tulpa001

Tulpa's DIY tulpamancy guide

Thank you for your in depth review.

Just like to say I am personally not happy with the very frequently asked questions section, so will be rewriting that one a lot.

I would be happy to replace tulpamancy with a more appropriate term. All you have to do is suggest one.

I know I didn't change much in the most problematic exercises. Please focus on reviewing the rest for now. The problematic ones can be addressed again when the rest of the document is up to decent standards.

Honestly, I think I could fix the factual inaccuracies in this document a lot faster if more people were pointing them out. I know there are a bunch.

I will be reviewing your review in detail, but at a later date.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Definitely don't have to try to change at once. If I felt like I had to split my review into parts, we can definitely do changes in parts and go over them like that instead of always having to re-read the whole thing.

As for "tulpamancy", you proved in your exercises that you can write perfectly fine without such terms. It's really strange to actually look at the exercises and compare them to the rest, it's like an almost different person with a different terminology wrote them. What I'm saying here is that I like your exercises and how most of them are written except the few stinkers.

Potential replacements depending on what you are trying to say: creator, creating (a tulpa), forcing, host, just plain not trying to explain something in a single word if it would benefit the guide to say more in some places. Because you already have made a point in the rest of the guide about how even if you use "host" in something, it could very well also apply to tulpas. Often it's people new to tulpas who get the most out of a guide, so using host and referring them to as such would make it an easy read to them. But as a tulpa could also just as easily make another tulpa and use this guide, there's nothing wrong with saying that somewhere.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Tulpamancy and Tulpamancer are much more casual terms, not quite a joke but certainly not "professional" if that's what you're going for. For the sake of a guide, writing out "Creating a tulpa" or some such instead of "Tulpamancy" isn't a big deal. It's for more casual around the forum posts that it's easier to use. Even then, I wouldn't say it too seriously. It's probably better if someone tells their real-life friend "You should look up tulpas" rather than "You should look up tulpamancy". Whether or not it's a term we use, as a first impression it already impacts credibility, and guides are a much more primary source of information than casual forum browsing.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Ouch, that review was almost as painful to read as I imagined it would be.

beginning:

[hidden]

Titles also have weird capitalization sometimes. Do and is are normal verbs and you're not following the form of title capitalization that would leave short words uncapitalized. So why aren't they capitalized?

I am following the rule where short words go uncapitalized. You spotted the wrong error.

[citation needed]

Don't make me add a bibliography. You know I will.

I broadened the scope of the guide from those looking for exercizes to those looking for information on tulpamancy. This is based on a comment someone made about how they could not decide if this was really a guide or more of a list of tips and tricks. And also on a comment on another thread where someone said that the glossary was not just for tulpamancers, but also for people researching tulpas, and people need to keep that in mind. And also because I was already thinking about maybe doing that.

The community part is even odder...

Not happy with that section. May bulldoze that section unless I can make it look better.

Hahaha, in your dreams buddy, in your dreams.

But it actually is. Tulpamancy is what it is called.

practice is the noun and practise is the verb.

Wow, that is unusual.

"Brain family" was literally made like maybe a week ago and you're already claiming it's a staple in the communities?

No, it was made at least three months ago that I can verify.

These aren't bad though. Consider putting them somewhere else in your guide.

They already are. The redundancy is bothering me a bit.

History of soulbond notwithstanding. I can't make people stop using it in actual communication. Cat's out of the bag. Sorry.

Come on.

Probably the debate I hear the most often. I don't understand why people feel belief is important to the process. Surely you don't think people don't talk about it? All the time?

"Oh you gotta do it but don't do it because the GAT will chew me out if I don't write this out teehee".

You give yourself too much credit. I would not have put it in the guide if I thought it was false, and I would not take something out of the guide if I thought it was true. As you have noticed.

You can't avoid doubt. Doubt is natural.

No it isn't. You can't doubt if you don't try to believe anything. But a side point.

Saying doubt is bad and that you should feel bad for feeling it is not helpful

I'm glad I would never say this. Also glad I never wrote it in my guide.

Doubt does cause problems during forcing though. Seen it many times. It is best to not think about such questions during forcing. It will make you quit forcing.

You are your unconscious thoughts.

No you aren't, silly. Your unconscious thought are the part of yourself you are not consciously aware of.

Uh, what does this mean exactly? You use a lot of that imagination to make a tupper, but I guess what you're trying to say is that they're about as imaginary as the assumed host reader of this guide?

I mean it literally. I know, not many people even think of literal and imaginary in the same sentence. But I have seen tulpamancers think, literally, that tulpas are imagination, and not real. They are made out of cognitive processes, literally. (Imagination is only a useful tool in getting a tulpa.)

Uh. Could be. Not will.

You caught me. I put theory in a practical document. My theory. Will think of softening all those predictions. Yeah.

Except for the cloth part. That translates to you have the same genetic code.

So they will have a personality you can imagine a close family member of you would have.

???????

Whether true or not, I have heard this advice flying around. It is supported by my personal observation that I am not capable of anything my host would not have been if she just thought about things a little differently.

Most hosts have tried creating a tulpa for sex?

Err, oops.

If you don't personality force, your tulpa will have more difficulty

[citation needed]. Cancerous mindset alert.

It's not cancerous if it is true. (reworded)

We might. The tulpa might. Are you form-shaming?!

I guess technically. I have nothing against head ghosts...

What's with this the subconscious the subconscious crap? What if the tulpa's personality, listen, grows on its own as the tulpa grows? Were you born with a personality or did your THE SUBCONSCIOUS pull out a complete personality out of its ass somehow? Why can't a tulpa choose their own form?

Theory. You need to substantiate that a tulpa grows on its own without influence, support or aid from your subconscious.

I was conceived without a personality. It subconsciously formed when my host gave me the freedom to make my own decisions.

My host was born without a personality. Through emergent process, the subconscious formed a personality in our body.

Why do you keep shoving your opinions and experiences down our throats as facts?

Because I am an amateur writer in need of guidance?

It could. It might not. It could also be extremely distracting.

Heh. Distracting. Heh.

Moving past the days when people thought you needed to force your tulpa naked or they'd never be able to take their clothes off, when have you ever run across a case where a tulpa's form distracted someone away from tulpaforcing?

No. Nope no no holy shit no. This. This is the you shoving your opinions and experiences down our throats as facts, and this one is malicious. Actively dangerous. Definite cancerous mindset here.

Not running off my experience here. I didn't get any PTSD at all from my relatively benign "history". But people keep telling me they had to go through that.

Oh no, the truth is gonna kill us all.

Tulpamancers certainly are pretty weak minded. They just create tulpas with PTSD out of belief. And anything they hear totally completely changes everything about how their tulpamancy works.

And honestly, trying to help these people? They never listen, because they usually are in it for the attention rather than actually trying to fix their issues.

Oh, sure. Half, no--eighty percent of the community is trolling.

Approach with a healthy mindset and understanding that these were just stories and not real memories or events that really happened, and make sure the tulpa understands it too.

Just believe hard enough. And it works automagically.

[/hidden]

middle:

[hidden]

Why does this line still exist?

... I added the word mostly. (Eh, I'll probably delete it)

Are you saying it isn't? Guess everyone using it for that is just plain wrong because meditation is a religious thing and these things aren't, right?

You're reading too much into my clumsy wording.

I know meditation has been secularised in some traditions. I don't know if it is being used as a tool for mood control and empowerment in all those schools.

Actually, not sure what you mean here. Like a video of a fireplace they use when they don't have a fireplace? Why at Christmas though I am confused.

Guess you never heard of them. Because they only stream on cable in the christmas season.

Do you? It's anecdotal, I guess.

Not anecdotal. Got it from pop science. You shouldn't trust everything that sounds scientific. But if this statement is wrong, it's because of flawed studies or reporting.

Do we have to know? Saying that the tulpas might like it more than the hosts or vice versa isn't completely useless, though. Does everything have to be about you?

Most things are not about me. What is the relevance of your comment there?

Was this so important you just had to tell us?

It's not important, silly. Did I make it sound important? It is just a side comment.

I would also make the suggestion of using other kinds of animals here, not just humans.

I'm sure people will do this. There is a reason why I used a stick figure here. Basically, it is what my host did. Also a reason why I mentioned it could be invisible. Didn't seem to impact the experience.

It's weird that you assume people don't already know how to do this

You read that in. (reworded)

You did not edit this at all. Just put some bullshit explanation about how you know the best and it's totally this thing you guise.

I carefully reviewed your argument and the text several times. And then I carefully reviewed it again.

But you're right. Couldn't find anything to edit.

Please actually read what I wrote about this exercise in the past how many posts if you want to keep it in your guide.

I'm keeping something like it in my guide. Maybe if your advice were less hard to parse. I can't decode the scientific, or factual, aspect of your argument.

This is all pretty weird considering that you wrote earlier that a tulpa might not want these things. You tend to contradict yourself a lot, I feel.

Aware of some of the contradictions.

This entire exercise is rhetorical. Do I have to label it more clearly? (its intention is to psych yourself up and guard against disappointment.)

What. [citation needed] also there's nothing esoteric about this as it's symbolism. This is so unnecessary. What are you smoking.

Possibly unnecessary. My host and I are permanently drug free. It's not symbolism, it's science. I think they call it a body map. Would have to check. Should have a question mark at the end of your question.

Is this actually true? Like are there studies?

I assume so. But you know how unreliable the news media are. And how they misreport studies all the time. (I heard this one from a radio show I think.)

Uh. Is this symbolism? It doesn't sound like it. Please stop presenting your opinions and experiences as facts in your guide.

I was going to say no, not symbolism, but it actually is there in its usage.

Not coming from my experience. Never experienced anything special there.

Also pretty sure witchcraft or following teachings of other religions goes against some religions.

It's one way compatibility.

When that happens, you may note that..you start to fall asleep.

Uhhh what

Please don't claim your opinions and personal experiences as facts.

This exercise is only for people who are experiencing this sort of thing. I completely and totally believe you never went through something like this.

No, your word doesn't really sound too good. It all still sounds very strange. Maybe a lead up, "if your tulpa has problems thinking and it feels like they're not quite strong as you…" or something to that effect?

It mystifies me how this sounds strange to you. You have a tulpa, right? It's like learning about a person who never learned the concept of legs, but still walks around.

Like, that's not a thinking difficulty. It's just being a young tulpa.

Not very scientific, that.

People who believe that usually aren't. What are you trying to say?

Why not in real life? I know, spaghetti and all, but it could happen.

You answer your own question.

I know some people do it IRL. What they end up doing is sitting at two different computers and chatting online.

So much spaghetti.

Figuratively. Not literally. Might want to make that pretty clear because you know. This isn't magic.

You are correct. I am using head as a metaphor for mind. But marking that in text would be a little odd.

[/hidden]

End:

[hidden]

Definitely more likely. But saying they can't do it is only going to make them not try.

The wording translates to younger tulpas may not be able to. The logical negation of all can is some can not.

water, food, sleeping

This is weird when it's in an exercise about how to fight off intrusive thoughts.

The first two control the side symptom of stress and the last improves control over your mind.

You probably mean like, drugs used for recreation? Definitely don't just cut all your drugs on your own as some might be necessary.

Other drugs can have negative effects too. Any drug could be causing a problem. Except pepto bismol. I think I heard that one does not enter your blood stream.

Uh, I think I need expert help to advise me on this exercise.

Even if you can't think of a way, they might think of a way. Maybe encourage that than saying they're stuck until x, even if they happen to end up being stuck until x. At least they will try and trying might lead to a breakthrough. Always encourage that.

I suppose you can do tactile signing. And tulpish may still work.

This seems more like material for that potential article about what a tulpa is. A lot of opinions and personal experiences presented as a fact.

You are correct, I compiled that section from testimonials of personal experience.

Does it? There's lots of people in the autism spectrum in these communities. They often are the opposite.

Counterfactual myth about autism.

uh

uhhhh

uhhhhhhhh?

Please rephrase into usable criticism.

Nice to know you have timed a sizable amount of different hosts and tulpas to get such statistics, right?

Nah, pure BS. Will fix. (when I figure out how)

Tuppers can keep themselves stable and active by doing things. Why should they only expect someone else to pay attention to them? Of course, it's not exactly healthy for a person to be alone and ignored, but I'm sure a tulpa can also figure out ways to not be ignored.

This advice only applies to tulpas who have not gotten to the point where they can sustain themselves or are otherwise prevented from doing so.

Oh good to know that this has been tested. You wouldn't want to claim that untested things are true, right?

No, I have not tested every single drug ever invented. Have I ever heard any anecdotal accounts of another drug helping in any way? No.

Why? [citation needed]

Protein is required for proper functioning of the brain. Increased water intake promotes lucidity and positive mood. Forget why the iron rich vegetables. Probably because they are more likely to be high in essential nutrients. Orange juice is vitamine rich. probably safe to exclude if it were not for vitamine C defficiency problems that may very rarely result. Onions and garlic are an interesting one. They induce passion in the eater, as well as being rather rich is some rather good chemicals. I believe passion helps in creating a tulpa. Red meat is just bad (as far as meat goes). Fish is higher in some chemicals believed to promote brain health. Wheat is probably the best food nutritionally in existence.

Oh man, the bibliography is going to be giant. It's going to take me months to compile.

sleep at noon

Why?

Personal experience. Great for forcing longer periods.

Again, we don't do hour/week/month/year counts and compare them to progress. Some people are slower, some people are faster. That's fine and it's normal. You shouldn't make people feel abnormal about something that is completely normal to them.

I think hour counts are a terrible waste of time.

Is this really common? First I've really heard of it. Like, sure, at this point they rarely are vocal, but can't say I've ever seen anyone say that something like this totally happened.

Extremely common. Perhaps I should reword. (reworded)

They could also have and do those before.

The stages are a fiction. Purely for organisational purposes. I recognise when this happens as the start of this stage.

This still exists, huh.

What is a primary thinker? The bolded line should not exist.

Genuine phenomenon gets documented in my guide. I still cannot believe you never experienced this. And it does make possession easier.

The primary thinker tends to have the ability to control who can move the body. And as a strange twist, whoever is controlling the body tends to slip into being the primary thinker. You can force a different arrangement though.

...and the rest should try to strengthen themselves like, asap.

Right. I'll get right on that. I'll parallel process perfectly. You know, there are a bunch of people on this site who seem to think that two thoughtforms thinking at the same time is an illusion. Where the heck did they get that idea?

Uh what. How would it be an unconscious suggestion if they are doing it consciously? Just because the host doesn't "hear" it doesn't make it something unconscious or coming from this mysterious THE SUBCONSCIOUS.

Yeah, some days, I'd be walking around, and my arm would do something unexpected. Upon reflection, my host had not taken possession back. But she just instinctively thought it would be a good idea. Then I did it. No conscious control on either of our parts.

Happens a bunch, but I've learned to guard against it. Maybe it doesn't happen to other tulpas ever.

Conscious eclipsing is also possible. Basically, the one being eclipsed needs to open themselves up to suggestion, and just do whatever occurs to them to do. Then the other person can implant suggestions in their mind. It is quite fun. But we haven't done it in a while.

Where's full body possession, yo. That's a term we use that you don't have anywhere here. Both of these are full body possession, though different levels of uh, body connection, I guess.

Regular possession is full body possession. That's just a fancy way of saying not partial possession. Body in that phrase is in fact redundant. You're not possesing anything else.

What is the state the tulpa is normally in?

Depends on the tulpa. I object to this usage as it implies there is something special about this state. However, it is the most common usage.

Might want to make a note that this is what .info usually means when using the word "switching" in this context.

I don't actually know what .info usually means in any context. I only know what the people I talk to say.

[/hidden]

Well, um.

Fixed some of it.

"In the main varieties of English from outside North America, practice is the noun, and practise is the verb. For instance, we would say that a doctor with a private practice practises privately. There is no such distinction in American English, where practice is both a noun and a verb, and practise is not used at all. Canadian English also favors practise as the verb, but practice appears with relative frequency as a verb (about a third as often as practise)." - Grammarist.com

As a United States-ian, practise looks ridiculously English to me. I would never write it willingly.

For the "Uhhh"'s, the wording is weird. Or at least, it's slightly weird, unless the tulpa and host don't have a specifically intimate relationship, in which case it's relatively weird. For example, the ever-useful example of normalcy Stevie and Chris, or even Lumi and Lucilyn pretending they were following your guide. Also "Stimulate your host's reward centre" is one of those things that sounds a lot weirder to others than it does to you. Can't assume everyone reading the guide will know what that means, or know how. I can't even imagine how I would've reacted if I was told to do that as a developing tulpa.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

Also "Stimulate your host's reward centre" is one of those things that sounds a lot weirder to others than it does to you.

Oh, good point. I'd have to explain my terminology. How would you word it?

I don't know exactly, because I don't feel comfortable telling someone to love someone.

"Tulpa, love your host. Make the time you spend together enjoyable. If they enjoy the time they spend with you, they'll be more motivated to keep doing so in the future."

or something like that. But only because you asked me.

Yes, don't tell people to just love others. Like, jesus. If someone just told you to love someone, would you? Could you? You won't love everyone, even if you wanted to. Sometimes it just doesn't go like that. Don't try to force people into it, only thing I can think of when I hear something like that is "that's fucked up".

And "stimulate your host's reward center" sounds like bullshit about you MANIPULATING THE BRAIN FOR REEL GUISE. If you meant to say entertain, say entertain. Not this.

Reminder that we only proofread things meant for .info. Your word choices make me think that you are just trying to use this service to change the parts you think are wrong and then post this elsewhere with the things we object to when this doesn't get approved, because you never planned on it getting approved. I can't force you to change it until it is approved and I can't stop you from posting this elsewhere, but if you are intentionally planning on not making this fit for tulpa.info, you're going to have to pay for this, okay?

I mostly read the parts you claimed to have reworded, as I can't read this from the start every time, unfortunately. I'll do a big read through when you make a big edit that you think fixes all the issues. Onto the talky bits.

Start

[hidden]

I am following the rule where short words go uncapitalized. You spotted the wrong error.

I assumed, because that way there actually were less errors, though looking at it now, "with" has been capitalized while I could have sworn it wasn't when I first read it. Anyway, in that case, look at words like "my", "it", "me" and even the, uh, "the". Possibly "man" if three and under is your limit and "versus" has been uncapitalized in all of the titles. Your guide's title, the "thoughtform family tree" and "tulpa development chart" parts haven't been edited to fit the rest of the title writing scheme.

Don't make me add a bibliography. You know I will.

If you have actual scientific research backing up your claims or a big enough study group (a hundred is very little, more is better but a hundred is definitely better than say, 5), go ahead. If you only have the word of a handful of people or things you write are something that maybe happened to you, you need to realize what they are: personal experiences that may or may not be the case always. Don't claim things are or happen, say they have happened or might happen, but there isn't enough data to say if that it's true and usually there is someone with the complete opposite experience somewhere. When we deal with the mind, expect the unexpected.

Not happy with that section (community). May bulldoze that section unless I can make it look better.

I would suggest to get rid of the community chapters, yes. They're extremely personal and biased looks (not to mention just plain out of place in a tulpa creation guide).

But it actually is. Tulpamancy is what it is called.

In your dreams, yes. Every time I see someone say "tulpamancy" outside the community (it happens, it's very cringeworthy), you know it's a newfag. You can help prevent its spread.

Wow, that is unusual. (practice/practise)

Learning English in tulpa.info. Same thing with licence/license, too, if you're using British English. Interesting facts?!

No, it was made at least three months ago that I can verify.

Okay, sure. Are you claiming it to be a staple, though? Because I have seen it used like a grand total of 1 time. I've seen the "plural" of tulpas "tulpalama" used more that this by that one person who tried to force it.

They already are. (the five traits) The redundancy is bothering me a bit.

Yes, there's some redundancy and such. I'd suggest you review those bits and see where you have the stronger presentation/wording. I liked what you did in that part.

Soulbond

The issue I had was with this wording:

Imagination. Professional fiction writers have a huge advantage over others if they attempt this endeavour. Soulbonds, a type of accidental tulpa, comes from writers getting carried away with building their characters.

Like, why even mention them? It's very out of place. Saying that writers might create accidental tulpas when they get too carried away with building their characters says the exact same thing without trying to use the term that really isn't used in tulpa.info all that much. And probably shouldn't be due to its extremely embarrassing origins. You can say what you tried to say much better without the term being all weird there, so why use it?

I don't understand why people feel belief is important to the process. Surely you don't think people don't talk about it? All the time?

Talk about the debate all you want. You say you don't think belief is important, yeah, sure. I don't think you need to start out believing and you definitely shouldn't blindly believe. But then you say things like this in the very same paragraph:

Honestly, it is rude to disbelieve in tulpas if you have one.

That basically says "but you have to believe though or it's like rude and such". You think you're saying something but saying something completely different. Something that actually seems to back up what you claim to not be needed.

You can't doubt if you don't try to believe anything. But a side point.

Sure. I would consider it ideal to not believe or trust anything you don't feel fine believing and trusting in, but also to not disbelieve anything when you don't have proof. This is something we agree on and I hope you have read my absence of disbelief text detailing this mindset.

But people aren't going to always be able to do that (especially when just in the last paragraph you told us that we basically have to believe or we're rude anyway). You can doubt trust. You tell us to do these things but we also should not question them. People will question. That is normal. They'll probably doubt. That is normal too. Not useful, but we can see that it happens to people. These people need help, not just telling "oh don't do it".

I'm glad I would never say this. (that doubt is bad) Also glad I never wrote it in my guide.

Honestly' date=' it is rude to disbelieve in tulpas if you have one. It is like a parent thinking their own child is not worth anything. The self esteem cost to the child alone is massive and tragic. [/quote']

Do not doubt your tulpa while forcing. This will definitely create problems. It will worsen the experience for both of you' date=' which tends to worsened results, and makes you less likely to keep up your schedule.[/quote']

You also have very good bits about how it's useless and how you won't really know what to believe in at first, so these things just are really bad! You could remove them and your message would be much better.

You are your unconscious thoughts.

No you aren't' date=' silly.[/quote']

uh

Your unconscious thought are the part of yourself you are not consciously aware of.

Are you reading what you're writing? No but yes?

I mean it literally. I know, not many people even think of literal and imaginary in the same sentence. But I have seen tulpamancers think, literally, that tulpas are imagination, and not real. They are made out of cognitive processes, literally. (Imagination is only a useful tool in getting a tulpa.)

I think you need a rewording if this is what you mean, it was unclear.

Using the word imagination there is also a bit weird. Like, "imagination" is imaginary but just because it is imaginary doesn't even mean it never happened. Sure, if I go for a swim in my imagination, it's not like I went for a real swim – but you can't claim that I didn't go for a swim in my imagination. The act of imagining it was real, if this makes any sense? Some people also use "real" to mean physical, in which case tulpas aren't physical unless they're currently using the body. But that also means us host folk aren't physical when we're using the body, you know?

Except for the cloth part. That translates to you have the same genetic code.

That is not at all what is translates to. I suggest not using vague phrases that can easily be taken to mean something completely different. Cut from the same cloth means you are similar, of same nature. To me your sentence implies the tulpa and I will have similar personalities, not that we are identical physically.

So they will have a personality you can imagine a close family member of you would have.
Whether true or not, I have heard this advice flying around. It is supported by my personal observation that I am not capable of anything my host would not have been if she just thought about things a little differently.

No like what is it supposed to even mean. The personalities of my close family members go all over the place. I have no idea what this is supposed to mean? It's absolutely meaningless to me.

It's not cancerous if it is true. (reworded)

If you don't personality force' date=' your tulpa will take more time to respond, talk, or do anything, really.[/quote']

But it is not true. Well, it's true in that it can happen. It's not true in that it will happen. There was a time in the community when skipping personality forcing was very popular and there weren't really any more issues than what people currently have.

50% chance of something happening, 80% chance of something happening, hell, even 99.99% chance of something happening doesn't mean it will happen, though. Saying it will is cancerous, because it implants this thought in their mind that it is going to happen and either makes them have a more difficult time if they go with what they wanted to go with or are forced to abandon their way and use methods they didn't want to.

Theory. (about THE SUBCONSCIOUS pulling personalities and such out of its ass if you don't create one)

Don't put your theories down as a fact. Nowhere did you state "I have a theory that…", you said "this happens".

You need to substantiate that a tulpa grows on its own without influence, support or aid from your subconscious.

Buddy. That ain't how it works. You can't claim a thing and then ask others for proof when they challenge your claims. The burden of proof is on you. (by the way, THE SUBCONSCIOUS as you treat it has not been scientifically proven, either)

Why do you keep shoving your opinions and experiences down our throats as facts?

Because I am an amateur writer in need of guidance?

Then please, please listen and think long and hard why I keep objecting to you doing this thing only for you to go UM EXCUSE ME BUT I THINK THIS AND I'M NOT CHANGING IT.

Moving past the days when people thought you needed to force your tulpa naked or they'd never be able to take their clothes off, when have you ever run across a case where a tulpa's form distracted someone away from tulpaforcing?

Sure. How about yours truly right here?

No, not because the tupper was naked. I study anatomy and have drawn plenty of naked models after staring at them in real life, there's nothing wrong with naked human beings in my eyes. But you see, I found having to visualize something while narrating things was extremely distracting and that hurt my concentration. I was lucky that the guide that told you to narrate to a BALL OF LIGHT or something wasn't the only one or I might have stopped with it because it felt like I wasn't getting anything done following this method. Saying it is the only method will only hurt people like me who weren't able to do it.

But people keep telling me they had to go through that. (PTSD from backstories)

Sure, it can happen. Often because neither the hosts nor the tulpas handled the situation well during creation, which is why you should put some effort into detailing that if you care about their well-being.

Tulpamancers certainly are pretty weak minded. They just create tulpas with PTSD out of belief. And anything they hear totally completely changes everything about how their tulpamancy works.

This is the mind. And the mind of us human beings is very powerful. I am sure you have heard of placebo. Feed a person a pill that is just sugar but tell them it's medicine that will heal them, and if they believe it, they will be healed. Scientifically proven.

Just like nocebo, the negative brother of placebo. Say that the pill is poison instead and they will feel the effects even though there is nothing that could hurt them here. So yes, if you say x will happen, many people will have x happen to them, because they trust your words and you have implanted this mindset into them. It won't work for all, but people who don't know better are looking at you for guidance. If I looked up to you and believed your words, I would consider every single person who makes a tulpa with a backstory a horrible monster for forcing them to go through PTSD despite knowing better.

