listening - to wake headmates or help with parroting

tulpa001

Question

We have found that the easiest way to hear the other is to stop talking. This probably goes against the general instinct in narration.

1)Stop talking.

2)Stop thinking.

3)Relax and stop trying to stop talking and thinking. Going halfway is fine.

4)Relax and pay attention to her.

5)Wait. It can take a while.

6)Relax and let whatever happens happen.

We have found this useful for waking each other up. I use it quite often because of her tendency to drift off while I am working hard or typing. I imagine it can also give your tulpa a much easier and longer time to get their voice working, rather than hoping they jump into a conversation.

It seems like the one thing we can't really do, is jump in to a conversation while the other is talking.

Also, relaxing and waiting has lower odds of inadvertent parroting than hoping and expecting. We use this technique to make sure the person we are talking to is the other and not ourselves, which happens occasionally. By just relaxing and waiting, it forces them to do the actual work.

Note: This should not be done as a replacement for traditional forcing. More, I think it might help if done before, in the middle, or maybe after some narrating. I also don't think it will help with getting first words. I think you need a little memory of their voice built up.

Details of the steps:

(1) Almost everyone has an internal voice that you hear your thoughts in. Hold it back. You probably do this automatically when listening to others or watching television. When you do so, background thoughts will start to be more noticeable. Which brings us to:

(2) In order for your tulpa to think easily, you want to create an environment in which they have room to think. So you want to pull some of your background thoughts out. Look at them. If some of them are caused by something you are worried about, forget that worry and relax until the thoughts subside. If you keep making observations about the outer world, direct your attention inward until the outer world subsides. Then, relax so your thoughts slow down. This should give your tulpa the space they need to think.

If you spend more than a minute on this step, then you are in meditation. This is too long. We are visiting, not staying.

(3) Our goal is to give the tulpa room to think. This means there is one final effortful action we need to relax away. The action we initiated in steps one and two. Your tulpa does not need the entire brain. So long as your thoughts don't return in full force when you stop actively suppressing them, it's all good.

(4) Now we add one stream of thought. The same way you become immersed in a book or television show or your own fantasy, to the degree you forget about everything else, you want to think about your tulpa. Think about what she is like, remember her, her traits, her personality. Think about what it would be like to think like her. About what it would be like to see her. About what she would do.

(5) Now comes waiting. Either it will work, or it won't. Giving it more time improves the odds. It is important to not try to do anything during this step. If you feel the thoughts you quieted in steps one and two rushing back, it is probably better to just stop for the day rather than try to suppress them again.

(6) This last step is an anti-parroting step. It is important not to expect your tulpa to do anything. You are just watching. You are not doing anything. Don't critically analyse any thoughts that come your way, don't accept or reject anything. Don't make any judgements or predictions, don't hold any hopes. Now we collect data. We can analyse it afterwards.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, what did you just tell us? If you want the title to be similar, tell us what we are summoning. Right now it almost reads like "to summon parroting".

A guide could be very short just like tips and tricks could be very long - length has nothing to do with it. I could write thousands of words detailing something, but deep down it might be condensed into a single sentence that is the main tip: try doing something like this, it might help. A guide walks a person through the process: do this, then that, then this, etc. You did the latter here.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

We didn't like it because it was too vague to be helpful and could have been more, like it is now. You know, actually explaining us what you mean instead of blurting out words that you know what they're supposed mean but aren't obvious to us. That's the thing about writing advice to others, can't assume others know what you mean.

You submission always was written like a guide (you even had obvious steps) but the message wasn't clear enough. Right now it's better. And I guess the title is more helpful now.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

This looks very helpful, especially in my case, seeing as I almost never wait for my tulpa to respond to the things I say. Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know if this helps produce progress in vocality.