"Mastery levels"

Floh

I don't really know how to formulate it, but "mastery levels" seems like it.

Hey reader, I hope your day is/was enjoyable!

Here's my question:

Is there like a most common order in mastering "tulpamancy skills"? By tulpamancy skills, i mean imposition, switching, posession etc.

Can(/did it ever happen) a system master posession before imposition, or whatever?

I mean, switching and posession seem like very advanced stuff to me, as we are barely at the state of me trying to clearly hear Cora's voice, whereas we imagine imposition should be easier.

My thing is, should we practice everything at the same time, or set a "plan" up, with hierarchized (0% sure about how to spell this) steps ?

(Btw no matter how much i read and talk in IRC, I still didn't get what is different between switching and posession. I guess I will understand when we master these)

I hope I made myself understandable :)

Oh and I also hope this hasn't been asked before.. I used the search button, without success..

Floh

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not an organized system and there are no levels to climb, you can do whatever you'd like. But vocality typically comes well before other skills like that. Forcing personality and the like can be done before or during working on them. Possession has nothing to do with imposition, you could learn one or both or neither at any point. But possession is probably harder than imposition, assuming you're not trying to master imposition anyways.

There's no progress meter that shows when your tulpa is "done", they're just a person. If you guys feel like working towards something, do so. If you don't know what to do, stick to basics, developing their personality and becoming more comfortable with existence in general. Also remember to have fun.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

You're going to get different answers. But, in general, my best guess is it would be easier to focus on one thing at a time. Just a hunch. I would think that imposition would be the hardest thing to learn because you are basically causing full time hallucination. Switching is just weird and I have a hard time believing it is really possible or really happening. (sorry folks) All of these skills I personally would stick the qualifier adjective "apparent" in front of it, as they could all be a form of self delusion or hallucinating and self hypnosis.

Because they may be self delusions and hallucinations, I am not sure if there is really an advanced skill, unless you consider being more deluded than the other guy advanced. Also how is something so subjective "advanced?" How do I compare my skills to someone else's advanced skill? Maybe what another person is considering incredible success is weak sauce to what I am calling mediocre in my own mind. Also, I can't be sure that others are not exaggerating their success. I can't perceive it at all. So what is an advanced and impressive tulpa skill? I have no flipping idea. None of it is impressive to me because I can't perceive it.

All that being said. I would say my best guess on "levels of skills" lowest to highest:

1. Feeling a presence in your mind

2. Independent emotional response

3. Flash images or flash visions of your tulpa that seem to appear spontaneously

4. Independent/autonomous movement of the tulpa's form in your mind (no puppeting)

5. Independent/autonomous mind voice (no parroting)

6. Possession

7. Imposition

8. Switching (How in the flying flip people switch I have no idea. It is the wildest claim of tulpamancy.)

Like a method actor becomes the person they're acting as by almost literally becoming the character, thinking as if they really were.. I don't know, James Bond. Except, I exist and am not being roleplayed, so figuring out how to make the brain think as me instead of my host does seem tricky. You're replacing the entire identity your brain uses - not just identity but also thought patterns and other traits - to think and interact with the world. It takes some work. But it's not magic. Everything you need is already inside your head. If you've got a tulpa so well developed they're their own person, all that's left to do for switching is figuring out how to put that identity in charge instead of your own.

Well, that's how we explain it anyways. No one tulpa or tulpamancer can speak for others, so don't take that as fact. I couldn't tell you what's going on in anyone elses' heads.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Guest Anonymous

Flandre, your explanation of switching makes a lot more sense to me based on my experience with Melian and I can see how that is possible.  I think the form of switching described by people where the host becomes the tulpa and lives in the wonderland, perceiving it with his or her senses, is a wild claim unlikely to be anything other than some sort of delusional dreamstate.  I also think it probably is all fabricated by the mind after the fact like a retroactive false memory.

The host living in the wonderland is as real as the tulpa living in the wonderland. The host becomes a similarly disembodied person, but still a person nonetheless. It's a matter of who's in control of the body and thinking mind, not a matter of who actually exists. That's just not how it is.

Guest Anonymous

I will not allow my hostie to respond to this one.  I am turning off the butt-headedness and returning the forum to non-skeptical take peoples at their word and free discussion.  I am putting my foot down hard (figuratively and in mind space I have some mean ass cloggy pumps that I can stomp and kick with).  

People report what they experience, and what they experience is real to them.  I am thinking I, MELIAN, will begin to determine the meaning of reality for Mistgod-Melian on the internet.  I am getting tired of every thread and every post becoming Mistgod emotional hang up around what is real and what is not.

Let's return THIS thread to what it is supposed to be about.  Mastery levels and what order to learn new tulpa skills.  My hostie is now banned by Melian from responding in this thread again.  

Hummph!  That's right.  yeah

I wasn't saying tulpas had to definitely exist with that statement by the way. Rather, you can't pick and choose how real they are. If you believe a tulpa exists in the mind just fine, but that switching is impossible and the host could never be in a tulpa-like state, that's kind of dumb. The original identity the body was using is just projected in the same way a tulpa's is. Got all the same stuff a tulpa does, more if anything. It just seems silly to believe in tulpas as individuals but then draw the line at switching. Or maybe it's just a result of lack of understanding.

Again all I can say here is that the order is determined by your particular interests (and your tulpa's of course). Plenty of people learn to switch or impose without ever learning the other, because they wanted to. Plenty also do neither. The basic essentials of a tulpa are autonomy/apparent sentience and developing their personality, because that's kind of what makes them a person. That's just for a tulpa though. You could choose to have no personality and make a servitor or etc. etc..

Hey reader, I hope your day is/was enjoyable!

You too. I like your name.

There's no progress meter that shows when your tulpa is "done", they're just a person.

While this is true, I think there's a "but" here. Even though, yeah, we continue growing and changing throughout our lives, there is a certain point early on where the tulpa feels "developed." This point seems to vary between tulpamancers (my host puts the goalposts at "autonomy"), but it's pretty consistent across tulpamancers that things like vocality, personality development, and basic visualization get more focus in the "development" phase, and techniques like imposition, possession, and switching are for the "post-development" phase. With exceptions, probably.

Other than that, techniques can be learned in any order within those two groups. We had imposition down WAY before we had ever heard of switching. Like Flandre said, one person can't speak for another, so just pick what you want to learn first and start practicing.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Is there like a most common order in mastering "tulpamancy skills"? By tulpamancy skills, i mean imposition, switching, posession etc.

Sounds like their tulpa is already at that point. And I consider a developed tulpa ready to start growing as a person, not "done developing". I agree with the term developed entailing general vocality and independence, but I don't consider that any sort of stopping point, nor do I consider skills like imposition the necessary next steps. Just be a person, wherever that leads you.