You know, talking about real PTSD here too that requires therapy and not tumblr PTSD where you get PTSD for someone spritzing your face with water or not tagging pomegranates as gore.

Oh, sure. Half, no--eighty percent of the community is trolling.

80% of the people in this community have tuppers with backstories and ended up getting PTSD, gotcha.

Approach with a healthy mindset and understanding that these were just stories and not real memories or events that really happened, and make sure the tulpa understands it too.
Just believe hard enough. And it works automagically.

Yes I'm sure that you have never heard of how people can tackle their issues by trying to understand them, especially when the issue is all in their minds. How silly of me, it's not like you can get over your fears by first understanding what it is (the unknown is scarier) and realizing that there is nothing to be afraid of and that you are overreacting. No you're just doomed to failure and PTSD and everything, nothing we can do here ever, guess therapy is completely useless in every way because our minds can't affect the outcome of our lives in any way.[/hidden]

Middle

[hidden]

... I added the word mostly. (Eh, I'll probably delete it)(meditation being religious)

You should. It's out of place.

You're reading too much into my clumsy wording.

Is that my fault or the fault of your clumsy wording?

I know meditation has been secularised in some traditions. I don't know if it is being used as a tool for mood control and empowerment in all those schools.

Hardly matters what some schools or traditions think. People use it as a tool for exactly this. Are they wrong? (honestly everyone I ever see practice meditation does it exactly for these reasons, but I also don't hang around with religious people so I'm probably missing that side of it. Still, it doesn't mean the side I see doesn't exist, while you seem to try to ignore them because…?)

Guess you never heard of them. Because they only stream on cable in the christmas season.

They don't waste channels for that kind of stuff here, no. But DVDs and Bluerays of them exist. There's also aquariums and stuff? Off-topic now wow.

Not anecdotal. (yawning and alertness etc) Got it from pop science. You shouldn't trust everything that sounds scientific. But if this statement is wrong, it's because of flawed studies or reporting.

It has not been scientifically proven, yes. People have claimed that it happens, that is anecdotal. So, it is still anecdotal until it is properly tested.

Most things are not about me. What is the relevance of your comment there?

It's not important, silly. Did I make it sound important? It is just a side comment.

Your need to mention how you did something or felt something is very distracting when reading this guide, as it doesn't add much and looks like you're needy for attention. This is basically the point where it got so annoying I had to point it out after reading your whole guide in one go.

I would also make the suggestion of using other kinds of animals here, not just humans.
I'm sure people will do this. There is a reason why I used a stick figure here. Basically, it is what my host did. Also a reason why I mentioned it could be invisible. Didn't seem to impact the experience.

Probably. Does it hurt to add in your exercise if you think it would be helpful? Especially if they grow tired of the exercise, they could breathe new life to it by changing the shape of the runner. Maybe the original one was humanoid and the new one is more dog-like for an entirely different moveset? You are trying to give people ideas, yeah?

Like sure, you don't have to, but…

I carefully reviewed your argument and the text several times. And then I carefully reviewed it again.

But you're right. Couldn't find anything to edit. (THE SUBCONSCIOUS talk)

What I have stated before:

Modern psychologists do not refer to it ("the subconscious") as such ("the subconscious") – if they do, you want to ask them what they mean with that and proceed based on their response.

What do you mean with "THE SUBCONSCIOUS"? Why would you not use "unconscious thoughts", if this is what you mean?

"Subconscious" as a term means nothing due to people redefining it and meaning different things. It's why it's no longer really used in more scientific texts.

Basically, it is not a scientific term and it means nothing. Saying that it's "the" subconscious also makes it something mysterious and other.

I also said this:

THE SUBCONSCIOUS is not a separate entity which you seem to treat it as. This is the new age-y bit.

And you said this:

Don't go thinking it is an actual person or whatever.

However, you also said this, which is contradicting:

Your subconscious is as dumb as bricks. (you say this sentence twice in this chapter by the way) To use a metaphor, you either need a lot of nails, or a really big hammer, to get anything through to your subconscious.

…it will automatically occur to your subconscious that this tulpa stuff is important to you, and it will help.

Your subconscious does not speak human text. So you can't give it the instruction in plain English. (also pretty sure most THE SUBCONSCIOUS fanatics do use plain words trying to influence it. We do use plain words to influence ourselves in trance and such when doing hypnosis, why wouldn't it work in this case?)

Make it so your subconscious will have an overwhelming empathy response.

You are definitely treating this THE SUBCONSCIOUS as a thing, which it is not. At least, it has never been proven to be something like this. Keep in mind that Freud was the one who made the term popular and he was wrong about oh, everything and his models are no longer used. He wasn't wrong about us having unconscious thoughts and them shaping us and you know, being a part of us, but he wasn't the first one to come up with the idea.

Who knows what you really mean, but it doesn't read good. Here's some pictures to maybe help explaining what exactly is wrong, complete with amazing mouse-written text.

How you make it sound, whether you mean it or not (you certainly seem like you mean it):

auKpQSK.png

What it should read like:

YLQBVRl.png

You make it separate. But it's not. Our unconscious thoughts, memories, dreams, fears, likes and dislikes make us – and when things stop being conscious, they become unconscious, but they don't have to stay unconscious if we think about them.

If we want to stop being an embarrassing pseudo-scientific community that is a laughingstock of the rest of the world, we really should stop using pseudo-scientific terms that aren't used in modern day psychology but are used in new age make believe.

