We don't understand you

Floh

Well i don't take upset people the same way, in my world, I think they shouldn't be upset, and I usually think I am responsible for helping them not being upset anymore D:

So I'm nice to people and try to help, but at the end of the day if they wanna be upset that's their thing not mine.

I try and help them too because I think everyone should want to be happy by default. That's why I said "at the end of the day", because at the end of the day, it seems like some people just don't want to be happy. So I don't worry about making people who don't want to be happy happy. But I do try to help if I think they would rather be happy. That's what I meant.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I think for my part I can contribute to this effort to improve the mood by being aware of how tactless I am being. Also, I have this overwhelming need to immediately jump on what I consider the elemental flaws of tulpamancy. Oh and tulpamancy practice does have glaring flaws IMO. The good news is that I am getting exhausted and that is a fact. The forum hasn't changed and tulpamancy hasn't changed (much). So my efforts to expose and stamp out what things I consider to be colossally inane have accomplished precisely zippo except to create an uncomfortable, negative atmosphere. I honestly thought that I could change things by force of will and turn the community into what I wanted it to be. I have had my ferocious go at Tulpa Info, and then some, and then again, and it didn't change much of anything to be Mistgod Land.

Instead, very very slowly and painfully, I am changing instead of the community changing. I know it is apparent to some of you who know me well, and not so apparent to others who don't. There have been some very important conversations in recent PMs about Tulpa Info, plurality, and my relationship to it and where Melian and I are going.

Yes, I realize this thread is not about all about Melian and me. Still I wanted to say these things.

It's OK, you guys have been on the opposite side of a lot of arguments in the last couple months and it's really impressed us. Like we never took sides anyways, but back in the day we often had to defend you because we (who have relatively popular beliefs?) didn't really agree either. And now it's more like you're one of the people we can trust to answer things well without us saying anything.

still dramaballs tho

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Guest Anonymous

Now if only tulpamancers could resist dropping bombs like "most people here never achieve proper sentience," I might have an easier go at not being "toxic."  But, like I said, if I am waiting for that to happen it will be a very long wait I think.  Melian is trying to teach me to LET IT GO.  She wants me to not jump on each and every cringe worthy statement or claim.  

Oh on a side note and off topic, if someone claims that "most people here never achieve proper sentience" would take a close look at his or her own logic, they would realize that it means he or she has probably never achieved proper sentience.  I love how these individuals assume they have it all in the bag, but so many others are confused failures.  They put themselves above these statements as if it is obvious they are so good and can be set outside of them.  It is the biggest laughable flaw in tulpamancy of all.  Sorry but.. yeah.  That is the kind of thing that just gets my goad every time.  But I will try very, very hard to LET IT GO, at least some of the time.

no such thing as proper sentience, everyone's already sentient, all that exists is the persistent stability of your experience of experiencing them as not you

You're not really required to argue with people about that you know

Yeah, proper sentience would mean we'd have to have access to each other's inner experience, but we can't. But, we can make inferences that sentience is a thing in humans. It's just some can't see tulpas as being part of a process of the host doing some mirroring over what it means to be sentient, for them as host, and seeing if the mind can do the same in relation to tulpas.

Stripping away this probable scenario the mind could be capable of brings to surface of certain complexes that we should talk about in the future. Mostly whether or not the host truly has this unchallenged reigning over their continuity of self, or if this is even a problem to even be bothered by in general.

Guest Anonymous

Melian and I decided after reading that statement that we are definitely a vulgar and crude kind of improperly sentient. LOL I don't mean to pick on any one person here. It is just the thing and the reason WHY I have had the war with Tulpa Info for so long.

"You're not really required to argue with people about that"

Yes, and that is why I really do have to learn relax and let that kind of thing just pass on by unchallenged.

Guest Anonymous

Why are you/we unable to discuss anything without being caustic and agressive ? 

In conversation, there's what I call the willingness to agree. If you're willing to agree with someone, like a good friend, you're less likely to harshly criticise her and more likely to either politely tolerate or agree with her. You don't want to damage your friendship over a dispute, so if things go south, you'd rather agree to disagree and move on.

I felt the love when I calmly tried to explain my viewpoint on individuality; people were not willing to agree.

Are we friends in this community?

I'm friends with everyone, but I'm only me so I can't be friends for you.

Guest Anonymous

In conversation, there's what I call the willingness to agree. If you're willing to agree with someone, like a good friend, you're less likely to harshly criticise her and more likely to either politely tolerate or agree with her. You don't want to damage your friendship over a dispute, so if things go south, you'd rather agree to disagree and move on.

I felt the love when I calmly tried to explain my viewpoint on individuality; people were not willing to agree.

Are we friends in this community?

We are not friends like as in real life close friends. We are more or less strangers meeting on an internet discussion forum. But we can try to be more friendly and have a diplomatic approach to discourse that is more conducive to harmony and productivity.