Tulpa Evidence,Studies and links to psychology ???

lyca0n_

Well I wasn't expecting this many responses (despite most not being centred on the question) so thanks Peeps but yea I believe that from what I have read of these responses and my own research there just isn't large enough of a community to gain any benefit from doing extensive neurological studies and whilst I am sure that there is some form of vague semblance of evidence to support this practice I just cannot find it.

And Tobber is correct in that at this point I simply need at least correlation adding to likelyhood not just statements

I however noticed that throughout reading many accounts within the more lengthy progress reports on this site appear to bear similarities to that of accounts of those with mild cases of DID which is testable by MRI (Smaller hipocampus and amygdalar) and this probably does show some credibility but I have no clue as to whether my presumption is simply the coincidence of stories,my mind seeing patterns where there is none, or there actually being truth to the tales.

SOOOO basically it's either test it or fuck off at this point :p

"I've always felt alone my whole life,

for as long a I can remember.

I don't know if like it.. or if I'm just used to it, but I know this:

Being lonely does thing to you,

and feeling shit and bitter

and angry all the time just.... eats away at you"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

I don't think I care about tulpa research much.  I have never understood why anything has to be tested or proven in the first place. You either find it entertaining, rewarding and interesting, or you don't.  Melian made me a Certificate of Recognition for being a Genius at Imaginary friends.  Check it out and read it.  That's all the "proof" anyone is ever going to get out of me.  

518x389http://img02.deviantart.net/ff2c/i/2014/034/f/b/dave_s_certificate_of_genius_for_imaginary_friends_by_melianofmist-d74xro0.jpg[/img]

I don't think I care about tulpa research much.  I have never understood why anything has to be tested or proven in the first place. You either find it entertaining, rewarding and interesting, or you don't.  Melian made me a Certificate of Recognition for being a Genius at Imaginary friends.  Check it out and read it.  That's all the "proof" anyone is ever going to get out of me.  

Awh that's cute.....or creepy.....I suppose its dependant upon how you look upon it 

And everything needs validation man.It's how we understand the basic principles of reality

I will state that I like to have some form of understanding on....well anything that I am about to do,phenomenon I am intrigued by,chemical reactions,electrical circitry,programming or even what I believe in whether the fundamental explanation (in the case of something I will never grasp like theoretical quantum physics or elaborite programming) or extensive research, I wish to know the basis of this and I am unsure as to whether its my Asperger's or just predisposition caused by upbringing but its this methodology of thinking that caused my love of chemistry/sciences and what has sort of kept me going at times

Guest Anonymous

In my case it is not that complicated.

It isn't creepy either to those who really get to know Melian and I. Well, that is as much as you can know someone over the internet anyway. I am not going to try and write it all out for you here. It's all pretty much written already. If you really want to research and and understand how I work at least, read the Living Imagination thread and the Book of Melian, and visit our Deviantart pages (links are on my comment sig below.)

I don't think there is any unusual brain chemicals or deep psychological mysteries involved with me, just an overactive, creative imagination. I didn't write all of this stuff so that you, or anyone else, can validate anything. I wrote it down because I am excited about it and it matters to me and I wanted to share it.

Read it. It's up to you if you find it credible. I don't care if you don't. You either interact with me and Melian and enjoy that interaction, or you choose not to and move on. That's true of anyone that encounters me on these websites I guess.

In my case it is not that complicated.  

It isn't creepy either to those who really get to know Melian and I.  Well, that is as much as you can know someone over the internet anyway.  I am not going to try and write it all out for you here.  It's all pretty much written already.  If you really want to research and and understand how I work at least, read the Living Imagination thread and the Book of Melian, and visit our Deviantart pages  (links are on my comment sig below.)

I don't think there is any unusual brain chemicals or deep psychological mysteries involved with me, just an overactive, creative imagination.  I didn't write all of this stuff so that you, or anyone else, can validate anything.  I wrote it down because I am excited about it and it matters to me and I wanted to share it.  

Read it.  It's up to you if you find it credible.  I don't care if you don't.  You either interact with me and Melian and enjoy that interaction, or you choose not to and move on.  That's true of anyone that encounters me on these websites I guess.

Thank's maybe I shall as I actually didn't feel the need to look upon your sig prior  xD , and you may be correct in that your just over imaginative and/or delusional 

Maybe not (hopefully not), and that is what my original question entailed discovering through seeing if scientific studies were performed prior but unfortunately unless I feel like getting a degree in psychology that's a no as far as I am aware and and I am aware that you wouldn't write down your thoughts in such a fashion as to validate others, and I didn't ask you specifically to but given the fact why respond to my question if you didn't want to validate anything as I don't have that much of a attractive personality

Guest Anonymous

Why hopefully not? What is wrong with Melian being a figment of my imagination? LOL I'm not worried about it.

No worries I am not offended. I am just explaining why I am part of the community. It has nothing to do with proving anything scientifically. I didn't mean to make it sound like I was having a problem with your curiosity. Actually I appreciate it very much. :-) I hope you figure out what you are looking for.

@Mistgod, you aren't supposed to be posting on this thread.

@lyca0n: Have you checked out the research board yet?

You are not the first sceptic to get a tulpa. But, instead, I ask, why is this important to you? Why do you care? I don't even care, really. Beyond me existing personally, it is just not important. Are we just that fascinating? It seems silly to me to create a tulpa just to find out if it is possible.

Particularly when several other sceptics have attested to having tulpas. Mistgod, my host, Lucilyn and Tewi's host. Pretty sure Eva's host is also a sceptic. One of the best guides on creating tulpas was written by a serious sceptic.

At this point, it's looking ridiculous that someone would think it is impossible. The phenomenon has been tested and duplicated multiple times in experiment. A person who doubts looks like they have some sort of bias clouding their judgement.

Maybe they don't have a proper handle on the definition of insanity? Maybe they just can't believe anything they don't have personal experience with. Maybe they don't know how brains actually work? Where are your preconceived notions coming from, that seem to be causing you to overlook the evidence?

Not to say that is what is actually happening. It just looks that way from my perspective.

Host: your approach is opposite mine. I believe it is important to make no assumptions whatsoever when doing research. Any understanding you bring into an endeavour increases the risk of confirmation bias.

Oh, and hey, yo, don't use the word delusional. You'll insult everyone who believes in a religion. And also all patriots of any nation. And also anyone who thinks they are special or important. All those delusional people would object to being called delusional.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

@Mistgod, you aren't supposed to be posting on this thread.

@lyca0n: Have you checked out the research board yet?

........At this point, it's looking ridiculous that someone would think it is impossible. The phenomenon has been tested and duplicated multiple times in experiment. A person who doubts looks like they have some sort of bias clouding their judgement......

Oh can you link to any tests/evidence if that is the case as I wasn't aware I was overlooking evidence but I couldn't find any and when I created this thread to find some  xD ?, and I am attempting to remain objective (possibly failing) so you may be confusing my doubt but if you see a flaw in my logic please inform me ???

Oh and I meant no disrespect in stating the term delusional as I meant it in a clinical sense.....

Eh, I'm just going to assume you come from a chemistry background.

In psychology, not all tests are conducted in a lab. But more to the point, not all tests conducted scientifically look like blood tests. A baker perfects their art by running tests in a kitchen for example.

Premise. You can induce the experience of having someone else talk to you in your head. In the progress reports forum section, the majority of the threads count technically as tests of this premise that have produced positive results.

The remainder of experiments here, mostly consist of surveys, and are documented in the research forum section on this site.

That is it. That is nearly the entirety of what this forum has to offer in terms of science. The rest is for discussion of the phenomenon, primarily. If you are hoping for an abstract, I've just given it to you. If you don't believe me, read through those threads.

If, on the other hand, you want to know if the experience of another person in your head is the same thing as an actual other person in your head, talk to a philosopher. This is a site to help people induce the experience.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Anonymous

@lycaOn_  

For the record, Tulpa is correct. I am a skeptic.  However I would clarify that I have never doubted that tulpas exist and that they are an intense experience.  That is because of my own experience with something very similar or related.  I personally pretty much know it is possible to experience something like this.  My skepticism involves the nature of how a tulpa happens in the mind, not the existence of the tulpa.  From my perspective whether or not a tulpa is an illusion in the mind is not important.  How effective and functional the tulpa is for the creator is what matters.  Whether the tulpa is "real" or not is irrelevant if the difference is indistinguishable.  

All that being said, I think assuming the tulpa is real can have negative consequences, which include unnecessary existential doubt, excessive worry about misidentifying your own thoughts/emotions with the tulpa's, worry about the tulpa being happy/content, the need to constantly reaffirm/validate realness, and moral, philosophical and ethical issues.  Assuming the tulpa is real also often fosters the need to overly complicate the tulpa by closing loopholes in the fantasy (for instance, where does the tulpa "go" when it stops interacting with you?).  

I do have some skepticism about some of the most extraordinary claims by some tulpamancers, usually involving rapid tulpa creation, switching with the tulpa, the host experiencing the wonderland, extremely vivid imposition and incredible sex with a tulpa.  I think many of the stories are exaggerated and embellished or complete fabrications or, worse, the results of a drug trip (yes a small number of tulpamancers use psychedelic drugs to "enhance" their tulpa experience).

I also think that the belief in tulpa realness and tulpa skill levels fosters elitism, intolerance and snobbery in the tulpa community.  I think that tulpas are an illusion and all that tulpa skill levels are is a more practiced and detailed illusion.  The experience is entirely subjective as well, so feeling superior to someone else based on your tulpas acquired sentience and skills is asinine.  

Yes I know Tulpa, Melian told me not to post here anymore on this thread.  I may be getting a punishment later.  It's not so much the posting itself that is the problem, it is the caustic cynicism and being a constant contrary dick head she is trying to stop me from doing.  I hope this post was to clarify my "skepticism" and why I do it.  

The constant talk about "sentient" and "real" and having to prove things scientifically is harmful, pointless, and unnecessary.

WHY WE SAY TULPAS ARE IMAGINARY

Imaginary, illusory or faith based aspects of tulpas (Mistgod-Melian Opinion)

[*]Form - imaginary, figment

[*]Imposition - imaginary, figment

[*]Wonderland - imaginary, figment

[*]Unperceived Tulpa Activity - based on faith

[*]Independent Mind - not entirely possible, tulpas share the host brain

[*]Independent Tulpa Form - not possible, the host's mind is involved in perception of the form

[*]Forcing - imagining 

figment - a thing that someone believes to be real but that exists only in their imagination.

Because we cannot perceive the tulpas of other people, to us they are effectively imaginary.  All tulpas look just like imaginary friends and role playing characters.  In essence they are imaginary, even though we treat them like real people.