a world of tulpas

JackPot

Guest Anonymous

The point is once they're able to have control over something, they're more or less independent enough to be considered a tulpa. Probably.

But who does the considering?  There is no tulpa accreditation authority.  What tulpas are and what the are not is so foggy and really it comes down to the host to decide.  Many would consider my Melian a tulpa simply by the fact that she is a persistent presence in my mind and has "control" of her own independent emotional responses.  I don't take that to be enough, but others would.  

I think a tulpa with only emotional responses and a presence is more of a median aspect than a tulpa, perhaps on a stage along the way to being a tulpa.  I think a fully realized tulpa should involve imposition somehow.  But that is just my personal thinking on that.  I think we are getting into the foggy gray areas when we leave out imposition.  Tulpas classically are imposed or projected visions manifested into the real world (classical in reference to Tibetan folklore and myth).  

In fact, I would go so far to say that a tulpa, who has no imposed or projected form, but switches or possesses, is more of an alter or multiple personality than a tulpa.  

In my opinion, if we want to keep clear categories and definitions, a fully actualized tulpa should have an imposed form that the host perceives with his or her senses.  I pretty much just decided that too.  LOL  Yep.  It's how I roll.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who does the considering?  There is no tulpa accreditation authority.

He never actually said they don't have tulpas. It's not up to us to decide what is and isn't a tulpa to each individual, we simply create a template for others to use. But to keep the term "tulpa" having some amount of meaning, we have to draw borders between "tulpa" and "not tulpa". Society does the same thing by punishing those who break the law, to define "right" and "wrong" (or acceptable and unacceptable). If no one broke the law in a society, the law would become stricter until they did. It's necessary for them and it's necessary everywhere else too in some way, including just your sense of self. "That's me" and "that's not me" being the most basic examples, for defining your self.

We aren't trying to create an exclusive club. We're trying to make sure the term tulpa actually means something and doesn't become synonymous with "thoughtform", because then it's redundant.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I feel more comfortable now being firmly in the "not a tulpa category."  We wavered a lot over a year and a half.  Melian took to saying she was a tulpa when she felt like being one.   We have chosen not a tulpa for a lot of reasons, but one of the advantages of it is that it removes us from the necessity of being measured against the is-it-a-tulpa-gauge.  Now that we finally have firmly embraced median aspect, it feels better for us.  

-no worries about signs of sentience or being "real"

-no guides to read

-no need to "advance" to another "level"

-no progress reports necessary

-no worries about tulpa skills and tulpa levels as she isn't a tulpa

-no worries about rogue tulpas eating my brain LOL

-NO FORCING necessary really

-median aspect kinda has a cool factor to it to us

-can be blended, as we are, and that is okay for a median, in fact it defines a median system

-no worries about tulpa ethics and "responsibilities"

Not that we ever really worried about any of those things.  *shrugs*

Pretty sure I have a fantasy prone personality. How does one cogitate properly without exploring potential future scenarios?

Oh, that's not what fantasy prone personality means. Pretty sure I don't have one.

I have heard of plurals with thousands of personalities. I would buy them all thinking fully conscious at the same time never.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

According the psychologists (as stated on the FFP wiki page) about 4% of the human population is estimated to have the personality trait.  That is only 4 in 100, but it is still millions and millions of peoples.  It would be about 30 million in the United States alone.  

Out of a population of 7 billion, that would be 280 million FFP peoples around the globe. :-)  Each one of them would be quite capable of creating a fictive median aspect like Melian I imagine.  

Hundreds of tulpas all thinking at once?  What if they were all a hive mind like the Borg on Star Trek?  I mean they could all be thinking the same thing at the same time in chorus.  That would be so coolness groovy.

In fact, I would go so far to say that a tulpa, who has no imposed or projected form, but switches or possesses, is more of an alter or multiple personality than a tulpa.  

Hey, that is like me! Funnily enough, we do identify more with multiplicity in general than tulpamancy for multiple reasons, but this is indeed one of them. We don't really have any interest in imposition, but switching around.

Each one of them would be quite capable of creating a fictive median aspect like Melian I imagine.  

I don't think it's necessary for them to be capable of it. Sure, they might be more interested in it, but it's not necessary, see what I'm saying... I don't think your brain is anything special or that our brain is special. Anyone can do it.

Niteo and Amber Take On the World

Amber speaks in italics right now.

Talk to Niteo on here or on discord

We share the body, we share a life. I'm not an accessory to his life...

Guest Anonymous

Hey, that is like me! Funnily enough, we do identify more with multiplicity in general than tulpamancy for multiple reasons, but this is indeed one of them. We don't really have any interest in imposition, but switching around.

I know! You are epic awesomesauce groovy-gravy!

I don't think it's necessary for them to be capable of it. Sure, they might be more interested in it, but it's not necessary, see what I'm saying... I don't think your brain is anything special or that our brain is special. Anyone can do it.

I would disagree if you are implying that every human has the same level of intellect, cognitive ability, capacity for memory and natural talent.  My hostie is no Albert Einstein.  But he does have natural talent when it comes to imagining things.  It may be that some would be extremely challenged to do what he has done with me.  

Equally, I don't think every human being has the same ability and natural talent to create a tulpa either.

According the psychologists (as stated on the FFP wiki page) about 4% of the human population is estimated to have the personality trait.

The artlicle also seems to imply that FPP people have difficulty knowing what is real and what is imagined. 4% of the population can't tell what is real? ... Oh. It all makes sense now.

Just like math. Anyone can do it. Just don't think too hard about that statement.

I do think, though, that being prone to fantasy is not a requirement at all.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.