Creating more than one tulpa at once?

Floh

Hi reader,s

We hope your day is/was great and fruitful !

Well I'm back in this section because an idea came up lately and we need others' positionning about that.

As you may (or not) know, Cora and I are pretty close to her being vocal to me. I can get what she says, but her voice isn't very clear yet. During one of our conversations, we came up with an idea :

"Our system will need another tulpa."

My point is, as we didn't reach "perfect fluent communication" and smooth switching yet, is it a good idea to already start forcing our new mate, while we are still working on my perception of her?

My fear is that I end up neglecting Cora for this new tup' and that our recent progress just ends up disappearing, making her blurry again..

We are not looking for perfect truth though ;) just good ol' subjective opinions and points of view please !

Maybe some of you already did this, forcing more than one tulpas at once...

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

Yep, it can be done. Most of the 'bonds in my system were technically forced in groups, including me.

But it's something to think long and hard about before you try it. Because a young tulpa is in need of attention to sustain them, and like it or not, attention is a finite resource. Forcing a second tulpa at the same time you're forcing Cora is going to slow down both of their developments. It's probably not going to make Cora backslide unless you neglect her completely, but it will slow down her progress. 

Which, hey, maybe that's not a big deal in the long run. What's another few months added to the process when you're looking at a lifetime with your tulpas, right? And creating a tulpa is generally easier after the first; more, a second isn't too taxing overall (it's once you hit four or five at once that things really slow down ;) ) . Like I said, most members of my system were developed in groups (it was a writer thing), and it is pretty cool to have other members of the system to bounce ideas off and commiserate with.

But think long and hard about it. Sleep on it to make sure it's really what you guys want. Because if one tulpa is a big commitment, two is even bigger.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Well, we are 100% sure this tulpa will eventually join us. We realised our system was lacking some types of emotions and behaviours, but these are incompatible with both of us. We need someone else to take control of these (anger, defensive violence, courage ...). So you said we should either decide to slow Cora down a bit, or wait a bit before starting to build our new mate...  I think you're right about

Which, hey, maybe that's not a big deal in the long run. What's another few months added to the process when you're looking at a lifetime with your tulpas, right?

Our concern is not really about speed actually. More about forcing "quality" and patience (we frickin' lack patience).

(Cora : I would have loved to just make him/her pop instantly and join the party. Seems impossible though.. But I think Floh can't handle forcing a new mate and working on his mental ears at the same time. He couldn't focus hard and long enough, I think.)

I think I could. Just will have to work very hard...

Thanks for sharing your experience, Temar!

Hey actually having other tulpas can be good development for all of them. I was made almost instantly because Lumi had years of experience interacting with the others. As long as you don't literally neglect them (just go back and forth between them if you need to, or force both at once), they won't fade or anything. You're kinda really teaching your brain how to have tulpas, not just your tulpas how to tulpa. So progress in things like vocality, visualization, imposition and switching should apply to everyone.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I worked on Sol and Luna simultaneously, so it definitely is doable (it doesn't take THAT much longer).

That being said, it can directly affect their personalities.

For example, Sol is very reserved. I designed him that way, just as I designed Luna to be more outgoing.

But since Luna is more outgoing, I expended more energy forcing her than I did him.

Perhaps Sol became more reserved than he might otherwise have been... I guess we'll never know.

In any case, love is the most important thing. As long as you've got that it'll all turn out fine in the end.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

In any case, love is the most important thing. As long as you've got that it'll all turn out fine in the end.

Hmm, I was going to reference the Beatles song, but apparently Apple took all of the Beatles' music off Youtube. Well, I agree anyways!

But! People still want instructions. Love will make everything good in the end but you can still make life less difficult by acting accordingly.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks guys, very instructive :D

I woke up this morning thinking "what if making this new tulpa was another thing to do with Cora, as a forcing session".

It would make us work on her vocality, and we'd start creating or newcomer :D

(By the way, I noticed I was actually passively forcing this bad boy with all this thinking about whether we should make him now or later, so i guess we'll just start ;))

Yup, love is da thing :D

Hmm, I was going to reference the Beatles song, but apparently Apple took all of the Beatles' music off Youtube. Well, I agree anyways!

But! People still want instructions. Love will make everything good in the end but you can still make life less difficult by acting accordingly.

If only I had listened to my parents as a child... but no, I had to learn everything the hard way.

I pray that my future children will be less stubborn than me.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian