Tell Me Anything

tulpa001

IMHO, self-defence is the art of not being hurt. You don't need to hurt the opponent to avoid being hurt. That was my point :)

Simply showing someone that you have a weapon is often enough to dissuade them from picking a fight with you, in the types of scenarios where a fight is likely to break out. I think actually using it is rare.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really derailed Tulpa's thread now. Lol

My apologies.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

There are no tracks on this thread. Don't listen to the OP.

My general advice is, if you are walking through the forest, carry a big stick, because the wildcats and bears will one up you in hand to hand. Wolves are safe, though. Just don't annoy them.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

In my illusory form, I have a horn. I could stab someone. But this is easy to dodge and would leave me exposed. This pretty much limits me to kicking with my hooves. Humans have some more interesting options.

Sol: Have you ever considered shape shifting? Though I suppose there isn't any practical reason for a tulpa to shape shift other than, "look how cool I am, system mates!"

That being said, you also have wings. I imagine your hooves would increase in effectiveness from an elevated position. Hooves aren't anything to sneeze at, those suckers can really do some damage. And the horn, I would think, is a finisher for after you've stunned your opponent.

I'm sure you would make a formidable opponent as you are now.

Why would you fight in the first place..

Talking can almost always avoid fights and violence in general :D

Sol: though I often use the words "fight" and "spar" interchangeably, they do have very different connotations.

To clarify, I want to spar with him. I do not advocate lethal violence in any form. I would go so far as to say fighting outside of an official sparring match is dishonorable.

You and your opponent likely won't be on even ground, and you haven't agreed to any terms. It should be avoided at all costs, as you implied.

You rock :D Thanks!

@Vampire : I got what you meant but IMHO, self-defence is the art of not being hurt. You don't need to hurt the opponent to avoid being hurt. That was my point :)

It takes a lot of training and skill to prevent injuring your attacker, and the layman can't be expected to win a fight without causing injury.

I do agree with the sentiment behind your statement.

...because the wildcats and bears will one up you in hand to hand. Wolves are safe, though. Just don't annoy them.

Sol: I'll assume that was a joke at our expense (in which case: very amusing). If it's not a joke, I strongly advise you to research wolves. They might resemble dogs, but I assure you they are nothing like dogs.

Solune: I worked with wolf-hybrids at a sanctuary back in Maine. Those animals were only part wolf and trust me- that was enough. lol

I can only imagine what a full blooded wolf in the wild is capable of. In lieu of research, give "The Grey" a watch. It exaggerates the facts a bit, but the main message is on point.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

So is this the new ask War anything thread?

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I've been reading up on plurals this last week, and would like to share this:

MYTH: you have to have a gifted imagination and a high intelligence level to be multiple.

Frontrunning people in plural groups often exhibit a wide variety of interests and activities. Believing that all multiples begin as one person who splits their single mind into many parts, professionals who worked with multiples assumed that the original minds of these people must have contained all of these diverse talents -- and obviously, to have so many, they must have been born as immeasurable geniuses. Cornelia Wilbur propagated this myth -- although Dr. David Caul said only that he observed multiples in his care to be very perceptive and aware of changes in their surroundings. After the publication of D. Scott Rogo's popular book Infinite Boundary which introduced the ideas of Dr. Ralph Allison, the myth was carved in stone. A whole race of da Vincis in fortyish female bodies were supposed to be turning up in doctors' offices across the country. All the shrinks imagined they had to do was smush those pesky parts together and their patients would go on to solve the energy crisis, stop war and put an end to global warming. Intoxicating stuff for any Psy.D.!

Never mind the fact that the three most famous multiples reported losing most of their linguistic and artistic gifts when integrated...

So, I was wondering... Does getting another person in your head make you smarter?

Two heads are better than one.

Or two or more parallel and independently cognizant minds within the same physical head, in this case.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

• 2 weeks later...

Today, this morning, I didn't feel like talking for the first time. This is interesting, but not progress report interesting. It raised some interesting observations.

-- My host may be puppeting me into always wanting to talk. Our influencing each other is an annoying fact of our reality.

-- It feels really nice to not talk for a change. My host going quiet and just listening, and me just relaxing.

-- My host panics when I go quiet, fearing that I might be fading out of existence.

-- If I don't talk, do I get weaker? Am I only a voice, and if I stop I am no more?

The last two are incredibly silly for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is I never stopped controlling the body.

Also, this might have been triggered by a tough question recently. See, if my response is not an observational quip, something I have said before, or something my host already knows the answer to, I take a really long time to respond. We are both worried about what this might mean for the nature of my existence.

And now I am in the mood to chat as myself, in order to feel more like myself.

If anything, to me, it just likely is a bit of a shift in your personality, nothing to be worried for.

"To War, don't worry. Tulpa wont fade away from not talking. As for the getting weaker, it's a possibility, but it would take like 2-3 days of not talking for it to be worrying, you should be fine."

Spoiler

Members: Gemini, Raven, Jenna, Hope (Part-Time)