The Secret of a 10 Minute Tulpa - A Guide

Check the PO box

Question

The Ten Minute Tulpa

A Guide

Introduction

This may sound irrational, but this is how you can make a fully sentient tulpa in roughly ten minutes. Give or take, of course, but it can easily take you less than a day. 

It may be harder for some than others, so if it takes you longer than that then don't be discouraged, it's still possible for you to make a tulpa. You just need more time.

And when I say a fully sentient tulpa, I mean something that's as fully functional as a tulpa made over the course of days, weeks, months, or more. 

While, admittedly, making a tulpa this way will take more energy than making a tulpa over a long period of time, as long as you make sure to give it the extra attention at first you'll be fine.

I've had a lot of people ask me how I did it, and the people I've explained this to have succeeded in doing so. So there is truth in this, as skeptical as any of you may be.

The most important thing to remember is REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER GUIDES SAY this is possible and easily attainable. 

So, enough of that. Onto the Guide

What is a Tulpa

As many of you know a tulpa is a sentient thoughtform, something you can talk to and interact with like any human on the outside or similar, just in your head. Not physically.

A tulpa can be anything you want it to be, be it a human, animal, inanimate object, or otherwise. 

To reiterate, you can basically do anything you want with a tulpa just like a real person, just not physically. They can help you remember things, do minor things in the brain (Like fix/help headaches, do some minor work with health (such as making you sick upon request or helping you get better when you are), help you sleep, etc), and just be a generally cool person to hang out with more or less. They think and act just like a human can, with their own thoughts and so forth.

Tulpa are capable of a lot of things, you just have to work with them to figure it out.

Step 1

Visualization. 

Now when you think of something visual, you're using your minds eye to do so. You also use this to visualize/mentally see your tulpa. 

To visualize your tulpa simply think of what you want your tulpa to be. What you want them to look like.

Just try not to base them on anything like characters from TV shows, as that can mess things up. You could make them look like an existing character if you'd like, just make sure you know that they aren't and may not act like said character. If you try to force them into acting like whatever character you had in mind it can really damage your tulpa mentally or "physically".

However, basing them on your own characters (Or OCs) is fine.

Just focus really hard on what you want them to look like from every angle you can. In every position/pose, any way you can imagine them. This will give you a good understanding of how your tulpa looks and solidify a mental image.

Once you have a good, solid idea and image in your head of that you can have them cycle through some basic movements like walking, jumping, talking, and so on, just so you get an idea of how it moves and all. Kind of like a 3D model in your head.

If you would like your tulpa to come up with how they looks on its own, simply skip this step and move on.

Either way, when they are visualized or shortly after and you've begun Step 2, they will start to move on its own. If you did skip this step, then they will do so after they've taken a form of their own.

Step 2

Personality Development. 

Just think of what you want your tulpa to act like. Easy as that. 

Come up with a personality and know that's what they'll be like, and it'll happen more likely than not. 

While they will likely start out like your set personality, they will likely develop into something similar but unique the longer they're alive, just like people do. Everyone grows and changes as they get older, tulpa are the same.

I personally did this by imagining what my tulpa looked like and sat with them, then explained to them how they where/how they acted. 

If you skipped Step 1 then try imagining a ball of light (energy) and talk to that until they gain their own form. 

This too is optional. If you skip this it'll develop they'll own personality over time. 

Step 3

Talk to it 

You can talk to them about anything and everything. Just start talking.

Just make sure you're giving them your full attention and you'll be good. It's really simple.

If you can't think of things to talk about, talk about your day or explain in as much detail as possible literally anything you want. Even simple, dumb, or obvious things will be interesting and new to them so you might as well explain it in depth. 

After a bit, they'll start replying on their own to questions you ask or giving input to what you're saying. If you skipped Step 1 just imagine you're talking to a ball of energy, as mentioned above. Or something similar. If you skipped both 1 and 2, this early conversation may contribute to their personality and opinions later on. 

Step 4

Create a wonderland

This is basically just a place in your mind that you and your tulpa chill out. You can do anything here and it can look like anything you want. You can also have as many as you want, and travel between them. It's also possible for your Tulpa to make their own wonderland or change the ones you've made. 

To make one you more or less just imagine a setting, like a room of sorts, and focus on every little detail until it's solidified mentally. It could be a room, a house, a field, space, a whole world, or lots of smaller different things. It's anything you want it to be, as mentioned above.

This step is also optional, though most people choose to. 

Step 5

Imposition

Another optional step. 

Once you feel comfortable with all the above steps, you can move on to imposing your tulpa. 

Now anything above tactile will take more work than the rest of this guide but it's still possible. At least from my personal experiences.

Basically for touch/tactile imposition, just focus really hard on what it would feel like if your tulpa were to touch your or vice versa. After awhile, you'll start physically feeling them on or around you, even if faint at first. You could also ask them to move one of your toes or things like that, which will help. This may take a few days or longer, depending on if you already have experience with such things and how much effort/focus you put into it at first. 

I haven't really worked on taste or smell, but I assume you would do so in a similar manner. 

And while I've worked a lot on sight and auditory imposition I haven't yet mastered either so I don't have any pointers. There are guides on such things though, so look for those. 

Things that were hard for me may be extremely easy for you, this is just based on what I've personally found after having tulpa for going on 3 years now. 

Step 6

Fronting

Listen, I'm only going to explain fronting here because that's what I'm most familiar with and that's what I think I can help the most with. If you want to learn about Co-Fronting, Possession, Switching, and so on seek other guides or posts about it. 

Fronting more or less is pushing your tulpa to the "front" of your brain. Sometimes you'll feel a shift in pressure, sometimes not. This is more or less symbolism/imagery to help you figure it out. It's like if you're in a car and you're the one driving with your tulpa in the back seat. Just imagine letting your tulpa ride passenger and they're giving you directions so you know where to go. 

Sometimes it won't feel like anything has changed at first, but as you both adjust it will become more apparent.

The only way I know how to "initiate" fronting is by imagining things this way, though I've heard there's others. Perhaps you know or can figure them out yourself, part of the magic of tulpa is learning new things about them and new things you can do with them. So if this method doesn't work for you, maybe try to find a new way.

To my understanding, Possession is like if you were to let your tulpa drive while you sat passenger and Switching is like if your tulpa was driving and you went to the back seat. But again, I recommend other guides for information on that as I only really deal with fronting and am not confident enough in my knowledge on the subject to explain. 

Conclusion 

This may seem like a lot to take in at first, especially if you've done more research before or after this, but it's really simple in all reality. It's only as hard as you think it is, and it isn't hard at all. It's what you make of it. 

And that's more or less the secret. It's only as hard as you think it's going to be, so if you believe without a shadow of a doubt that you can make a fully sentient and functional tulpa in less than a day or two, then you by all means can. 

Hopefully this helps some people out.

9 answers to this question

You put possible guides in submissions.

Now, I know for a fact that a one day tulpa is impossible for some people. Nontheless, let's see what we got:

As many of you know a tulpa is just a sentient thoughtform, something you can talk to and all like any human or similar. 

Sentience is well beyond something you can talk to like a human. Something you can talk to like a human could also be a thing exhibiting the illusion of independent agency. Such things, if they also have a character, can reply fluently. In addition, there are servitors, which are robots, some of which can also reply fluently.

"mindseye" --> mind's eye

But don't base it on anything like characters from TV shows, as that will mess things up.

This is random. Can you back this up?

You will also end up making a wonderland.

This is basically just a place in your mind that you and your tulpa chill out. You can do anything here and it can look like anything you want. You can also have as many as you want, and go to different ones. It's also possibly for your Tulpa to make their own wonderland or change ones you've made. 

Two problems here. First, a wonderland is optional. Second, you basically just described wonderland here.

You can also have your tulpa Switch or Front

Fronting is basically like having your tulpa come up to the "front" of your brain and either controlling the body (With your consent, of course.) or helping you control the body in one way or another. 

This is the definition of possession. switching or fronting require that the host also leave the body in some fashion for the duration. Even if that is just falling unconscious. Cofronting can allow both to be in the body. Fronting is a more general term.

Switching is basically the same but you go to the "back" of the brain while your tulpa stays at the front. 

Also wrong. Switching and fronting essentially mean the same thing, except, the definition of switching is even tighter. Moving to the "back" of the brain, or giving up dominance does not really have a term at this time, although it is a useful skill to learn.

Okay, overall, this guide is too thin. The first steps, before you got to wonderland are accurate and standard. But at the same time, they are already in all the other good guides. In addition, they contain no real help for someone who is running into trouble with a step, and no great amount of details for someone who is having difficulty understanding what a step is precisely.

The later stages are particularly shaky and thinly described. By guide standards.

Overall, you basically said what you did, but did not write a guide. Maybe post it in your progress report?

Lastly, this guide contains no great secrets for how to create a tulpa quickly. So I would say false advertising.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Formatting and grammatical issues aside, here are some of the issues that I have with your guide:

Introduction

It's possible to create a simplistic base/frame for a tulpa within ten minutes, sure, but that definitely doesn't have much to do with sentient tulpas, which you didn't expand on in the rest of your guide. It makes for a flashy title, but it's misleading, so I'd recommend changing it unless you're actually going to go into that.

What is a Tulpa

For something that's supposed to act as an introductory guide, you should probably go into more detail when you're explaining what a tulpa is. Saying that "you can basically do anything you want with a tulpa just like a real person" isn't necessarily true, and could lead impressionable minds into thinking that tulpas can become physical beings (this isn't likely to happen, I think, but I've seen it before in this community).

I'd like for you to explain what you mean when you say that a tulpa can "do some work with hormones", since I'm not really sure what you're talking about here.

Step 1

Visualization. 

There's nothing wrong with basing a tulpa's form off of characters as long as you understand that the tulpa isn't the character, and shouldn't be treated like they are. Maybe you got the wrong impression from some of the older guides/threads, but most people are past that now.

A tulpa isn't going to move on its own from the moment it's first visualized, if that's what you mean - autonomy takes time.

Step 5

Imposition

Tactile imposition might be easier than visual or auditory imposition for you, but that doesn't mean that it's going to be the same way for everyone.

Step 6

Switching/Possession and Fronting

I can't say much about "fronting" because I'm not too familiar with this term, but going to the "back" of the brain for switching sounds like a horrible explanation, and would likely confuse anyone who's new to the concept. If you were to talk about "tulpa-like states" instead, working from the site's glossary, that'd be better. Also, your method uses symbolism, and that's not going to work for everyone.

Conclusion

Don't worry about there being too much to take in, because, well, there isn't much to take in at all, and that's the biggest problem I have with this guide. I can't think of any reason why someone would choose this one over any of the others you could find here, since most of them have clear definitions and go into the steps with a bit more confidence. If you put some more effort into this and change the title, I wouldn't mind looking at it again.

I saw that Tulpa mentioned a lot of what I was going to say when I previewed this post, so I left some stuff out. 

[Tri] We have more than a few comments on this guide.

Overall, we do like the conciseness in some parts of the guide. However, there are some issues with how it will not be so easy for everyone and the question "at what point do I have a sentient tulpa" because as it stands it sounds like one has to go all the way to fronting before that is the case. There are some other issues as well. We do think these issues can be fixed, though. So, as of right now, we cannot approve this for Guides. But, we hope that you improve it and we can eventually approve it for Guides.

The Ten Minute Tulpa

A Guide

Introduction

This may sound irrational, but this is how you can make a fully sentient tulpa in roughly ten minutes. Give or take, of course, but it will easily take you less than a day. 

Most people cannot pull this off in 10 minutes or even a day. But some can make a tulpa quite quickly. It is important to not leave out either group. A more accurate way to put it is "This is a guide for making tulpas. Some people can do it in as short as a day or 10 minutes, while others can take considerably longer (days, weeks, and so on), but all can do it." or something like that. Makes a more accurate statement and offers some encouragement for those who it takes longer for.

