my brain is to active to force

evilwu

Whenever I try to force, I zone out, and day dream to whole time. Only to snap out of it and realize I have wasted my forcing session. I need some help with some concentration techniques, so I can actually force.

I'm making this thread (probably should have done it earlier), because my zoning out while forcing has gotten way out of hand. Like today when I tried to force, I zoned out and day dreamed the yellow stone volcano had erupted.

so if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

There are a number of things you can do to force yourself to concentrate. Probably one of the most straightforward is to hold your hand in the air slightly while you force. It will remind you to stay on topic every time it falls.

Meditation and centring are highly recommended for this. Learning either will give you plenty of practise controlling your focus, and doing either right before forcing makes the forcing work better from what I hear.

If you are daydreaming anyway, maybe you can force out in the daydream. No reason to do it somewhere boring.

I am not really an expert on this.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

For simple solutions until you're able to concentrate better, getting yourself into a slightly uncomfortable position might help. You wouldn't want to get yourself into one that would keep you from focusing when you are forcing, just one that's enough to snap you out of your daydream occasionally if you do drift off, and remind you why you're in the position in the first place. Alternatively, you could leave a playlist of music on (one that reminds you of your tulpa, preferably) and that could snap you out of that state as well. There are a few guides on centering and focus here that are worth reading, so go to this thread, choose one, and see if any of the exercises work for you. If you need more suggestions, feel free to come back to this thread and let us know.

There are a number of things you can do to force yourself to concentrate. Probably one of the most straightforward is to hold your hand in the air slightly while you force. It will remind you to stay on topic every time it falls.

Meditation and centring are highly recommended for this. Learning either will give you plenty of practise controlling your focus, and doing either right before forcing makes the forcing work better from what I hear.

If you are daydreaming anyway, maybe you can force out in the daydream. No reason to do it somewhere boring.

I am not really an expert on this.

I never thought of trying to force in a daydream. I'll have to give it a try.

Probably one of the most straightforward is to hold your hand in the air slightly while you force. It will remind you to stay on topic every time it falls.

Lol, that's a technique for dream stuff. I think one may be able to hold their hand in the air relatively indefinitely when they are not bordering on consciousness.

Assuming you're not forcing in bed (don't do that), I'd recommend you set specific goals of what to do and make sure you're sticking to them. If it's a really big problem, set some type of timer to go off every few minutes or however long you need to remind yourself to stay on topic. If your mind is wandering then that means you need to give it direction.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Hey there Evil.

Personally, I like to sift through all the "junk" cluttering my mind before a hefty forcing session. At most, fifteen minutes of letting the chaotic or turbulent items of the mind, or the most distracting, run their course.

As stated above, you could also adopt certain thoughts as opportunities to force in different ways - for instance, if you thought of the Yellowstone super-volcano erupting, you could imagine yourself and your tulpa being present, watching the magnificent black plumes of ash heave up into the wind and infest the atmosphere whilst blotting out the sun.

I think it would not only be an entertaining challenge to your sense of visualisation, but also a means for you to invite your tulpa to explore the mind with you. You'll both have something to engage in, and in time, may be able to turn a quirk or weakness into something for you both to enjoy. Best wishes.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Maybe by brain being too active, you mean you're just acknowledging the scattering of thoughts and images that run rampant in our minds constantly with, or without our conscious awareness of these things. You could try binaural beats, or isochronic tones. I tend to mix around with alpha isochronics, beta, and occassionally the theta, but that's mostly for resting. And if guided meditation is your thing, I'm sure these audio supplements will prove useful to you. You can find them anywhere for free, especially on YouTube. I end up buying a few because they were more quality, but yeah, they're pretty easy to spot.

This problem of zoning out and then realizing you've wasted your time -- does this happen to you in contexts besides forcing? Like, does it happen when you're trying to do schoolwork (if applicable) or any other productive task?

I only bring it up because what you described sounds a lot like my own experiences with ADHD, so this could be a sign of a bigger problem. BUT, take that with a huge grain of salt, as I'm certainly no psychiatrist. Just thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility.

All that being said -- have you tried passive forcing? I find that to be a lot more helpful for me than active forcing, given my attention problems. Exchanging a few words with your tulpa whenever you happen to be thinking about it -- especially when multitasking, or if you mind wanders and you start thinking about your tulpa when doing some other task -- is a lot easier for me than sitting down and thinking "ok, I'm going to force now" only for my mind to inevitably wander before I can really get anywhere.

Pinky is not a pony. She's an imp.

Sunray is an angel-imp. Ex is humanoid. Kael is a dragon. Magnum is a dog.