There doesn't seem to be many people here...

CautiousMancer

Guest Anonymous

Okay second time is a charm.  Mistgod is finished with this thread.  No matter what anyone writes on it from here on.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that I've not seen any regular members claim to have DID, I have seen a couple who definitely had it that showed up for a short time. Not gonna lie, one particular time the person was so far gone in their imagination not a single person replied to them. I personally couldn't handle dealing with people like that back then, and now I still prefer to let others do so.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

one particular time the person was so far gone in their imagination not a single person replied to them.

You mean, the person didn't THINK anyone replied to them when they did or that no one actually bothered to reply to them? And was this person a tulpamancer or someone with DID?

I mean they told a huge story(s) of all this drama that happened in their mind, "tulpas" holding other "tulpas" captive and tons of other crazy stuff. No one had any idea what to say, so no one said anything. On second thought they were probably schizophrenic.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Can people with DID/MPD usually communicate directly with their alternate personalities? I've really never heard of this. I don't think the phenomena is related to tulpamancy. Plurality as a whole, perhaps. We've read some accounts of multiple personality disorder (meaning they were pretty old I guess) and it seems like a stretch to compare. It's like if tulpas and hosts switched randomly or with triggers, without the tulpas otherwise existing. Well, that puts them directly outside the definition of a tulpa, anyways. I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject, but I don't recall ever seeing someone with symptoms of DID on the forum, whether directly or by their word.

The person Lumi was thinking of was definitely suffering from some sort of psychosis. Schizophrenia may be assuming too much, but they had a strong loss of contact with reality and absolutely could not distinguish real from imagination. They knew everything was happening in their mind, but they took their experiences as deeply meaningful and outside of their control.

I'm telling you this because I haven't a clue how to find their posts again. But it's probably for the best that they aren't used as an 'example'.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

From what I hear, communicating directly with other personalities in traumagenic multiplicity is usually a life goal, but I have heard tell of the occasional person with a traumagenic "mentor" that acts far more like a soulbond in general. But yes, losing contact with reality would be a form of psychosis. Dissociation, means "losing contact with reality" as well, but in a different way. Memory loss or out of body experiences or such.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I don't think we can blame certain types of people showing up for how quiet it is around here sometimes.

course im newer myself so maybe i'm biased in thinking that, hey-o

I just think that after the initial boom, there wasn't enough outside interest for the people who made their tulpas and bounced to be replaced over time. I think there was another thread about how there's not too much incentive to kick around after you've gotten your tulpa past a certain point. Unless you really dig debating, or shitposting, or genuinely like kicking it around a smaller forum, you're probably just gonna leave after you don't need to be here anymore.

Also, think about how many people try to start tulpas and then leave forever sometime before their progress is actually finished (whatever that means)

I dunno, tulpa generals are apparently in 4chans /trash/ board these days, and it's basically a swear word in other boards from what I've seen. Not having a ton of people around is fine by me though

We're all gonna make it brah.

Guest Anonymous

I think, no matter what, there will always be a group of steadfast persons keeping this forum alive. Mistgod and I plan to never leave. NO really, we can't even when we try to. We are emotionally attached to this forum by lines of mental adamantine.

To us it is the same Tulpa Info as it always was, only more evolved and adapted. The cry of the old school members that it is changed forever is like futile crying over spilled milk. It's like the old hippie rockers comparing new concerts to Woodstock. There will never be another Woodstock, like the first, and there will never be another first two years of Tulpa Info.

What we need to do is keep the small community going, just as it is. I like that it is more cosmopolitan and I like the merging (or at least cooperation and communication) with general plurality communities. Mistgod and I think it broadens the scope and experience base and effectiveness of Tulpa Info. When someone comes in wondering what is going on in their mind, we can help them a little better with some more options instead of just "it's a tulpa or just an imaginary friend." It could be any number of situations involving thoughtforms and plurality.

Mistgod and I are fond of saying "When it comes to constructs of the mind, the only limits are the limits of imagination, cognition and memory." Within those boundaries are a lot of possibilities. The capacity and potential of the human mind is astounding.

It's a new Tulpa Info, smaller but maybe more fit and effective in many ways. We have a huge database of anecdotal evidence now and have explored just about every angle to tulpamancy imaginable in discussion and debate and thought experiments.

Mistgod and I think that Tulpa Info is getting better and better and our real legacy is ahead not behind.

Just some general forum advice:

Every starting forum needs a core of good users. I had to learn this the very hard way one time. A beginning site just simply cannot afford to have a bad core or any very troublesome regulars. Beyond that, your guys' biggest challenge will most likely be marketing. Again though, it's weird because you have secured your place in the top 3 google results for tulpas in general. And that (should) mean a steady flow of new people.