One small formatting thing in the BBcode. For the title, you declare the size twice. The innermost one overrides the outer one so you can drop the outer one. Not something important if you only post this here, but if you ever port it to another forum or if this forum's software vastly changes, it could make things more difficult.

I would have posted in guides, as that's what I'd consider this and wrote it to be, but I don't appear to be able to.

I don't know if I'm breaking any rules by posting this here but I've had a lot of people ask me how I did it, and the people I've explained to have succeeded in doing so. So there is truth in this, as sceptical as any of you may be.

Submissions is where these things go. Once the GAT (Guide Approval Team) approves them, then they can move to the Guides, Tips & Tricks, Resources, or Articles subfora. Generally speaking, people (GAT and non-GAT) give comments on a given submission, the author edits it, repeat the previous some number of times, and the submission eventually gets approved or dis-approved. It is usually possible to fix all the issues in an initial submission, but it can be a lot of work and some just aren't salvageable because they are based on something incorrect.

The most important thing to remember is REGARDLESS OF WHAT OTHER GUIDES SAY this is possible and easily attainable. 

Many guides, as you point out, make it seem like making a tulpa quickly is impossible (for some definition of quickly). Just make sure your guide doesn't do the same with the other group - leaving out those for whom it takes a long time.

So, enough of that. Onto the Guide

What is a Tulpa

As many of you know a tulpa is just a sentient thoughtform, something you can talk to and all like any human or similar. 

A tulpa can be anything you want it to be, be it a human, animal, inanimate object, or otherwise. 

To reiterate, you can basically do anything you want with a tulpa just like a real person. They can help you remember things, do minor things in the brain (Like fix/help headaches, do some work with hormones, help you sleep, etc), and just be a generally cool person to hang out with more or less. They think and act just like a human can, with their own thoughts and so forth.

Tulpa are capable of a lot of things, you just have to work with them to figure it out. 

This is one of the places where your guide has gone too concise and cut out needed detail. As Vos said, you should go into a bit more detail here on what a Tulpa is.

Another thing. You keep referring to tulpas with the pronoun "it" in the whole guide, yet here you say they are sentient and what not. This is an inconsistency, and doesn't fit well with the fact most tulpas prefer pronouns other than "it" (have only known a few who preferred it or were OK with it). If you are saying that a tulpa is just like a physical person outside of one's body, then the pronouns need to match up with that. If you mean that tulpas are things/objects, then you should say that here (many would strongly disagree with you including us, but the guide would be more explicit which would be a good thing).

As far as what tulpas can do, the headache things is pretty widely claimed. The sleep thing is claimed often enough. But on the hormone thing, there isn't good evidence for that yet. One generally can't have a good sense of their own hormone levels short of extreme situations where it is obvious something is at the extreme or there are strong side effects if the levels are not right even by a little bit. Actually knowing if there is an effect requires systematic blood testing, since there is no good way to just feel if there was an effect or not. Also, many hormone production chains are not affected by the brain much if at all, so we would be inclined to say such claims are innaccurate for most hormone chains (though, being scientists, hard data would convince us otherwise and then it would be off to the races to figure out the mechanism which would be really neat, actually, especially if certain particular hormone chains were possible to be affected (oh, would that make our life easier)).

Step 1

Visualization. 

Now when you think of something visual, you're using your mindseye to do so. You also use this to visualise/mentally see your tulpa. 

To visualise simply think of what you want your tulpa to be. What you want it to look like.

Just make sure not to base it on anything like characters from TV shows, as that will mess things up. However, basing it on your own characters is fine. 

Just focus really hard on what you want it to look like from every angle you can. In every position/pose, any way you can imagine it. This will give you a good understanding of how your tulpa looks.

Once you have a good, solid idea and image in your head of that you can have it cycle through some basic movements like walking, jumping, talking, etc. Just so you get an idea of how it moves and all. Kind of like a 3D model in your head.

If you would like your tulpa to come up with how it looks on its own, simply skip this step and move on.

Either way, when it is visualized, it will start to move on it's own.

We agree with what Tulpa001 and Vos said here.

When you say "as that will mess things up" with regards to "just make sure not to base it on anything like characters from TV shows", what do you mean? Do you mean there are pitfalls, something else? Might be good to be a bit more explicit here. Saying "There are pitfalls to basing them on characters from TV shows" is a short and concise way to recommend someone not do that if you only meant there are pitfalls, and saying it that way is a bit more direct and doesn't encourage the prospective host to be contrary.

They can sometimes move on their own at this stage, but not for most people.

Step 2

Personality Development. 

Just think of what you want your tulpa to act like. Easy as that. 

Come up with a personality and know that's what it'll be like, and it'll happen more likely than not. 

While it will likely start out like your set personality, it will likely develop into something similar but unique the longer it's alive, just like people do. Everyone grows and changes as they get older, tulpa are the same.

This too is optional. If you skip this it'll develop it's own personality over time. 

We think this part is good. Just, you might want to be more explicit when you say "people" because "people" can include tulpas. We think you mean "people outside of the body".

Step 3

Talk to it 

You can talk to it about anything and everything. Just start talking.

Just make sure you're giving it your full attention and you'll be good. It's really simple.

If you can't think of things to talk about, talk about your day or explain in as much detail as possible literally anything you want. Even simple, dumb, or obvious things will be interesting and new to them so you might as well explain it in depth. 

After a bit, it'll start replying on its own to questions you ask or giving input to what you're saying. 

This is good and concise. Only thing is that if a host skipped Step 1, they might have a hard time figuring out how to talk to the tulpa. Perhaps a little blurb here on that.

Step 4

Create a wonderland

This is basically just a place in your mind that you and your tulpa chill out. You can do anything here and it can look like anything you want. You can also have as many as you want, and travel between them. It's also possible for your Tulpa to make their own wonderland or change the ones you've made. 

Does the host following this guide have a tulpa before this step or only after this step? We know you probably mean that you already have a tulpa at this stage but this is an additional thing you can do, or perhaps you mean that it is something that can help you make a tulpa but you don't have one yet possibly unless you have been doing Step 3 for a while. Be explicit about at which point you have a tulpa and/or how these later steps factor in.

Also, as Tulpa001 pointed out, you just defined "wonderland" but didn't say how to make one. You don't have to say how to make one, though if you don't, you should say tell the reader to refer to other guides and resources for how to do this.

Step 5

Imposition

Once you feel comfortable with all the above steps, you can move on to imposing your tulpa. 

Now anything above tactile will take more work than the rest of this guide but it's still possible.

Basically for touch/tactile imposition, just focus really hard on what it would feel like if your tulpa were to touch your or vice versa. After awhile, you'll start physically feeling it, even if faint at first. You could also ask them to move one of your toes or things like that, which will help. 

I haven't really worked on taste or smell, but I assume you would do so in a similar manner. 

And while I've worked a lot on sight and auditory imposition I haven't yet mastered either so I don't have any pointers. There are guides on such things though, so look for those. 

Again, do you mean that this is optional, might help, or etc.? Motivate why to do this.

As Vos pointed out, the easiest imposition for many people is not tactile. For some it is, but not all. As an example, for our body, taste is the easiest followed by tactile.

Step 6

Switching/Possession and Fronting

Fronting is basically like having your tulpa come up to the "front" of your brain and either controlling the body (With your consent, of course.) or helping you control the body in one way or another. 

Switching is basically the same but you go to the "back" of the brain while your tulpa stays at the front. 

This sounds kind of hard/weird but the way I recommend doing it is literally visualising pushing your tulpa forward to the front and just letting things happen. Even if it doesn't feel like they're fronting at first, it'll become apparent after a few minutes of the both of you adjusting. 

This is definitely something that cannot be done in 10 minutes. Again, the question of whether this is completely optional and whether it will help. That all said, we do like mentioning this topic. Controlling the body is a good way (though not the only way) for a tulpa to get a lot of experiences to grow from.

