Jump to content

Committing suicide whilst having a Tulpa?


Recommended Posts

Guest Anonymous

It's interesting how often this sort of topic comes up on the forum concerning suicide or egocide. Or am I just having a false perception that it comes up a lot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just don't suicide ! :D

I will never be willing to be mean. Please tell me if I was, or if my English was wrong.

I always want to learn, and understand more things !

 

Floh is my "host"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous

Mall shootings when you are frustrated or angry about your life are also a bad choice and often leads to suicide by cop anyway. But its just not classy really to take out innocents when you decide to go out with a bang. I think maybe suicide while having a system of established tulpas is almost a mall mass shooting or family murder suicide in nature. Yep. It isn't just killing yourself when you have thoughtforms IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought, but the main thought that keeps me from trying out Tulpamancy.

 

If suicide is an option you want to keep open, you have no business having a child.

Take it from somebody who made that mistake and fought hard to fix it.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, if you live in the U.S., and you're going through the sludge pit that is depression or any of its related tar pools, I'd really like you to keep this site open in your browser: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/GetHelp/LifelineChat.aspx

 

If you don't live in the U.S., there is almost certainly something similar you could find, or I could find for you if you let me know what country you're in, to replace this.

 

You don't have to use it or anything, but having it around when you get bad could help some. It did me, at least. Please consider humoring me.

 

Moving on to the actual question, the general consensus is going to be somewhere between "the tulpa will disapprove" and "you'll be murdering the tulpa." Personally, I don't see tulpas as truly sentient. To me they're just unconscious approximations of sentience, and because of that they're just me in some derivative or reduced way (I'd rather use words that don't have negative connotations, but I can't think of any at the moment). So, for my group, the tulpas would respond with encouragement along the lines of "we can work through this together, you don't need to kill yourself," however if I did commit suicide, I wouldn't see it as a murder, and some of them (the ones that agree with my views on tulpas) would agree.

 

That being said. I don't think you should make a tulpa if you're dealing with depression. It's easily the most difficult thing I've ever had to handle, and I think your focus should be doing everything you can to fuck that depression up nice and hard. If you ever need to talk, feel free to pm me, and please keep that url in your browser.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is pretty much nothing practical that is easier to do with a tulpa than without, due to the time and energy investment. And dealing with depression is one of them. But if you do have tulpas, they really help. They are smart and wise and loving. Portable support of the second highest quality.

 

So this is a moot question. It is way harder to commit suicide when you have tulpas. They'll get in the way.

 

And the powerful ones will just push you out of the way and take over your life.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is pretty much nothing practical that is easier to do with a tulpa than without, due to the time and energy investment. And dealing with depression is one of them. But if you do have tulpas, they really help. They are smart and wise and loving. Portable support of the second highest quality.

 

So this is a moot question. It is way harder to commit suicide when you have tulpas. They'll get in the way.

 

And the powerful ones will just push you out of the way and take over your life.

 

While tulpas can provide support, there is always the lingering regret that comes with subjecting someone to my own mental illness. I'm speaking personally because it's all I really have w/r/t the topic. It also might just be the antinatalist in me speaking, but bringing something into the world is already questionable, and living with someone who has serious and potentially life-consuming issues is a fairly shitty thing to do. I created my first tulpa in an attempt to give myself a reason not to kill myself, and I ended up attempting a few months after, and then multiple times a year or so later. She supported me more than anyone in my life, but when you're discussing something that can fuck you up hardcore, support is not always enough. If a person can convince themselves that being dead is better than being alive, then they can convince themselves that the person supporting them is doing so out of pity or out of selfish reasons purely to preserve their own life, w/r/t tulpas. Better not to subject a person to that sort of self-analysis.

 

Basically, if someone is depressed, a tulpa is not a guarantee to help, and creating one introduces a very real possibility of liability to the system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a personal decision. As always it should probably be up to whether they feel like they can handle creating a tulpa in the first place. But if they can, the results can be life changing, and often are. "Failures" included, whatever that means, the positive/negative effect on people who are suffering from depression's lives is well on the positive side on average.

 

But even a 75% chance to win $10 or 25% chance to lose $5, being statistically a good bet to take, is up to the individual to decide on. Losing that $5 could just be too much risk.. Metaphorically speaking. If someone thinks making a tulpa will only make things worse, maybe they shouldn't. But if they think otherwise, I would recommend it.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course, I don't want to die, and even if I did I wouldn't have my host die with me. And even if my host was suicidal I wouldn't want her to go through with it. If I wanted her to kill herself that would just make me a horrible person, and I love her.>

 

Sorry for replying a somewhat old(?) thread, but he just kinda started talking :'D

CM - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system

Desmond - 21st April 2014

L - 5th May 2014

Nevira - 14th December 2014

Misa - 5th December 2015

Roska - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - 13th July 2020

Progress report  Art thread  Our lounge thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...