Visualization or Obsession?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So I recently wanted to integrate my tulpa more into my life. Most of my electronics have Vinyl as the wallpaper, and I've printed off pictures of her that I trace:

https://imgur.com/a/wD9JN#0

The first few pictures.

I've also considered making a stuffy/plush version of her for me to sleep alongside, like this., and I like to visualize her throughout the day.

I just have to ask, is this obsession?

EDIT: And tulpatalk said that my throughout-the-day visualization could lead to a servitor. Is this possible?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Servitors can be turned into tulpae, it's just more difficult.

Just force everyday and narrate all the time and you'll be fine, there's no need to obsess that much by adding wallpapers and printing out FAQs.

Yeah, yeah that looks a little bit like obsession. But it's just an innocent phase so whatever. I wouldn't call it visualization so much as that consists of mentally shaping and evaluating a figure, whereas you just have a lot of pictures everywhere. And while pictures do help, the real core of it is to actually shape that figure in your mind to the point of it being real to you.

This hot empty painting should be locked and towed.

It was just a joke stemming from how it sounded like fake imposition. The reason I said it would be dangerous to make a Vinyl tulpa is because of the rate of obsession you have. I'm mainly concerned about this by the way you react about it. Something about your tone points to an obsession that will end in a crash. Just a warning that will likely go unnoticed.

innocent phase

I reccomend seriously detatching yourself from vinyl. Several wallpapers and papers on walls surrounding you reinforcing this obsession is unhealthy. You don't need to completely immerse yourself in the character for this to work. In fact, your tulpa might have identity issues because of your current perpetual contact with what little there is of the established character. Cut it back a bit and you'll be fine.

[Note: opinions]

Actually, let's not talk about specifically this. Why do you draw your tulpa? Don't you think you should focus on the personality, not it's form? And how would drawing even halp the visualisation?

[Note: Opinions]

And how would drawing even halp the visualisation?

Speaking as an ~ARTEEST~, sometimes drawing things helps give me a better idea of how they're put together. And since I'm making a fictional animal with no real life equivalent, it helps me with seeing how it would move.

I feel that my experience drawing (and fiddling with 3d modelling) has helped me with visualization in general. For example, it's a lot easier to take note of how [tulpa]'s hand should look when you've drawn hundreds of hands and you know how exactly a thumb's supposed to go on and you don't need to keep double checking your own hands to see what bones are visible from under the skin.

But yes personality is important, I have a hard time talking to and focusing on something without a form, but that doesn't mean it's more important than personality. I have roughly a dozen(so far) pages that are filled with just personality. I have a lot of drawings too, but they're small doodles and didn't take nearly as much time and effort as the personality stuff.

Guest Anonymous

Actually, let's not talk about specifically this. Why do you draw your tulpa? Don't you think you should focus on the personality, not it's form? And how would drawing even halp the visualisation?

Well, for one, it allows me to understand what goes where. I've figured out how the hair goes (since hasbro has only put her like this from what I've seen). And the nose is a bit of an issue. I think I have it down though.

It would help by forcing me to imagine how it would work on real life. Tracing isn't really going to help with that, but getting to know the angles helps with me being able impose her on real life.

But if there's one thing I should do: MUTHA FUGGING FOCUS ON PERSONALITY! I already posted the imgur album which contains part of my book, and most of my personality related stuff. I have about 15 traits, all of which don't have the morality, social circles (although I've excluded it), emotions, faith and likes & dislikes. I've only done about half of the traits so far.

I'm going to print off a guide related to morality soon, or at least the wiki definition. I try to live a life with out religion, so I'll centre that question around that. I have yet to finish the likes, dislikes, hobbies and topics of interest. I really should do the emotion related part.

I might have to scrap Vinyl at some point because of my lack of focus on her (but I hope that I will have enough time to do some serious work on her over the summer) and because of small up fucks in the proccess, but I don't think it'l come to that.

As for having a bit too much of her in my life, it could lead to problems, but I doubt it. I'm going to like my tulpa as play doh.

• I've done the colour of her (visuals)
  • (I'm working on the composition (personality)
  • But when she's done she'll fit right into the mold! (of what I think Vinyl is)

As a bit of a side note unrelated to the topic at hand, when I was younger, I really liked these two characters in Yu Gay Ho. I imagined them, made beds for them, and sort of created parrots out of them. I don't know how it stopped, but that was my first sort of experience with a tulpa.

I try to live a life with out religion

Why? The use of the word "try" and the tone suggest it's something you have to 'bat' away or something. Could be wrong here, though. Also, two things. One, you said that you might have to scrap Vinyl, which is opposite what you have said in the past, and may seed doubt in the process. (Also using that as your tulpa's name this early seems a bit off to me, but eeh). Two, what happened to the yugioh characters, or rather your 'involvement' with them.

[Note: Opinions]