We do think there is some misunderstanding of the term "fronting". It is controlling the body by any means, which includes switching, possession, eclipsing, and others. The term itself comes from the symbolism many use to do it, and the perception some who did not explicity use the symbolism feel when they are doing it. Maybe not the ideal word for the concept, but it is what it is. Possession, like you said, is controlling the body while the previous control doesn't leave, and switching has the previous controller leave (you should define "back" here). You do need to mention that the front-back thing here is symbolism so that the readers will know if it doesn't work for them, they should try other symbolism. Nothing wrong with giving symbolism here. In fact, it is helpful. But you should say that it is, since that will help people.

Conclusion 

This may seem like a lot to take in at first but it's really simple in all reality. It's only as hard as you think it is, and it isn't hard at all. It's what you make of it. 

Hopefully this helps some people out.

We do like that this is a nice concise guide. A simple explanation first, and then people can go to other resources if something turns out not so simple for them. It could be helpful to mention this all in the beginning, something like "the process of making a tulpa is rather simple which this guide outlines, though it is common for people to find some steps tricky in which case more in depth guides and resources for that particular step are very helpful." This way, the person can read this and get the simple concise version and know that sometimes a step is hard for people and they should look elsewhere if they run into trouble on a particular step instead of banging their head against the wall in frustration and giving up (sadly, this happens even though one would think it would be obvious to look for other resources but that is not how human psychology works when a person is frustrated).

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

I approve of the message of this guide, which I think was basically making a tulpa ain't as hard as everyone makes it out to be. I think an introduction like this might be the difference in quitting from doubt and actually making a tulpa for some people tbh. But I'm no guide reviewer so I guess follow the stuff everyone else said. I'll give input on the 2 things I guess I can

First, you can base tulpas on characters just fine. What you're looking for there is that you shouldn't think of your tulpa as the character. I don't think I'm Suwako. But I like her a lot and I don't mind sharing roughly the same appearance and personality, as long as I'm still allowed to be myself, you know? So I would change that to be more like, if you base them on a character from something, realize that they are only a tulpa sharing some or many traits of that character, but have no relation to it or the media otherwise. Sometimes soulbonds do and that's OK, but for tulpas yeah nah, they aren't supposed to feel like they're straight outta the actual fictional universe. But they can definitely be attached! Tewi feels a lot of connections to Touhou's Tewi in some ways, mainly the stuff about living alone in a forest for a long time. That's totes OK. Now, if she had thought she was THE Tewi in some kid's head I think things would've gone a lot... stupider.

Screw the term switching and screw explaining switching. Don't even use that term if people are gonna be upset about it. Say "Your tulpa can learn to switch places with you, the methods and results are different for everyone but if you keep trying or looking through guides you should find a method that works for you." Don't say switching like it's a term, use it as a casual verb. I actually read move to the back of the mind in the actual switching sense, but then the others made me realize it probably wasn't written that way. Going to the back of the mind sounds more like co-fronting or some type of possession, because you're just kinda "moving out of the way". But switching doesn't put you in the back of the mind, it puts you right where your tulpa was. For us.. that's the side of the mind.. but that probably means wonderland for most people, and some type of mindspace for others. And some people probably do things in between that don't get defined as well. So for your sake, don't call it switching, call it switching places or letting your tulpa take control! I'm so against all these tight definitions people are trying to make for literally letting an imaginary friend control your body. We ain't a religion guys, how it works is how it works however that works. Once someone leaves the forum the word they used and definitions they tried to fit won't mean nothin. All they'll have is the results.

Buuuut.. people do complain about that stuff for a reason. The term exists because terms like that help us share our subjective experiences with others, and the less detailed the terms the less accurate that communication is. So.. uh.. hmm. I guess if you wanna be real safe, use switching to mean the tulpa takes over the mind and body, and the host dissociates from it to the wonderland. It's racist against people who don't live in/use their wonderlands but whatever, it's what makes the oldies who created the term happy.

If you find a way to complain about the definition of switching I just gave as wrong I will never even try again so don't do that we have a lot of influence here and we're really tired of how picky people are with this definition! like really, even if people used the term switching to mean full-body possession, knocking out the host, and the host being in the wonderland, there would still effectively be not that much miscommunication in the end. Especially when people describe how it was for them. In casual use it'd communicate the same thing. I'd be all for that anarchy don'tcha test me

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Thanks for the input, I went ahead and edited some things so you can reread if you'd like. Maybe say if there's anything else you think needs to be changed.

