Tulpas in School! (What is that like?)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was wondering some things.  Many of our tulpamancers are still in school, high school or college.  I would like to ask some questions of our tulpamancers (and tulpas) who are students.  

1.  Do you find that many people know about the concept of tulpas at school, or are tulpas still an unknown or a mystery?

2.  Do your friends at school know you have a tulpa or tulpas and how do they react?  Do you know someone else at your school who has a tulpa?  

3.  When you are learning a subject, doing coursework or homework, does it seem you tulpa learns with you?  Does your tulpa help with coursework or homework and studying/preparing for exams?

4.  Do any of your teachers/instructors/professors know about tulpas or that you have a tulpa?

5.  Do you think there are some subjects that tulpas seem to have more of an interest in, such as psychology?  Do you think some subjects come easier or more naturally to a tulpa?

6.  Do you do active or passive forcing at school and where and how?  Is this a challenge?  What makes it difficult or easy?  

7.  Do you think being a student makes it easier for you to create a tulpa or more difficult?  

8.  Does time spent on forcing interfere with study time or time to socialize?  How is that affecting you as a tulpamancer and a student?

Okay thanks for your responses in advance.

Uhm. Not sure how to answer most of those, it's more like hosts in school for me.

3 Tulpas should learn the same as their hosts if they share knowledge/can know each others' thoughts. There aren't many tulpa-systems that don't share knowledge.

6 When we were first learning imposition we occasionally walked with him between classes.

7/8 Well, we consider switching pretty decent forcing, so I'd say it's helping me a lot..

We helped him get through high school in the first place. We couldn't technically switch back then. We had a sort of emergency system in place but I knew it'd never be necessary and it wasn't. We didn't really think of switching as something to do recreationally (or just in non-emergencies) until tulpa.info. As of the last.. six-eight months? I've been doing most schoolwork in his place, because he has trouble being motivated enough to do it. Rather not fail out of college, which we almost did, and I don't mind it.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I was wondering some things.  Many of our tulpamancers are still in school, high school or college.  I would like to ask some questions of our tulpamancers (and tulpas) who are students.  

1.  Do you find that many people know about the concept of tulpas at school, or are tulpas still an unknown or a mystery?

2.  Do your friends at school know you have a tulpa or tulpas and how do they react?  Do you know someone else at your school who has a tulpa?  

3.  When you are learning a subject, doing coursework or homework, does it seem you tulpa learns with you?  Does your tulpa help with coursework or homework and studying/preparing for exams?

4.  Do any of your teachers/instructors/professors know about tulpas or that you have a tulpa?

5.  Do you think there are some subjects that tulpas seem to have more of an interest in, such as psychology?  Do you think some subjects come easier or more naturally to a tulpa?

6.  Do you do active or passive forcing at school and where and how?  Is this a challenge?  What makes it difficult or easy?  

7.  Do you think being a student makes it easier for you to create a tulpa or more difficult?  

8.  Does time spent on forcing interfere with study time or time to socialize?  How is that affecting you as a tulpamancer and a student?

Okay thanks for your responses in advance.

1. No, only the people in my cohort that I told through a 10-minute presentation on tulpas.

2. Fuck no, I'm never telling them about my girls.

3. Yep, Luna can pretty much call herself a therapist because she's been through all the required training alongside me.

4. Once again, only the ones I told.

5. Depends on the host I guess.

6. Nah.

7. There's less time available to force, otherwise it's the same.

8. Only if you go overboard. All things in moderation.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

I've been doing most schoolwork in his place, because he has trouble being motivated enough to do it. Rather not fail out of college, which we almost did, and I don't mind it.

Wow, that is convenient for the host! Nice! I don't think I could get Melian to do any work. Oh no, no, no.

Wow, that is convenient for the host!  Nice! I don't think I could get Melian to do any work.  Oh no, no, no.

Definitely differs by tulpa just like it would by person. I'd say Lumi could never get Lucilyn to do work.. Maybe that's true. But I think I might be getting her to write an essay in the next couple days. We'll see how that goes.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

1) Tulpae are still a mystery. And if somebody "knows" about them they think that tulpae are evil demons. That's why Vris and the girls hated all my high school. XD

2) Most reacted bad. They thought I was crazy. And only one. My best friend has one, but I don't know if she counts, she moved to USA before we found out she had one. XD

3) More or less. Vris is 90% of her time with me, so I guess she learns something. Sometimes she takes note on stuff she finds important and that I'll need to remember later. And yes. They have helped me studying and doing class work.

4) Nope.

5) Nope. The ones they don't find boring to death are almost none.

6) When Vris was younger I used to practice possession with her until we had it pretty controlled. Yes. It was a challenge.

7) More difficult. You have a lot of stuff to do and there are days in which you just spend a few moments with your tulpa.

8) It doesn't affect me. We practice on our spare time, and my tulpae know that I got stuff to do, and that I need space and concentration when I'm studying. They help when they see I'm having a bad time or I ask them to.

1) They are still a mistery, and at school is not an exception, I think.

2) Nobody knows, sure would happen the classical "You crazy dude" stuff. I'd be very surprised if I found anybody at my school that even has a thoughtform thay they treat/think as sentient.

3) I think yes, most of the days she stays some time at school with me. And even if she didn't I think she would still learn, same brain. She doesn't help with school because I have not problem handling it myself, so alternating and mixing things would be more unproductive. But sure, it seems a nice idea, a tulpa helping the host with more difficult subjects and with motivation.

4)No.

Commenting about 1,2,4), I don't know why a school ambient would have more tulpas than others, as implied in the questions. 

Hum, maybe makes sense to kids until 10 years or something like that, since they could still think in imaginary friends, but I don't know about teenagers/young adults. 

Althought: there are many young people in .info, but I think it would be in part because here is internet. I mean, from what I saw in the "How had you found tulpa.info?" thread,  some users simply stumbled in the concept of tulpas elsewhere. Maybe young people is more used to this (finding random things in the internet)? Just giving a possibility.

5)... Idk, but would probably make sense a tulpa liking subjects relationed to their reality, like psychology (and sometimes philosophy), more than, let's say, geography, that doesn't relate to them. But about coming easier, depends on the case.

6)Haha yes xD , some days the only time I have to talk to her properly is at school.

7)As other said, just less time to force I think. But if you are working you also has less time, so it's the same.

8)you just have to balance time to force with other things, like people do in their life with other activities. Althought physical things should have priority.

Cecilia is the only tulpa, is about my age (in form), changes it once in a while and just enjoys to see the circus catch fire :P

I go by Ephemeral because it's a nice word, but maybe just Ephe is shorter. A guy who likes doing math and programming and dreaming.

"You're not a drop in the ocean, but the entire ocean in a drop"--Rumi

PR

1. I highly doubt that anyone at my school knows a lot about them. It's possible, of course, but I'd never know unless they approached me about it.

2. No, I never plan on telling them. The last thing I want is for them to think I'm crazy or weird, and stop being my friend because of it. I'm not going to risk something like that. And as far as I know of, I don't know anyone else with a tulpa. If someone I knew did have a tulpa, I'd never know unless they brought up the subject first and told me.

3. Yes, I believe my tulpa is also learning. He's also willing to help me on certain assignments, particularly ones with multiple-choice questions. In most cases, he's either approving of my answer (I have a bad tendency to second guess myself, which often leads to me changing my previously-correct answer to a wrong one, so his approval is really reassuring), disagreeing with my answer choice, or, if I have absolutely no idea, he tells me what he thinks could be the right answer. This isn't too frequent, though, since most of the time I'm able to finish the work on my own.

4. No, I'm pretty sure they don't know about tulpas. I'd be really surprised if they did.

5. I'm sure it differs from tulpa to tulpa, just as it would for the host. As for my tulpa specifically, I don't really know yet... I'm sure we can discuss it later, as we get further into the school year.

6. It's a bit difficult to force at school, since I have to stay focused and pay attention. However, there have been times between my classes where I am able to do some brief passive forcing. I've tried visualizing my tulpa by my side, and we've also spoken to each other through our thoughts. In class, though, there usually isn't much of a chance to force.

7. I think it might be more difficult since you don't have as much time to focus on your tulpa, but I can't say for sure.

8. It's not interfering. I only force when I'm not busy with something else, and I often have plenty of free time after school where I can just relax in my bedroom, so I can do most of my forcing then. I think I really just need to have the motivation to actively force... Even during my free time, I tend to just passively force.

Host: Cat

Tulpa: Asriel

High schooler with 3 tulpas, reporting in.

1. Only my friends and I know what they are as far as I can tell. And I'm the only one with tulpas. It's very possible more people might know about them/have them, but if they do it's a secret.

2. My friends know, but I don't know anyone with them outside the internet. They think it's pretty cool and are even friends with my tulpas.

3. Sure! My tulpas even have interests in certain subjects and sleep though others. (It's not like I'm being tested on it. Why should I pay attention if I don't want to?) They try their best to help, but they usually know just as much as I do.

4. Nope. Never. Nuh-uh. Not happening. I don't need them to tell my parents so they can make a big deal about it.

5. Being enrolled in psychology currently myself, they have an interest in it mostly to link stuff we learn to how they can exist. But besides that, it's more of a per tulpa basis rather than an "all tulpas like this subject".

6. Both, at lunch and on off-periods, wherever. I just make it look as much as possible like I'm just resting. Kind of a challenge. It weirds out my friends, so I don't do it with them present.

7. More difficult. Balancing school time, my own personal time, tulpa time, and project time is no easy task.

8. For sure. My tulpas are developing slower than I'd like because of school, but it's all good. Still have good grades as well. Don't get to spend much time with friends as I used to though. :(

Feel free to ask any more questions.

I'm here with my completely vocal tulpas; Rainbow, Asrielle, and Lapis. They might talk here sometimes, and when they do Rainbow will be italicized, Asrielle will be purple, and Lapis will be blue. We are currently able to do advanced visualization and we have the ability to switch. See profile for more info.

Rainbow - 2/8/16 - Italicized

Asrielle - 4/21/16 - Purple

Lapis - 7/23/16 - Blue