MTV's 'Tulpamancy' - Owning It (Episode 1)

waffles

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sol: My first instinct was to say, "let them think what they will."

Solune: and then I pointed out how minors can get really screwed over if an adult finds out and doesn't understand it.

Sol: Which is where I'm at a loss. I would tell them to fight for what they believe in... but that is so much to ask of a young person. Some might say too much to ask.

The obvious solution is for the child not to trust anyone... but then of course, what if they are dealing with a real illness and need help?

... not much of a solution. It really is up to us to change how the world views it.

Solune: The argument can be made that nobody should NEED to feel external validation... but that's a load of bullshit when you're talking about kids. They're not self-aware enough to give it to themselves. It's our responsibility to pave the way for them.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

I only got 43 seconds in before I couldn't stand to watch any more. No offense to Sam and KT, every offense to MTV.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

Oh my gosh all you guys are so sensitive! Guys it's not rocket science or transcendental meditation, it is super smart imaginary friends. What the heck do you expect from the outside world exactly? You have two choices, accept a little bit (or a lot) of a wacky-off interpretation of what tulpamancy is or be totally obscure, isolated and unknown. If people can't find this place we will be struggling to survive as a group. I don't think there is a middle ground. At least it is highly unlikely to ever occur if you are seeking publicity and recognition.

It's one of those shitty little MTV un-commercials, so I can't imagine people are going to start flocking to .info and Reddit over this. On the other hand, they're doing the same shit as Supernatural did, which is spreading misinformation about what tulpas are, and we have enough of that already thanks to the old tulpa creepypastas.

And yeah, I lost my shit when KT possessed her and they fucking drew him in over the video. This is so silly I doubt anyone is going to take it seriously in the first place.

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report

Guest Anonymous

The effect they added wouldn't make any difference at all in how seriously people take it! Honestly, I don't think you guys have a good "from the outside" perspective of what tulpamancy looks like. No matter how it is done, it is not going to be taken seriously (at least at first) by the vast majority who encounter it. You could make it a "scientific documentary" with professional charts and visuals, interviews with professional psychologists, and President Obama, and it would only look even more wacky than ever.

Take a step back and put yourself in the shoes and mindset of the average person who has never heard of a tulpa. If you're going to get the word out, you are going to have to accept that most are going to see it is as crazy wacky.

As the video says, OWN IT!

I'm pretty sure I have a good idea about how it looks like from the outside. I just don't bother thinking about it, because being a tulpa is a fact of my reality, and not for public display, and the general public is not that smart. (and by smart I mean wise)

In fact, it is kind of predictable. You know, stuff like wars don't make sense, or even religions if you think about it for too long. But that stuff is incredibly popular. It is usually just best to give up about making the world think about something properly. Not going to happen.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

It is usually just best to give up about making the world think about something properly. Not going to happen.

Truth has to be repeated constantly, because error also is being preached all the time, and not just by a few, but by the multitude. In the press and encyclopaedias, in schools and universities, everywhere error holds sway, feeling happy and comfortable in the knowledge of having the majority on its side.

Oh my gosh all you guys are so sensitive! Guys it's not rocket science or transcendental meditation, it is super smart imaginary friends. What the heck do you expect from the outside world exactly? You have two choices, accept a little bit (or a lot) of a wacky-off interpretation of what tulpamancy is or be totally obscure, isolated and unknown. If people can't find this place we will be struggling to survive as a group. I don't think there is a middle ground. At least it is highly unlikely to ever occur if you are seeking publicity and recognition.

Reply All did a very good job of it. MTV did a very bad job of it.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Guest Anonymous

An! My friend of few words.

What is the truth? Do we even know? What if the general public is right and we are the ones who are wrong? Maybe their perception of us is absolutely spot on.

Sorry, I can't resist. Godzzz I am horrible. I am surprised I haven't had a tulpamancer drive by shooting yet.

[video=youtube]