I'm keeping something like it in my guide. Maybe if your advice were less hard to parse. I can't decode the scientific, or factual, aspect of your argument.

You can keep something like your THE SUBCONSCIOUS exercise in the guide, yes. As it is right now, I will never approve it, however. This was my suggestion a long time ago:

Yes, there's symbolism. No, I don't care that it has symbolism. Is what I say not clear or are you just not reading?

Symbolism is fine and dandy. If your entire guide was symbolism it would be an issue, but this is a list of various exercises, some of which might very well be symbolism. I feel that in your other symbolism exercises, you have made it quite clear that we are just imagining things and seeing where it goes. In THE SUBCONSCIOUS exercise, you make THE SUBCONSCIOUS into this super special entity with your words, which it is not.

As symbolism and self hypnosis and such, yes, it's effective! I don't even believe in THE SUBCONSCIOUS as a separate entity bullshit yet I've gotten some interesting results treating it as such. But I think that in this exercise, you need to start with "imagine that all your unconscious thoughts and feelings have formed a separate entity we will now refer to as the subconscious" or something like that.

This entire exercise is rhetorical. Do I have to label it more clearly? (its intention is to psych yourself up and guard against disappointment.)

The answer to "do I have to label it more clearly" is always yes when you are writing a guide. If it can be misunderstood, it will, at some point.

Possibly unnecessary. (body image) My host and I are permanently drug free. It's not symbolism, it's science. I think they call it a body map. Would have to check. Should have a question mark at the end of your question.

It's not even a question, it is an exasperated statement because I don't even.

Anyway, definition of a body map:

A blank schematic diagram of the front and back of a generic person—which may be anatomically correct—used clinically to document the location of lesions—lacerations, bruises, rashes, etc.—for future reference. Similar schematic diagrams are used to document changes at post-mortem examinations

So probably not that. The objectionable parts in your text are:

> It (body image) is super closely connected to identity by default. (I don't think everyone connects their body image to their identity)

>By toying with the idea of changing this body image, we are reaching deep into the esoteric arts, and doing things no person is supposed to do. (this should be obvious like, what are you even talking about?)

I assume so. But you know how unreliable the news media are. And how they misreport studies all the time. (I heard this one from a radio show I think.)

If you present something as a fact, you don't have the luxury of assuming. Fact checking is something you have to do. If you don't, then you can't present it as a fact. A quick Googling showed me nothing.

"Soul" is not scientific. Don't claim people have souls when it has not been proven.

The Dark Arts exercise still has to go.

This exercise is only for people who are experiencing this sort of thing. I completely and totally believe you never went through something like this.

Then say it. Say who it is meant for.

It mystifies me how this ("primary thinking") sounds strange to you. You have a tulpa, right? It's like learning about a person who never learned the concept of legs, but still walks around.

Yes, I have a tulpa. Five years old this summer.

Do you know why I talk a lot about mindsets? Back in the early days when I joined the community and started this whole thing, tuppers were not only seen as equals to us hosts in their mental capabilities, but even superior in many ways. "More connected" and "capable" because they were being of the mind rather than beings so closely connected to the physical world, so they were believed to have an edge over us. I abandoned the thoughts of "superiority" pretty fast, but the funny thing?

The early tuppers definitely were very capable and strong, even when young. The idea that they wouldn't be able to think on their own once developed was completely foreign and so, none of the tuppers actually were like that until later on when the illusion of strength was broken, perhaps. Because my (and the tupper's, one could assume) mindset was that the tupper doesn't need me, maybe that's why he doesn't need me in the way you describe, never has. That's the power of our mindsets.

It won't happen to every young tulpa, what you claim. It might happen to some, perhaps even most. This is what you want to make obvious, because stating it will happen will create bad mindsets. We don't need to create overly positive and false ones (tuppers are stronger and more capable!!!) but we can definitely create ones that are truthful (a young tulpa might have trouble thinking on their own, but they definitely don't have to be like this and it is not the ideal end state, so effort should be put into overcoming such issues).

People who believe that usually aren't (scientific). What are you trying to say?

That tulpa.info is a scientific community.

You answer your own question.

I know some people do it IRL. What they end up doing is sitting at two different computers and chatting online.

So much spaghetti.

But why can't you write that they could also do it in real life, if they choose to? Rather than saying IRC is the only option? You shouldn't choose for people.

You are correct. I am using head as a metaphor for mind. But marking that in text would be a little odd.

Not really. How about this:

>You are about to let someone else into your head – figuratively.[/hidden]

End

[hidden]

The wording translates to younger tulpas may not be able to. The logical negation of all can is some can not.

What you wrote is that older tulpas "can" (not will, which is fine) help with intrusive thoughts etc, and that "the same cannot be said about younger tulpas". You can say "oh I meant this" all you want, but it's not at all obvious from your text. It reads like "young tulpas can't do it".

The first two control the side symptom of stress and the last improves control over your mind.(distraction exercise vs. intrusive thoughts)

Let's look at your exercise:

Intrusive thoughts usually get worse until you are so exhausted you can't give them attention any more. Hopefully, this exercise will speed the process.

1) Prepare an activity that requires your full attention.

2) When an intrusive thought appears, switch to that activity and do not stop.

3) If it is still there after, run until you can't think straight. (experimental.)

4) Drink plenty of water and eat comfort food, and increase your sleeping hours. Cut all drugs from your diet and add them back only with doctor supervision.

