Tulpamancy in Transhumanism

The_Unnamed

Soo I read about this thing about transhumanism and it made me think:

If transhumanism is the belief and theory that the human race can evolve beyond our current mental and physical attributes via science and technology...

that would mean Tulpas are obsolete?

This is a theory of mine that just conjured up like the spirits of paradigm, and I would like to share it.

So, tulpas' habitations are the host's mind, right? We use the mind for thinking, dreaming, imagining, and all that amazing stuff. The brain is, possibly, the greatest thing known to man. When it comes to tulpas, the whole concept and game of the mind gets even more complicated. For some, like me, they have advantages and shortcuts that they could use for their tulpas. For example, every time I think about universe 2A in my mind for stuff to write about, for celeste, the characters may just be wonderland NPCs and the actions they perform while celeste witnesses them may just be like a simulation.

Without my brain, I can't think about all that, right? So if transhumanism comes to play, it either makes the mind obsolete or evolves it. I'm hoping it's the second one.

Looking up the whole 'Transhumanism/Tulpamancy' theory, what I saw suggests, that, if an exact copy of the brain is made, the tulpa would be there with it. Now this was what I was thinking at first, but this surpasses most people's beliefs and views of tulpamancy, as some believe it is spiritual.

Excuse me while I think deeply about wonderlands...

TAIHO_CORP.png.2ccef673e1f98e1364717a3bc77e63f6.png

Not really.

I know a lot about this transhumanism thing as I am a transhumanist.

It would render tulpas just as obsolete as the common view of human minds.

If you were to copy a brain perfectly; yes, you would get a replica of the tulpa.

You would also get a replica of the host's mind as well, so it's a bit of a moot point.

The brain is a highly sophisticated chemical computer, so like any other computer, data inside of it can be replicated.

I'm not really sure what your argument is here.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

The brain is a highly sophisticated chemical computer, so like any other computer, data inside of it can be replicated.

I'm not really sure what your argument is here.

Well, my brain sometimes gets the best of me and I overthink simple questions and situations, and my imagination goes wild. I get blinded by the fascination and then I realize that the answer was simple. :p

Initially, when this theory popped up, I didn't really think of mind uploading, so I suppose I got a little lost in my theory, haha :)

Obsolete? Before we even get started?

Worth noting that evolution has no forward direction. It is a force like gravity pulling down on water. It causes rivers to flow in one direction, but evolution itself has no starting point and no destination.

This fact of the nature of evolution is usually used to counter claims of deevolution. Claims highly unscientific. But it can also be used to dismiss claims of obsolescence when it comes to turning into androids. Old fleshies are obsolete. Sure. Obsolete for what purpose. Old fleshies are outmoded. Okay. So?

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

If humans were to make digital copies of themselves before humanity starts dying out for whatever reason, say, nuclear fallout? They copy their entire brain. From their memories, personality, emotions (artificially) and possibly even the persons' tulpa? It is odd the more you think about it. A digital copy of someone else has artificial emotions, yes--but an artificial tulpa?

It seems impossible that artificial intelligence based off of someone else has the tulpa, but the tulpa would be artificial. 

(getting deja vu while writing this)

If, according to possible beliefs, the tulpa is a small part of someone's mind--then the tulpa could be uploaded into the digital copy?

I don't know, honestly. This is some deep thought I've gotten myself into.

If humans were to make digital copies of themselves before humanity starts dying out for whatever reason, say, nuclear fallout? They copy their entire brain. From their memories, personality, emotions (artificially) and possibly even the persons' tulpa? It is odd the more you think about it. A digital copy of someone else has artificial emotions, yes--but an artificial tulpa?

Let me put it this way:

Every seven years, every single atom in your body has been replaced, but you'd say that while changed and evolved, the being who inhabit those bodies are still fundamentally the same before and after, right?

This paradox is known as The Ship of Theseus, and if you want to live without thinking that you're constantly dying all the time, you'll probably answer "Both".

What's the difference if it's changed to mechanical parts instead of just more biological parts?

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

There's no real reason to assume souls can't incarnate into artificial bodies.

If you think transhumanism is cool, there's an idea that our collective soul is evolving too.

Not sure what it's called tho

If you're becoming entirely robotic, you're no longer capable of biological consciousness and are technically no more than an illusion of a living thing via programming. If you're cybernetically enhancing your biological processes.. I'd say we really already do that, and have gradually for millions of years. From tools to medicine to genetic modification, I'd consider the whole thing "Human Evolution". In order for all of that to be classified as "unevolved", you would need to make a large leap in technology all at once rather than gradually. That just seems like a waste of progress in the mean time for the sake of "Look how different I am!" I don't believe in the concept, if that wasn't apparent. Anyways, either way, the only "meaning" is the meaning we humans decide to create. As far as nature is concerned, you either survive and reproduce (in some cases, relying more heavily on the survival part more than reproducing I suppose) or you don't. If you want "meaning" behind human evolution aside from objective results, it'll be subjective. Objectively I'd say humans as a whole have reached the pinnacle of nature on our planet, we're more than capable of hitting its carrying capacity without fear of predators.

Everything we do in between is up to us to give meaning to. I wouldn't use the term "evolution" in its traditional sense for this stuff. I suppose you can use it to mean "becoming more complex", but whether that's a good thing or not is still subjectively up to us.

Uh.. Yeah there's no relation to tulpamancy. Issues with matters of sentience and consciousness versus programming are much, much more relevant. And I don't believe humans are capable of creating something more complicated than themselves really, not by a full multitude anyway. However it is we enhance ourselves, it'll by definition be conceivable to us as we are now, so I'm still not impressed enough to call it evolution.

Now, if we stumble upon something outside of ourselves to aid in that evolution.. I could accept something like alien involvement as legitimate evolution. Otherwise, I think we're evolving constantly.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas