MTV's 'Tulpamancy' - Owning It (Episode 1)

waffles

Guest Anonymous

I am kinda torn on that. I think we shouldn't hide any aspect of tulpamancy and we should be bold in the telling. But I get what you are saying about the reaction of the average person.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This a video made for MTV? I haven't seen the video yet, but I can tell you now, they are not going to portray the phenomenon well. MTV is sensationalist. They also don't care about accuracy, just aesthetics. Sensationalism and tulpamancy don't mix. There is no way the projected image is going to be decent.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

MTV is also very popular so a lot of people will see it and maybe come to the forums to find out the truth of it (or troll). But I think the extra publicity is a good thing overall instead of a bad thing. We can educate those who get here with an open mind and lots of curiosity.

The people who watch MTV don't strike me as the types to go raid a place on the internet they saw mentioned somewhere. On the other hand, if a Youtuber references that video, our member count's gonna increase by the dang number of viewers they have.

Anyways, it's not "hiding". Think back to all of the threads on telling people about tulpamancy. Even for those who choose to do so, you do not start with "My imaginary friend controls my body sometimes". First impressions are everything. They determine how the person will perceive all the information afterward. Having one of your close friends tell you they have tulpas versus watching that video would completely change how you first started thinking about tulpas. And while that first impression can change once you actually look into it, the large majority of people are not going to look into it.

And as we see all too often, the large majority are who decide fact or false, right and wrong, what's socially acceptable. The people with the worst possible sources of information that also do no research are the ones that are going to most readily spread that information as inferred "research". Not saying that's going to happen here, but I'm just talking about how the system of ignorance information among the masses works. It's definitely not firsthand research.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Guest Anonymous

Are Melian and I the only people who see these little videos as a positive thing for tulpamancy? Maybe it is because we don't care about the community's reputation or the reputation of tulpamancers in general and that we don't mind being regarded as weirdos ourselves. Well, it's not that we don't care, but we don't lose a lot of sleep over it either. I would rather tulpamancy was well known and regarded as a troop of misfit wackos then not known at all and dying a death of total obscurity and non-interest.

This is a colorful disaster. Any "outsider" watching this will 100% stigmatise every single one of us.

The world is sadly not ready for that many shortcuts.

It was indeed pretty hard to watch..

Poor Sam and KT, they want to spread the word but they have been used...

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)