There doesn't seem to be many people here...

CautiousMancer

Guest Anonymous

Okay that's enough! Mistgod is done here. He got to lay it down, now we are done. Let Peace return to Tulpa Town once again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.  Tulpa Info has long been influenced by the greater plurality community and many founding principles of tulpamancy practice and belief were taken directly from that community.

Actually... I find it to be awesome and incredibly nice that we have gotten members from, and have been very influenced by the greater plurality community. Specifically, the DID community. Do you KNOW what those poor people have gone through? About 98% of time, DID is inflicted by TERRIBLE abuse. Some people are born with it too but it's very rare. I know a good friend as well who has it, although according to him, he was born with it. Sometimes I wonder though if the poor guy isn't lying because he also has severe depression... :( I'm trying to help him through it though.

Anyway. I may be biased but I most firmly believe if the DID community has actively chosen to come to our community they should not only be accepted but deeply embraced for many reasons.

Guest Anonymous

Well I am not so sure about the influence of DID. Mistgod was talking more about the general plurality community (healthy or natural multimples).  :-)  DID would be a outside the scope or box or whatever of healthy plurality and mentally constructed thoughtforms, as it is a mental disorder.  However, I don't see why we would turn away someone just because they report that they suffer from DID or schizophrenia or something like that.

Guest Anonymous

However, it also appears tulpa.info is being co-opted by other communities, specifically those involving mental disorders (the multiplicity/D.I.D. camps, Tumblr head-mates, et cetera) and even otherkin and soulbond groups. 

Actually, that is another point I didn't make.  In a year and a half on Tulpa Info, and reading through the old posts and threads, I have yet to come across a single person claiming to have Dissociative Identity Disorder.  Lumping D.I.D. and natural healthy plurality together is misleading.  The two are not the same thing.  I haven't met many claiming to be otherkin either.  I mostly encounter soulbonds and tulpas and natural multiples.

I really cannot fathom how someone could accept tulpas as plausible and healthy, but dismiss natural plurality as akin to a mental disorder.

Guest Anonymous

There are so many things wrong with KarlYoshimura's question and the assumptions implicit within it.

I wish we'd stop assuming the worst of each other. No wonder you see so much "wrong" in his words when you interpret them in the most negative way possible.

Lumping D.I.D. and natural healthy plurality together is misleading.  The two are not the same thing.

This is very true. DID is much more drastic and permanent than any tulpa or healthy thoughtform since the whole mind almost literally breaks in shards to deal with the trauma.

Guest Anonymous

I wish we'd stop assuming the worst of each other. No wonder you see so much "wrong" in his words when you interpret them in the most negative way possible.

I think I got his intent spot on.

@CautiousMancer:

to my knowledge, Pleeb, tulpa.info's founder, had emigrated over from a lucid dreaming forum. Aside from members of D.I.D. communities visiting out of curiosity or deciding to conflate their alters with tulpas (if not try to create a tulpa themselves), I'm not sure how such integration would take place, or if it would graft to begin with. While they may function similarly, tulpas and alters stemming from D.I.D. are creatures of different stripes (yet I don't see how they can't work together in given collectives or situations).

@An:

thank you kindly for appealing to a softer interpretation of my words. Yet if a middle-aged user wishes to belly-ache incessantly over any one thing he disagrees with, that is his prerogative. I think it's more productive to note the irony steeped in this thread before further discussing the matter at hand.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Guest Anonymous

While they may function similarly, tulpas and alters stemming from D.I.D. are creatures of different stripes (yet I don't see how they can't work together in given collectives or situations).

Didn't anyone read my point about no one on this forum (as far as I know) reporting being D.I.D. and that natural multiples are not D.I.D.?  

Also, you need to talk to FallFamily (and other multiples with tulpas) so they can set you straight on how tulpas as part of a multiple system work just fine together, oh and how they work just fine on this forum. 

@An:

thank you kindly for appealing to a softer interpretation of my words. Yet if a middle-aged user wishes to belly-ache incessantly over any one thing he disagrees with, that is his prerogative. I think it's more productive to note the irony steeped in this thread before further discussing the matter at hand.

Yeah but you can't soften inane false assumptions and intolerance based on ignorance Karl.  I am sorry.  

I am not middle aged anymore, I am a seasoned and wisened old fart.