Tulpa Evidence,Studies and links to psychology ???

lyca0n_

.......Imagine a tulpa being transferred (in the theoretical future) into a newborn. If the tulpa only had memories since "birth" or whenever the human memory kicks in, if they were in complete control from day 1 I believe there would be no way to differentiate them from a normal person. If they didn't have a chance to create a form for themselves they would assume the physical body's form.

As for how the original human conscious is formed, I have no idea. Maybe we are originally born just with a subconscious and eventually the higher conscious turns on and decides it needs a "pilot".

This thread is now pretty far off-topic for this section I feel.

erm....a interesting thought......I believe that this may be something the tulpa community is interested in, it was discovered in a experiment where the corpus callosum was severed that there seemed to be some form of dual thought patterns (although I don't really know)  but I can't lend credibility to phenomenon due to how uncommon it is but it is done utilizing the scientific method so ..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_consciousness_(neuroscience)

And you are correct this now has nothing to do with my original questions but that matters not as it is the internet :p , to any that give a shit feel free to use this thread as you please hopefully with some evidence but I feel no need for it and probably will not post (but will probably read responses) and don't think that this will be my last post trust me.If nothing else I will create a form progress report in order to maintain a catalogue of how my experimentation with this tulpa shiznatz goes  ;) .....and then people can give out to me for incompetence whilst I doubt this phenomenon's existance for six months of trial and error

"I've always felt alone my whole life,

for as long a I can remember.

I don't know if like it.. or if I'm just used to it, but I know this:

Being lonely does thing to you,

and feeling shit and bitter

and angry all the time just.... eats away at you"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

erm....a interesting thought......I believe that this may be something the tulpa community is interested in, it was discovered in a experiment where the corpus callosum was severed that there seemed to be some form of dual thought patterns (although I don't really know)  but I couldn't lend fully accept the phenomenon due to how uncommon it is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_consciousness_(neuroscience)

And you are correct this now has nothing to do with my original questions but that matters not as it is the internet :p , to any that give a shit feel free to use this thread as you please hopefully with some evidence but I feel no need for it and probably will not post (but will probably read responses) and don't think that this will be my last post trust me.If nothing else I will create a form progress report in order to maintain a catalogue of how my experimentation with this tulpa shiznatz goes  ;) .....and then people can give out to me for incompetence whilst I doubt this phenomenons existance for six months of trial and error

Well I come from a Chaos Magick background where it is believed you have a Boaz and Jachin, or Yin & Yang. The Boaz is the "lizard brain" who is focused on food, reproduction for species continuum, and is the big skeptic. The Jachin is the "higher self". It's in charge of socialization and other things that differentiate us from simply being animals. Basically what makes us Sapient. We are taught that the modern human conscious is essentially these two parts with a pilot who makes the final decision based on experience. We are taught that us as Chaotes can change the programming of the pilot "superconcious" through programming using Sigils and so on.

[align=center]vQ4x6IW.png

255x442http://orig14.deviantart.net/e591/f/2015/015/e/1/the_chariot_by_bluefluke-d6pzmse.jpg[/img][/align]

I find it extremely interesting that the brain when split creates two independent consciousness essentially.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

erm....a interesting thought......I believe that this may be something the tulpa community is interested in, it was discovered in a experiment where the corpus callosum was severed that there seemed to be some form of dual thought patterns (although I don't really know)  but I can't lend credibility to phenomenon due to how uncommon it is but it is done utilizing the scientific method so ..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Split-brain

Eyah, split brain experiments. Not sure how closely case studies can follow the scientific method when they don't have control groups. Or anything other than anecdotal evidence to them.

Actually, I thought these experiments showed that the patients did not lose the sense of being one.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Guest Neotoma

Hello!

I am wondering what consciousness is in the first place. In my opinion it's pretty hard to tell whether two people can share the same brain without even knowing why only carbon-based life can be conscious . There are many conections between events in the world. I think that everything is connected to it's surroundings. Someone here said that consciousness is based on complexity. If that was the case the whole earth would be conscious.

I know this might sound strange but I think that consciousness is created by trying to differentiate between one's ego and everything else (and failing while at so). Of course this definition ist even worse than the other one when it comes to the "consciousness" of the universe but maybe the conclusion that everything is conscious is true.

Maybe one can pick any spot in space and define the objects in there as a consciousness because they are influrencing each other. In that case a tulpa would be conscious and even independent from the host if the spot in space which would be treated as the closed system in which one searches consciousness (even though it isn't a closed system but that's allright because the brain is influrenced by it's surroundigs as well) is defined as the host's brain without the memorys which have a major impact on the the host's ego.

If I overlooked something or anything else makes you disagree please tell me. I'm new here so I might make some mistakes... I'm a little sceptic as well despite the fact that I created somebody in my mind two years ago who is some kind of tulpa.

There is a phenomenon very similar to tulpas that isn't even considered a mental disorder. Imaginary friends.

Be rational.

There is a phenomenon very similar to tulpas that isn't even considered a mental disorder. Imaginary friends.

Yes and I had considered that but imaginary friends don't respond on their own without parroting :p, (unless most have a different childhood experience to me)

"I've always felt alone my whole life,

for as long a I can remember.

I don't know if like it.. or if I'm just used to it, but I know this:

Being lonely does thing to you,

and feeling shit and bitter

and angry all the time just.... eats away at you"