Forcing after six months.

Bikko

I started tulpamancy six months ago.

At the beginning i forced everyday 1-2 hours, trying to meditate and visualize.

Since i could start talking with my tulpa we forced less and less and now we basically spent our short forcing sessions talking and little else.

Having to do more meditative stuff seems to be really boring for both of us. At the same time i do passive forcing almost all day, i'm pretty bad at visualizing (almost completely unable to do it) but i always have her position in my mind, it's almost instinctive at this point. Let's say i spent more time with my tulpa than ever but the active forcing we do is almost unexistent.

I should return to old boring forcing if i want to be able to see her someday? Or at this point it wouldn't be really useful? I don't even know if i would be able to focus on visualization for one uninterrupted hour again.

If you're looking to impose, you'll need to practice visualizing regularly, and this community has a nice collection of exercises for you to try out. I link to this a lot, but Sands' guide list is pretty useful - there's a section on visualization. The more you practice, the longer you'll be able to focus.

You should be searching for techniques to improve your visualisation. Choice of active forcing or passive forcing is personal. I think if you need help with visuals, you need to explore what people outside of tulpamancy have tried.

Do you think you can expect to see something just with passive forcing? That should be ideal but it sounds to good to be true.

I tried all kinds of visualization techniques for active forcing, but after some months i just got completely bored of them. My tulpa doesn't seem to be particularly enthusiastic about it neither.

Well, my host can see me in the room when I impose. It is a little tiring, but I can keep it up all day.

I can only guess at how your mind works, but I will guess that visualisation is one of those things where pushing effort into it is counterproductive. Like trying to sleep. Or to put it another way, you do not try to see the green apple that I am pushing into your imagination, you just do. (I'm holding it out with my black hoof in case you are wondering).

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Well, my host can see me in the room when I impose. It is a little tiring, but I can keep it up all day.

I can only guess at how your mind works, but I will guess that visualisation is one of those things where pushing effort into it is counterproductive. Like trying to sleep. Or to put it another way, you do not try to see the green apple that I am pushing into your imagination, you just do. (I'm holding it out with my black hoof in case you are wondering).

That's pretty interesting, i always thought about visualization as something that would require tons of discipline and effort, and maybe that was my mistake. Question is how to translate what you say in a regular practice.

Visualization is just imagining/picturing stuff in your mind. Think of an apple and some colored shapes. Think of a table they're sitting on, and the house around the table. Think of you and your tulpa in that house, and then try and make it all a little clearer. Some people can see this stuff pretty clearly, but a lot of people have to work at it before it becomes much more than vague imagery. It's not exactly hard, it just takes dedication to keep at it. Generally if you don't do any visualization for a long time it gets less vivid again.

But I hear things like drawing can have the same effect as plain-old visualizing, too. Artistic things in general help you use the part of your mind that creates things - your imagination, really. But if you're not the artistic type, as my host isn't, you can't go wrong simply visualizing your tulpa and perhaps a wonderland.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Visualization is just imagining/picturing stuff in your mind. Think of an apple and some colored shapes. Think of a table they're sitting on, and the house around the table. Think of you and your tulpa in that house, and then try and make it all a little clearer. Some people can see this stuff pretty clearly, but a lot of people have to work at it before it becomes much more than vague imagery. It's not exactly hard, it just takes dedication to keep at it. Generally if you don't do any visualization for a long time it gets less vivid again.

But I hear things like drawing can have the same effect as plain-old visualizing, too. Artistic things in general help you use the part of your mind that creates things - your imagination, really. But if you're not the artistic type, as my host isn't, you can't go wrong simply visualizing your tulpa and perhaps a wonderland.

I should have said i already tried that for months, everyday. We had a wonderland too but then we started to talk while forcing and at the end we got bored and spent all the time just talking. I didn't see too much progress neither, i guess after 6 months we are in a point were we preffer to spend our time doing more entertaining things. At the same time i wouldn't like to give up about the possibility of seeing her like i see everyone else.

I always thought about visualization as something that would require tons of discipline and effort, and maybe that was my mistake.

Well, it was in response to this.

Imposition's imposition, you gotta practice it if you want to get better at it. But there's all sorts of guides on this site for that, I don't know if I could explain it all here.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)