How does one make their tulpa's voice louder?

Jack_Simmons

i have been with my tulpa for several months now, and i have been able to speak to him and hear him respond. however, i find that his voice is quiet, and if i talk back at all, i can't hear it. as well, the space in between my thoughts and his speech is very blurred together. his voice is also functionally identical to mine, and i know enough about encouraging a voice, but i don't think i should pick his voice, it should come from him. i know that's hard, but it seems right, so i'm going with it. are there any solutions to this "quiet voice" thing going on, and if so what are they? are there any further things that i should try?

A very large number of things strengthen voice. Half the guides list tips for this. Meditation, practise, getting enough sleep, separation metaphors, imposition, concentration, virtual yelling, strengthening metaphors, roleplay, just listening, and any technique listed to help with visualisation.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Completely normal for him to "hijack" your mind voice at this early stage in his development.

When he "chooses his own voice" it'll just sound like a modified version of yours. That's also normal.

All mind voices sound similar in a certain sense.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you as a tulpamancer is to embrace subtleties.

Slight pitch changes, difference in cadence or a different pronunciation of specific words- these are the things to look for.

If it makes you feel any better, it took my system the better part of a year and a half to get "distinct" voices down.

We still have trouble from time to time.

Melian and Mistgod (some of the site's oldest members) have been doing this shiz for like 30+ years and even they sometimes have trouble figuring out who thought what.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian