We don't understand you

Floh

Guest Anonymous

I think part of the reason why this forum is seen as "toxic" and mean is that it is more than a gaming forum would be. Here literally some people feel their existence is threatened by simple words and ideas being expressed. I have actually seen this said in the IRC chat "Your bullshit is threatening my existence!"

Doubt is damaging or inhibiting to tulpas and scary. So sometimes it goes beyond just being toxic, it is apparently down right dangerous. LOL

I tried for a while to think about that and consider it, then tossed it out the window and went back to dangerous words and speaking uncomfortable things that foster doubt. I figured if a tulpa can survive the Mistgod onslaught, they will be strong and enduring and never fade.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mistgod: You make me laugh. And you make me grind my teeth. :D

You cannot resist responding to the most tangential comments I make.

Oh on a side note and off topic, if someone claims that "most people here never achieve proper sentience" would take a close look at his or her own logic, they would realize that it means he or she has probably never achieved proper sentience.

That's not what I said. Quote:

I think that the majority of people who go in for this task never get a proper sentience going.

Do you think most of the people here are the same as most people who attempt this endeavour? Can you not imagine that I am reaching for an explanation how she has obvious evidence in my feeling emotion but most tulpamancers are so unsure about it? Did you consider I may be accounting for the large number of tulpamancers who drop out early in the process?

Now, assuming I said what you think I said, statistically, you are completely correct. Do I really have to say it? A man in a town says, "Most people here aren't aware that there is a river in the valley on the other side of that mountain." Statistically, that means the speaker is probably unaware of the river himself. Do you see the problem?

Did you forget my belief about what sentience means? The ability to feel emotion? Sometimes, when we try to put ourselves in the shoes of others we feel the emotions they are going through. But we are not actually feeling this emotion. This is not an example of proper sentience. Being annoyed at misinterpretations is an example of proper sentience.

I mean, when half the people who are actually practising the craft think it is not really real, how do you never feel like punching anything ever?

The tulpamancy practice or craft itself is perfectly real.

Ambiguous sentence structure bites me in the ass on this one. Half the people here do not think Tulpas are actual people. XD

Why would that make you want to punch something?  What difference does it make as long as we all treat each other like people, tulpas and humans alike?

Because some people don't want to live in a world where part of their identity is subject to casual erasure within most public discourse. This causes an erosive effect upon the self esteem. Plain english: It makes a person feel like crap.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I have actually seen this said in the IRC chat "Your bullshit is threatening my existence!"  

Sounds like you had a grade A drama queen on your hands there.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Guest Anonymous

@Mistgod: You make me laugh. And you make me grind my teeth. :D

You cannot resist responding to the most tangential comments I make.

It's a sign that I like you and value you that I hang on your every word.   :-)  

That's not what I said. Quote:

Do you think most of the people here are the same as most people who attempt this endeavour? Can you not imagine that I am reaching for an explanation how she has obvious evidence in my feeling emotion but most tulpamancers are so unsure about it? Did you consider I may be accounting for the large number of tulpamancers who drop out early in the process?

Hmmm, you have to remember I don't believe in an emergence moment.  So I don't discount or dismiss those that give up early and leave the forum as "not a thoughtform" or "not properly sentient."  They were tulpas, however brief their stay or the work done on them.  I think that all thoughtforms are equally legitimate and of value in the objective real world universe.  What really matters is how much the creator values the tulpa, not how real it was to everyone else.  So your measure of proper sentience stuff is lame (sorry).  LOL

What I mean is, it isn't up to you to decide who is valid and who is not. It's up the the host who created the thoughtform to decide not you.

Now, assuming I said what you think I said, statistically, you are completely correct. Do I really have to say it? A man in a town says, "Most people here aren't aware that there is a river in the valley on the other side of that mountain." Statistically, that means the speaker is probably unaware of the river himself. Do you see the problem?

We are not talking about a physical river.  We are talking about mental phenomenon that might be a delusion.  So it is possible that the man in the town is not aware that the river in his own mind is a delusion.  Some of the people have a "real" river in their head and some don't.  But no one can call out who does and who doesn't.  It's illogical.  

Did you forget my belief about what sentience means? The ability to feel emotion? Sometimes, when we try to put ourselves in the shoes of others we feel the emotions they are going through. But we are not actually feeling this emotion. This is not an example of proper sentience. Being annoyed at misinterpretations is an example of proper sentience.

Yeah and that would make Melian independently sentient in your view, which is nice.  I apparently am also sentient.  Thank you.  