And for what it's worth, both myself and the few friends I've explained this to have all made full sentient and functional/developed tulpa in small amounts of times like this. I understand some of you might not believe that you can make a fully fledged tulpa in such a short time frame, but that's exactly why you can't.

I understand some of you might not believe that you can make a fully fledged tulpa in such a short time frame, but that's exactly why you can't.

/thread

(Actually the reason people believe this and perpetuate believing this is to make sure people put time and effort into creating their tups and take it seriously, but yeah it definitely tends to go overboard and people think it's too hard and stuff)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

As far as what tulpas can do, the headache things is pretty widely claimed. The sleep thing is claimed often enough. But on the hormone thing, there isn't good evidence for that yet. One generally can't have a good sense of their own hormone levels short of extreme situations where it is obvious something is at the extreme or there are strong side effects if the levels are not right even by a little bit. Actually knowing if there is an effect requires systematic blood testing, since there is no good way to just feel if there was an effect or not. Also, many hormone production chains are not affected by the brain much if at all, so we would be inclined to say such claims are innaccurate for most hormone chains (though, being scientists, hard data would convince us otherwise and then it would be off to the races to figure out the mechanism which would be really neat, actually, especially if certain particular hormone chains were possible to be affected (oh, would that make our life easier)).

I have and continue to claim that I can mess with some of our hormones. These chemical juices are part of a person, and much like breathing or heart rate, can be influenced by a mind.

minds eye --> mind's eye

Talk to it --> Talk to them

Your edits addressed most of my concerns, but I think you still have a way to go. I think you need to emphasise that this guide is not going to work for everyone, and tell them to look at other guides if this does not work.

Listen, I'm only going to explain fronting here because that's what I'm most familiar with and that's what I think I can help the most with. If you want to learn about Co-Fronting, Possession, Switching, and so on seek other guides or posts about it.

This is your guide. Maintain a consistent mood, keep a single audience in mind. Address your fledgeling tulpamancers, not your critics, keep it neutral.

I am going to double down on the advice other's gave in this section that you should avoid defining any term here. They're all contentious. Instead, be ambiguous and simply say exactly what you did. Don't tell us what fronting is. Tell us how you did it and what happened to you. The alternative is you need to research the term a lot better and read about how others have experienced it, so you can do it justice.

There seems to be a major flaw in your analogy though. It is called proxying if your tulpa is in the passenger seat. It can't properly be called fronting unless the tulpa is in the driver's seat.

The only way I know how to "initiate" fronting is by imagining things this way, though I've heard there's others. Perhaps you know or can figure them out yourself, part of the magic of tulpa is learning new things about them and new things you can do with them. So if this method doesn't work for you, maybe try to find a new way.

Let me see if I can explain. When someone here says you used symbolism, they mean to say you used a metaphor that triggers a real change. Metaphor is a personal language for these real changes. You could, for example, imagine a pink elephant to trigger fronting.

In addition to the use of metaphor, there are also a bunch of other ways to trigger fronting, and a lot of modes of experience of fronting. You could fall asleep, and your tulpa could wake up. Your tulpa could get excited about a topic and end up floating to the front. Your tulpa fronting could mean you don't remember what is happening. It could mean you have no control over the body. It could mean you are having difficulty thinking. It could mean that the world is being interpreted through the lens of your tulpa.

Possession is strictly control of the body. But only direct control.

Switching is more contentiously defined, but pretty much requires that you step out of the body, unless your tulpa never does that themself. It has nothing to do with control of the body. A tulpa can be switched in and just sort of lie there.

I disagree with the final point philosophically. Things that are in reality only as hard as you think they are are restricted to the imaginary. Those who think otherwise are gifted and unaware of how others think and experience things.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I disagree with the final point philosophically. Things that are in reality only as hard as you think they are are restricted to the imaginary. Those who think otherwise are gifted and unaware of how others think and experience things.

hmmmm

tulpamancy sure requires a lot of imagination though...

