MTV's 'Tulpamancy' - Owning It (Episode 1)

waffles

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I hope people don't swoop in to be overly critical of this right off the bat, like with the last vid/documentary Sam and KT did.  Everyone wants tulpas to be accepted and better known, but then complain when someone brave and enthusiastic steps up to make it happen.

The person involved posted the link on the sub and felt like it was a twisting of her words and complete misrepresentation. 

Even if it wasn't, fuck. Anytime tulpa shit is dealt with by media it makes us all look awful.

We're all gonna make it brah.

Guest Anonymous

I admit they do keep focusing on the mental health aspects of the host and trying to make a link between the state of mental health and the tulpa. It's true that some of us get help from the tulpa in coping with emotional things, but that is misrepresenting what tulpas are all about. Also, they didn't give enough background information, or left it out, so it made KT look like pretty much nothing but an imaginary friend. None of that is Sam and KT's fault so I was hoping people would not be critical of them for doing these videos and interviews. They have little control over how the final editing of the story is done. That's mainly what I meant by "swooping in" and being overly critical.

If it brings more people to tulpamancy, then awesome!

Comment I left on the video:

None of the information was necessarily bad here. Just, you know. I've yet to see an interview with a completely normal person who has a tulpa. Maybe they're not the majority, but they definitely exist. You don't have to have mental or social issues to have a tulpa. Their creation could be as simple as imagining a character you like from a novel, and knowing them well enough you know pretty much how they would respond to what you say. Imagine them doing just that, do it enough to the point where it becomes automatic, and you've basically got a tulpa.

"Switching" (changing who's "fronting") is considered an advanced skill. Most tulpas cannot switch. But nobody lets that stop them from interviewing someone willing to switch on video.. Sigh. It's not that hard to just tell them what your tulpa is saying in-mind, and it keeps the crazy level a little lower you know?

None of the information was bad. But what's almost more important is how they portray tulpamancers. That "information" just gets put under the "Some people are this type of crazy" category in their minds.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I suppose that is a fair reaction. I think Same and KT are very sincere and that comes across. I don't think they look crazy, they look enthusiastic.

It's nothing about looks. It's about coming right out and saying "My imaginary friend can take control of my body" and literally switching then and there. We aren't worried about how tulpamancers see the video. We're worried about how everyone else, who the video is aimed towards, will see the video. And it's not hard to put yourself in their position.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas