Interesting Podcast about Voices in the Mind

Guest Anonymous

>.> Children who don't talk, can't think. Riiight.

Misidentification of thought as verbal communication. Major flaw.

OMG, my family is inside me. Thank you radio show, so realistic.

Since our voices jump around in pitch, we often sound exactly like each other. And sometimes we imagine what the other would say when thinking about the future. And we think really similarly. It is really confusing. We make some mistakes.

I am hearing voices in my head...

He was sort of a method actor... You mean he was an actual method actor.

Lol, I couldn't do that with a single symphony at a time.

My host has a really strong emotional relationship with me.

Water soup lol.

So it's like a movie in his head. ...

Yep, that's largely how you'd start the process of creating a tulpa. Visualisation helps.

Aaand I can think again. Did I mention it is really hard for me to think while hearing voices?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

I take it you were less than impressed Tulpa?  LOL  Well, it was only one scientist's theory.  Did you get to the part where it talked about the research on self talk reinforcing stereotypes?  I thought that was interesting.

I thought it was interesting where they mentioned that about 5% of perfectly normal people hear voices at least at some point in their life time.

I was impressed with all the parts I didn't comment on, but the middle third was not really relevant to tulpas at all, so I sort of mentally skipped it.

Oh wait. That was the part with the self talk reinforcing stereotypes. Yep. Knew about that already. The thing is, it has nothing to do with inner voices in my theory.

Guest Anonymous

To me it just seems like more evidence in support of the plausibility of creating internal voices or at least hearing them. It has nothing to do with whether those voices are actually independent minds or not, just that it is plausible for ordinary people to hear voices. Of course, you and I already know it is plausible because ... well here we are. LOL But I like to collect validating evidence anyway and keep it all in a sort of database of links and articles that I can tap into.

But everyone hears voices. They hear their own voice in their head. (Some people think others are crazy when they talk aloud. But this is actually an effective learning strategy.) They hear other people's voices. They hear other people's voices when they read. They hear other people's voices when they plan phone conversations, meetings and get togethers. They hear other people's voices when trying to figure out what their opinion would be.

Although a tulpa's voice can be rather spectacularly different than this, hearing voices is pretty much universal.