"Mastery levels"

Floh

Guest Anonymous

@Nobillis

I think to interact with tulpas in their home ground, and to gain from it and stop constantly fighting with people, I need to learn to suspend my natural skepticism and just let it go and agree to take what people are telling me at face value. You do seem very confident and self assured in what you are reporting. It is impossible for me to verify one way or the other. So here we are. Why am I here? Am I here to disprove something or verify something or am I here to share Melian? I am here to share Melian. So there it is.

Nobillis I am willing to take your words at face value and suspend my skepticism and disbelief while interacting on this forum if you extend me the same courtesy, as you have already consistently done quite graciously and kindly. You are probably the most laid back and kind hearted and patient member of the forum that I know.

I have already stepped out of identifying as a tulpamancer and Melian as a tulpa for a reason. Now I need to let tulpas be and relax. It is a huge challenge. I will be honest, when I read these reports of switching and body control, my mind screams in protest that such things have to be fabricated or exaggerations. But I can't know that for sure can I? It is impossible for me to know for sure.

I will actively suspend my skepticism then for you and maybe some day, some how, it can all be confirmed. All that matters to me is that people listen to me about Melian and also believe what I am saying about her. It all comes from the heart and I have to believe the same is true of all the others here.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be honest' date=' when I read these reports of switching and body control, my mind screams in protest that such things have to be fabricated or exaggerations. But I can't know that for sure can I? It is impossible for me to know for sure.[/quote']

Well, Wittgenstein’s beetle makes it so to where it’s irrelevant to even want to hold value to that agnosticism over what’s going on.

All that matters to me is that people listen to me about Melian and also believe what I am saying about her. It all comes from the heart and I have to believe the same is true of all the others here.

But you make it seem as if others aren’t doing this; giving you the benefit of the doubt, and vice versa for you. One person gives their own criterion of how things are experienced for them, and another person does the same, and they end up doing a comparative analysis to find differences, similarities, similarities in difference, and what have you. And when a person states something from the heart, you admitted that there’s screaming in protest over what’s going on in those anecdotes even though Wittgenstein’s beetle kind of makes it futile to have a screaming protest. Unless of course, you had direct access to those inner experiences of other minds in the first place.

But then, all that you’ve been doing, which I guess is assumed from the heart, seems to create this double standard that if we’re the ones that get screaming of protest in our heads over what you would like us to believe of Melian, and your state of affairs with her, we’re supposed to accept whatever unpredictable reactivity on your end? I mean, I get that human nature is subjective, but maybe the reason people have screaming in protest over said interactions with her is because just like you, it’s a different mentality altogether.

It seems ‘coming from the heart’ is in guise of wanting others to accept it as is without considering that they themselves will naturally make biases. In other words, I wouldn’t expect you to have unconditional acceptance of what may be going on in my head, and vice versa. On both sides, we would end up humbling ourselves because that accessibility of other minds is impossible, for the time being.

But even then, I think it’s a matter of building experiential context over time that may tempt you to gradually subside the skepticism. But that really will have you getting into an open-minded mentality that can last for quite some time. I wish you the best, I guess.

Guest Anonymous

I wish you the best, I guess.

And I wish you the best in return, without guessing. :-)