I think that philosophy is the best mindset, as long as you also remember it will still be a lot of time and effort and maybe not as easy as you thought. It's like the "You can do anything you put your mind to!" philosophy, like no duh it's not true but the philosophy is useful when you live by it within reason/not taking it too seriously. Same with tuppers. It helps people not freak out about every little thing and every little question they have, like those people that are afraid to change their tulpa's shirt color when their tulpa is 2 days old. Buuut, with the thread's title implying basically insta-tulpas, I guess it can give off the wrong idea.

So! I recommend, keeping the "It's easy if you just do it and don't worry" stuff while cutting back on the "It'll be instant success" implications. Like not everyone is gonna have success that quick, even with the right mindset. So you should reinforce that it could still take some time, but still not to worry about doing things wrong/puppetting and parroting/etcccccc. I think that sounds good.

Sure. Someone could make a tulpa this fast, especially after their first as it can be tricky for some to get into the right mindset and really know what a tulpa is like - something your buddies who have managed to create a tulpa in 10 minutes might not really know if it is their first. So it's hard to say how reliable that is. Overall though, this guide isn't bad or anything and says good things while keeping in mind that some things are "optional".

So! I recommend, keeping the "It's easy if you just do it and don't worry" stuff while cutting back on the "It'll be instant success" implications. Like not everyone is gonna have success that quick, even with the right mindset. So you should reinforce that it could still take some time, but still not to worry about doing things wrong/puppetting and parroting/etcccccc. I think that sounds good.

I agree with this. You do mention that it could take more time, which is great, but I think your guide could also help those who can't make a ten minute tulpa. This is a very concise guide so to me, the 10 minute part honestly seems like reading this and getting started than necessarily actually creating your first tupper in that time. Could happen, sure. Could not.

Now some bits about your guide.

Just try not to base them on anything like characters from TV shows, as that can mess things up.

This feels a bit contradicting when looking at what comes next. I assume you're basically just talking about not forcing the tulpa to be like the character they're based on, but this bit being in visualization makes it sounds like they shouldn't look like any existing character. Perhaps a bit rewording to make this more into what you say in the next few sentences? Someone who reads by skimming could easily notice just this part and not the rest - it was something I got stuck to on my first read. Is this perhaps a leftover from your older versions? It seems like the others make a mention of this part as well, which was a common misconception back in the day.

However, basing them on your own characters (Or OCs) is fine.

Why would this be fine if it's still talking about forcing them to be someone they are not? I'll assume it's talking about the form, but the form of an existing character doesn't somehow mess tuppers up either, so this part is strange. If you're talking about their personality and behavior however, this definitely is not fine. Which one is it? This is contradicting something no matter which point you mean.

Some capitalization mess-ups, take another look at when you have typed "tulpa" - and "guide" once. You should also do another search on "it" or "its", you have used those terms to speak of tulpas a few times when the rest of the guide uses they/their/them and it's a bit weird.

Fronting is not really a term we tend to use here, so I can't say if your definition of it is right. Someone in the comments seems to be objecting to it, though. The imposition and fronting bits do seem like more of an extra thing on top of the main guide, so I guess they don't have to be amazing. Would be still good to have actual proper definitions in place as redefining things is an issue in this community.

I'd like to see someone fully imposing a tulpa in ten minutes, though. These feel like they're a bit beyond your initial idea of the guide.

Thing is though, that there's really nothing new here. It's the same stuff every other guide says. Is it different enough to warrant approval? Well, usually everyone writes things their own way and adds something extra to make it different, so tulpa creation guides tend to be accepted even if they all have the same steps. I guess we'll see what folks think, eh? Maybe your main thing is the mindset and the length (short and to the point) which could be what's different when it comes to the rest. But perhaps it's also so concise it has stripped away what makes it different and just seems like a summary of the other guides. I don't see nothing awfully offending about it and just a bit of work would more or less be an approval in my eyes.

The tag for this guide should be General, just in case GAT is wondering. This wasn't tagged, after all.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)