Half the people here do not think Tulpas are actual people. XD

I am not sure about that.  Where do you get that idea?  

Because some people don't want to live in a world where part of their identity is subject to casual erasure within most public discourse. This causes an erosive effect upon the self esteem. Plain english: It makes a person feel like crap.

But tulpas need to be realistic and realize like 99% of the world are going to think they are imaginary friends being role played by an internet geek.  They need to learn to tough it out.

Sounds like you had a grade A drama queen on your hands there.

Yep.  I actually had someone PM me once begging me to stop with my skepticism because it was killing them.  I told them to stop reading my stuff and ignore it.  I never heard from that tulpa again so, he must not have listened poor guy.

I think I misused some words.

I think "toxic" and "caustic" were too strong for what I wanted to describe. I get your point when you say things like "welcome on the internet" etc. I sadly spent quite a lot of time on league of legends and well, yeah THAT is toxic.

I used the word "kid". I didn't mean that people lack maturity, more like they seem to lack patience and self-denial.

What I meant in this thread was to express a general feeling I have reading most discussions here. When I read posts like Tulpa's "Some points"(3rd page), my brain triggers the "defense mode", just as if I was spectating an IRL arguing. I hate those, because I think they are unproductive and, as they can lead to violence, dangerous. I truly believe people can discuss something without agreeing, but without arguing either, and end up "better" in the end. Having a strengthened opinion or another one, that doesn't matter. I think "winning", isn't a proper goal in a debate, compromise either. I agree that the truth is the proper goal of a debate, but when we talk about mind-stuff, no truth can really be established, except on terms and definitions..(hello sentience/sapience, real/physical...) So I guess people tend to focus on winning ?

I think too(@Mistgod) that the fact that people's existence and personal experience are put on the "debate table" here might explain why we get so edgy.

The actual topic here is probably my delusion. I thought this community was some hippy-cluster where everyone felt connected to each-others (like friends, @An). But realizing we are more like strangers meeting on [the] internet (@Mistgod) is what actually pains us.

Well, as it seems we are the only system bothered by this, I guess we have to get a "thicker skin" and deal with it :D I like Lucilyn's philosophy about that, and i'll try to adapt it to myself. Cora actually doesn't really care, she mainly feels the "defense mode" and it hurts her too.

Well I'm happy I started this thread, it helped me realise that I was the one with a problem :D I must leave my wonderworld and start facing human relations. I used to strongly believe harmony was possible for us humans, but I guess I was very wrong. Humans are still "social animals" and, as animals, they are violent. That makes me sad, as violence is a freaking waste of energy, knowledge, and life sometimes.

@Tulpa I didn't get what you meant by "people are stem". For me, stems are what is under the flower and between the leaves..?

It doesn't pain my system at all. Compared to other online communities we might as well be singing kumbaya.

I think your expectations are too high. Go visit 4chan or Reddit and then tell us we're a toxic community.

Or, if you're feeling REALLY masochistic, go and play League of Legends for a few months...

Reading this, I feel like I have been insulting. I didn't mean Tulpa.info was a "toxic community". Oddly enough, I feel part of it aha, and I was just thinking it had issues that needed to be fixed. Pretty much like a family having troubles deciding who should wash the dishes or whatever.

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

I think part of the reason why this forum is seen as "toxic" and mean is that it is more than a gaming forum would be.  Here literally some people feel their existence is threatened by simple words and ideas being expressed.

ha ha ha ha ohh I'd link you a video but they all hurt my ears (this is league of legends by the way)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

But can you erase a fellow player from existence in league of legends with mean, skeptical words?

no but you can feed the enemy team by running in and dying on purpose to give them money and then your whole team loses because you wanted to play on the top section of the map but someone else did first

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Than again, I tend to be one of those people who come across as aggressive, even when I'm not trying to be... like now, probably. I can see how people might think I'm attacking when all I'm doing is stating what I believe to be fact. Tone doesn't transfer online, and so when you disagree with someone, they tend to assume the worst one. Cue them responding and you doing the same to them. Best thing to do for it is to just have a thick skin and have some confidence in what you believe is true.

If that sort of discussion comes across as "toxic" to you, maybe you should try to reread the "toxic" posts in a way that gives each poster the tonal benefit of the doubt.

And that probably sounded like an accusation. Blargh. This why I don't leave the Games forum much.

Nah it didn't ! I think this is a good piece of advice. I'll try to re-read things with another angle when i feel this passive-agressive mood.

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)