"Mastery levels"

Floh

Well, I consider tulpas to be fully developped as soon as the creation process started. I like to think that the only thing evolving and making progress is the brain and it's mechanism that make the tulpas perceivable for the host. That's what i meant. Like, is there an easier to learn mechanism for the brain, or are they all equal in difficulty. I guess the answer (as always in this community) is it depends on the brain :D.

I like to picture switching/possession like that: I picture my brain like a control panel of some sort, something like where a plane is piloted. This place isn't our wonderland, but we can appear here the same way. Right now I am the only one able to control the body with this machine, but Cora would just have to either "learn" how the buttons and joysticks work, or the machine to accept her as a pilot too.

When it will happen, she will just sit on the chair as I am right now, and I'll be behind her, as she is right now (switching duhh)

About what Mistgod said :

I think the brain is a fantastic piece of equipment and that it can do barely anything. You could think all those things are "delusional dreams", or "self hypnosis", but the brain has enough power to create an independant entity, why not choose which one is in control of the body, or decide that the eyes see it? That doesn't seem mystic to me. Vision is just an interpretation of signals sent by eyes. If you change this interpretation, you change reality.

People with multiple personnality disorder can really be different people, in the same body, switching without wanting it. I like to picture tulpamancy as a controlled and wanted MPD. No one can doubt the existence of MPD, can they?

You too. I like your name.

Thanks :) Why? I like yours too. Reminds me of good memories.

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people can doubt MPD. It was controversial during its entire lifetime on the books. And now it exists no more. Anyway, tulpamancy is not identical to controlled and wanted disordered multiplicity. There seem to be a few differences, such as the lack of lost time, and other differences in the experience of switching, and also what it is like when inactive.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

What do you mean it doesn't exist anymore? Sure it's not the same thing, but I guess both are based on the idea of more than one person in one body right?

Oh I see! Should have wikied it then :) Well it's just a matter of name, the fact of being multiple remains the same i guess

I think the brain is a fantastic piece of equipment and that it can do barely anything.

*Almost anything, I think you meant.

Thanks :) Why? I like yours too. Reminds me of good memories.

Oh that's cool. I dunno, just sounds nice. Feels floaty and colorful. Apparently it means flea in German, but Reisen's means travel and it's definitely not where her name came from.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don’t think people taking part in the tulpa creation and interaction have to work hard to unlock certain doors of enlightenment, knowledge, and such. If this was the case, there would be a societal criterion set up, and because it’s hard to create solid references for private, inner experiences that other minds can’t access directly, so it would end up being arbitrary. In other words, one would be falling victim to other people’s benchmark of ‘correctness’ in attaining the perfect attitude, fortitude, and what have you.

Some may see mastering emotional intelligence, i.e., leaning how to assess your emotions, and how you react to things may be a pinnacle in itself. Others will state some other ‘ought’ you should strive for, but something to keep in mind is that one may be creating their own instrumental ‘oughts’ that help them get through this. It’s really a personal journey where societal context may help in pacing yourself, but the only person that’s going to treat them as sentient is you.

Thanks Linkzelda ! Don't you think tulpamancy needs hardwork ?

So, as always, it's up to us, and there are no references whatsoever... :( I like this part of this community, because it lets us pretty free, BUT i also hate it, because we have to move forward in complete darkness, and complete darkness scares me. I have the feeling that people just don't want to commit too much, as if they were afraid to give "wrong advices".

(Cora :We should have formulated this like that: "In what order did you guys master tulpamancy skills?" Because it is factual... Human language is so annoying...)

So, as always, it's up to us, and there are no references whatsoever... :(  I like this part of this community, because it lets us pretty free, BUT i also hate it, because we have to move forward in complete darkness, and complete darkness scares me. I have the feeling that people just don't want to commit too much, as if they were afraid to give "wrong advices".

[We should have formulated this like that: "In what order did you guys master tulpamancy skills?" Because it is factual... Human language is so annoying...]

If we could give concrete answers, we would. But there's just too much variation in how this stuff can be done. So nope: no easy step-by-step guide here.

If you want to move forward with the question you're asking here, here's the order we learned things:

• Imposition (visual and audio) - We naturally picked this up before we even realized tulpamancy/soulbonding/whatever was a thing. It's something our host has been able to do for years, but the techniques on this forum have helped us refine it.
  • Audio hallucination - A trick our host taught herself so she could listen to music at a boring job: she can trick her ears into physically hearing music, which is a step above imposition. For us, this has little connection to tulpamancy, since we can't really access it most of the time, but it's considered a technique, so figured I'd toss it up here.

Note that both of the above were figured out before we found the community. It's not that they're easiest... they just came most naturally to our host. Then, after we found these boards:

• Switching - Technically, we figured out cofronting first, which is a soulbondy way to say "multiple people at the front at the same time." Then we figured out fronting/switching.
  • Tactile imposition - This is one we're still working on.

I don't think we've ever really understood what possession was even about, so that's not really something we're interested in.

For you, I'd say wait to tackle this stuff until you can hear Cora's voice better. We find all these techniques are easier to do once the headmate has a strong, sustained presence in the system. Though that's us, and like I said, everyone's different. So do whatever sounds easiest or most fun for you, I guess.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

Thanks for your participation Joss :D

Yeah that's exactly what I expected from this post actually : personal experiences. I know nothing here must be understood as a precise guideline, I just like to compare to others, maybe to feel more comfortable with my "normality".. Idk.. But yeah, as you said I'm pretty sure we should work on Cora's presence strength before we try to give her the commands of the body or to trick the senses with her voice or appearance...

(Cora :Your first host seems like she has native tulpamancy skills, I envy that a bit :3 Everything is so hard and long for Floh !)