"Mastery levels"

Floh

My brother was born with two headmates, and they are able to effortlessly possess/switch. Yet they have a hard time communicating and imposing.

On the other hand, my tulpas and I communicate and impose constantly. Yet we are having trouble learning to possess... let alone switch!

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought switching was obviously harder than imposition or even communication... That seemed so obvious to me, but it looks like it isn't at all !

I understand here that one's pace is normal, whatever pace it is.

Thanks Solune :)

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

And I thought switching was obviously harder than imposition or even communication... That seemed so obvious to me, but it looks like it isn't at all !

I understand here that one's pace is normal, whatever pace it is.

Thanks Solune :)

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"

That being said, it's wonderful that you possess the humility to seek council.

You're very welcome, and we wish you the best.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

Aha thanks, we are trying to build a system with equilibrium and goodwill, we are convinced that many diverse and opposed opinions make better decisions ;) Moreover, experience makes the best knowledge, that's why this community has so much to offer :)

The best to you too guys :D

I don't really know how to formulate it, but "mastery levels" seems like it.

Hey reader, I hope your day is/was enjoyable!

Here's my question:

Is there like a most common order in mastering "tulpamancy skills"? By tulpamancy skills, i mean imposition, switching, posession etc.

Can(/did it ever happen) a system master posession before imposition, or whatever?

I mean, switching and posession seem like very advanced stuff to me, as we are barely at the state of me trying to clearly hear Cora's voice, whereas we imagine imposition should be easier.

My thing is, should we practice everything at the same time, or set a "plan" up, with hierarchized (0% sure about how to spell this) steps ?

(Btw no matter how much i read and talk in IRC, I still didn't get what is different between switching and posession. I guess I will understand when we master these)

I hope I made myself understandable :)

Oh and I also hope this hasn't been asked before.. I used the search button, without success..

Floh

There is no unified system, but here is how I picture the rankings in my head. It starts to fall apart after autonomy, because there is like a list of things to work on after that, and the order is preference. I hope you find my list useful, I think it covers everything you can do. Feel free to re arrange it from "IV" onward to suit your needs and act as a guideline. I actually will be using this myself, as I made it for you I realized it's pretty useful.

I. Can sense the presence of your tulpa but not communicate

II. Can communicate somewhat, but it is not clear who is communicating what when you do communicate

III. Can communicate clearly, and tulpa is autonomous (say's things that surprise you, provides fresh perspective, say's unexpected things, can parallel process. (after this the ranking gets more subjective, what you work on after this is a matter of preferance).

IV. Tulpa is imposed partially, or on some of the easier to impose senses. 

V. Can interact with tulpa vividly in wonderland (what I am working on, any achievements at this level or past it I would consider advanced achievements.)

VI. Tulpa fully imposed except visually

VII. Tulpa fully imposed, including visually imposed.

VIII. Tulpa's presence persistent and fully imposed throughout any given day (My goal).

IX. Multiple Tulpa's who are fully imposed and persistent.

X. Possession achieved.(This is where my disbelief sits at, I am not sure if I consider switching/possession real or not, and will address it only when I am otherwise perfected. If someone really does this, they are probably using the most advanced technique there is, though not necessarily the one that takes the most time to develop.)

XI. Switching achieved.

Btw no matter how much i read and talk in IRC, I still didn't get what is different between switching and posession.

Switching, is accompanied by full peripheral vision (about 130 degrees?). Basically, for the tulpa you have "become" the body.

Posession, can be all the way up to full body control, but it lacks the peripheral vision. It's a sort of "tunnel vision" perception. I suppose it could be described as like wearing blinkers?

Switching is just weird and I have a hard time believing it is really possible or really happening.

[Kevin says: I've been switching since 1985. It is a thing. And, yeah, it's about the weirdest feeling in the world. To see your own hands changing the gears and driving the wheel? It's just such a creepy feeling for me even still. It took me more then a decade to learn. I get the impression many people who use the term "switching" actually mean posession. Switching is pretty uncommon, in my opinion.]

I would say, myself, I don't recommend switching. I find it extremely exhausting. I wouldn't include switching in any "list of mastery" - switching doesn't make you a master. Possession is potentially more useful anyway.

[Kevin says: I started a long time ago; before guides, before any community. The first thing my first tulpa did was speak. This was after about 9 years of dormacy. Then, when I was in the midst of an car accident she decided to speak. She just piped up and said "Don't worry. You will be allright." She then did something I've not heard of other tulpas doing - she slowed down subjective time. "The Matrix" level of slowing down time. To the point that it was like time had frozen. I could see the cracks in the windscreen slowly creeping across the glass as the windscreen began to shatter. The steering wheel twisted in my hands into a pretzel shape, just from me gripping it too hard. My knee, resting against the handbrake, bent it at right angles (and it's 3/4 inch solid steel). My foot, only in sandals, bent the accellerator pedal completely back on itself. My car was bent into a banana shape from the force of the impact, yet I climbed out of that wreck with only the tiniest of cuts. I'd been in a accident that totalled my car and not felt it because my tulpa slowed subjective time so much it was barely a bump to me.

Where did my tulpa experience start? Matrix time.

A list of the things my tulpa learned, in order?

1. Auditory imposition

2. Matrix time

3. Switching

4. Raising the body temperature at request

5. Cooling the body temperature

6. Adjusting the focal length of my eyes to correct for short sightedness

7. Selective editing of hearing (eliminating the effects of tinnitus)

8. Speeding up subjective time (so that hours seem to go by in minutes)

9. Raising my metabolism to wake me up when I am tired.

All of these are however short-term adjustments.]

Please consider supporting Tulpa.info.

Possession is taking control of the body to some extent. Switching is taking control of the mind, which should entail the body too unless the host.. is possessing? That's a weird concept. Anyways, switching means the tulpa is in the thinking place and the host is in a more tulpa-like state. Once you're switched the host doesn't technically have to have any involvement whatsoever. In possession the host is still more or less in control, though if it's full-body possession then they're sort of just watching.

People active in/from other communities might use the terms a bit differently, but those are the tulpamancy descriptions.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

It may interest you to know that there are documented (and I mean video documented) incidents where monks demonstrated the ability to increase their body's metabolism to warm themselves up. Even to the point of being able to be in a freezer for hours upon hours, and not suffer any damage from the cold (in some cases, melting the frost on the floor around their feet into a big puddle!)

I remember reading that this ability is very taxing on the body, and usually results in pretty dramatic fat loss/fluid loss. So obviously it can be dangerous.

When you think on the fact that the first tulpamancers were Buddhist monks... it heavily implies a connection. I've always thought of tulpamancy like hacking the brain/body. That's just more evidence to support the analogy.

I. Can sense the presence of your tulpa but not communicate

II. Can communicate somewhat, but it is not clear who is communicating what when you do communicate

III. Can communicate clearly, and tulpa is autonomous (say's things that surprise you, provides fresh perspective, say's unexpected things, can parallel process. (after this the ranking gets more subjective, what you work on after this is a matter of preferance).

IV. Tulpa is imposed partially, or on some of the easier to impose senses. 

V. Can interact with tulpa vividly in wonderland (what I am working on, any achievements at this level or past it I would consider advanced achievements.)

VI. Tulpa fully imposed except visually

VII. Tulpa fully imposed, including visually imposed.

VIII. Tulpa's presence persistent and fully imposed throughout any given day (My goal).

IX. Multiple Tulpa's who are fully imposed and persistent.

X. Possession achieved.(This is where my disbelief sits at, I am not sure if I consider switching/possession real or not, and will address it only when I am otherwise perfected. If someone really does this, they are probably using the most advanced technique there is, though not necessarily the one that takes the most time to develop.)

XI. Switching achieved.

We are at your 3rd level then ! I mean we are between II and III. I think this guideline is pretty acceptable for everyone, it seems logical to me :) Even though I'd put possession before imposition, but it's just because it makes me more curious.  

[Kevin says: [...]

1. Auditory imposition

2. Matrix time

3. Switching

5. Cooling the body temperature

6. Adjusting the focal length of my eyes to correct for short sightedness

7. Selective editing of hearing (eliminating the effects of tinnitus)

8. Speeding up subjective time (so that hours seem to go by in minutes)

9. Raising my metabolism to wake me up when I am tired.

All of these are however short-term adjustments.]

This Matrix time thing is hard to believe ! I don't mean i don't believe you, but it seems so damn cool :O Cora likes the idea of controling body temperature ; she is always emitting heat, she likes being warm whereas I'd rather be freezing .

Tulpa short sightedness cure looks like freakin' magic to me tho :o

Thank you all for your participation ! I'm pretty sure these could help a lot of people :D