It is and exercise with clear steps. If you are having issues with this, do 1, then 2, then try 3. Sure. And then you tell us to drink plenty of water and eat comfort food. It is not a part of the exercise. It should not be a step in the exercise. It should be moved elsewhere and not be here.

Other drugs can have negative effects too. Any drug could be causing a problem. Except pepto bismol. I think I heard that one does not enter your blood stream.

Sure. Any drug could be causing problems.

But you do not tell people to cut off their medication without consulting a medical professional. Like jesus. This is dangerous and could kill a person, don't you see how bad your advice is?

I suppose you can do tactile signing. And tulpish may still work.

There's many ways we might not even be thinking about, because we never were there. Always remind people that there are routes none of us have even seen before.

You are correct, I compiled that section from testimonials of personal experience.

Probably not something you should be having in your guide, especially not when you don't say what it is (testimonials of personal experience) and present it more as a fact.

Counterfactual myth about autism. (and empathy)

It's not exactly a myth. It certain doesn't mean all people in the autism spectrum are like this (hence why I didn't say all are like that), but empathy does require you to be able to read other people to be able to know how they are feeling. And such social cues can often go right over a person with this condition.

I'd say that the people in this community are overemotional rather than "overly empathic".

This advice only applies to tulpas who have not gotten to the point where they can sustain themselves or are otherwise prevented from doing so.

Then please state who it is meant for instead of just saying "this happens".

No, I have not tested every single drug ever invented. Have I ever heard any anecdotal accounts of another drug helping in any way? No.

So lemme get this straight. Because you haven't heard of other drugs being used for this, it means everything else is either useless or harmful? Are you really thinking what you write through?

About diet: yes, definitely cite your sources and do look on both sides of the issue, not only the studies that back you up. Something like wheat for example, is currently very controversial (low carb diets were just a fad and gluten is now the devil). There really are studies going both ways, saying that wheat (whole wheat only, really) is good and ones that say it can be safely skipped or should be skipped.

And do make a note that you are not a nutritional expert. People are very dumb when it comes to fad diets and they follow whatever even if it kills them, if it "sounds like it makes sense". Fad diets have killed people. Always remember allergies and intolerances. People sensitive to gluten must exclude wheat and other products that have similar gluten from their diets, for example. Or they will be having a very bad time.

Not sure if this really is something that should be in a tulpa guide, though.

Personal experience. Great for forcing longer periods. (sleeping at noon)

If it is your personal experience, state it. Do not treat it as a fact.

You also are extremely ignorant thinking that everyone has the same schedule like you, so your explanation doesn't actually help us use your tip in any way. Many people are at work or at school at noon, unable to nap. A person who came home at 6am after a night shift sure would be sleeping at noon, but not taking a nap like you.

Why was it good? Why did you sleep at noon? Was it before you forced? After you forced? In between? What was the logic behind it? How can we use this tip when our schedules are different?

I think hour counts are a terrible waste of time.

Just like saying you need to have x amount of progress in y amount of years or you should SEEK HELP.

Extremely common. Perhaps I should reword. (reworded)

While in your reword it doesn't quite read like it will happen, it might be good to remind people that it might not happen. Because it certainly doesn't happen to everyone.

And it does make possession easier.(being the "primary thinker")

To you, maybe. To some who buy into this mindset and use it as symbolism, maybe. But do not claim it as a fact because it is a negative one (read: if you are not a "primary thinker", you will have harder time possessing, when this is untrue)

The primary thinker tends to have the ability to control who can move the body. And as a strange twist, whoever is controlling the body tends to slip into being the primary thinker. You can force a different arrangement though.

Can you please not try to bring such bad mindsets from other communities into tulpa.info, thanks. We don't want something this bad to spread and make people think it is normal and that it will happen to them, because it is us who then have to try to get them out of that slump.

You know, there are a bunch of people on this site who seem to think that two thoughtforms thinking at the same time is an illusion. Where the heck did they get that idea?

Who knows. Their own experiences. Just like how you get the idea that there is a "primary thinker" who has the ability to decide who moves the body and such. Crazy talk, amirite?

Regular possession is full body possession. That's just a fancy way of saying not partial possession. Body in that phrase is in fact redundant. You're not possesing anything else.

Unfortunately, possession alone does not have the distinction. If a tulpa would be writing this message, for example, they could say they were possessing whether they were only moving the hands or the entire body. Hence why there are terms "partial possession" and "full body possession". You have a strange habit of bringing in words from other communities or claiming that words you use are widely accepted, but then you snuff out actual terms this community uses?

Depends on the tulpa. ("state of the tulpa") I object to this usage as it implies there is something special about this state.

Then don't use it. We both object to its usage, it's poorly worded and implies things neither of us want to imply. So why imply it?

I don't actually know what .info usually means in any context. I only know what the people I talk to say.

How about listening to me then, as the self-appointed anti switching redefiner enforcer. At this point it might as well be the only reason why I'm in GAT.[/hidden]

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

It won't happen to every young tulpa, what you claim. It might happen to some, perhaps even most. This is what you want to make obvious, because stating it will happen will create bad mindsets. We don't need to create overly positive and false ones (tuppers are stronger and more capable!!!) but we can definitely create ones that are truthful (a young tulpa might have trouble thinking on their own, but they definitely don't have to be like this and it is not the ideal end state, so effort should be put into overcoming such issues).

It's too bad you don't actively participate elsewhere on the forum. I don't know how many people get this concept as well as you. Some think they do, at least in that it can happen, but then they don't even think about what they think and how it may affect people in this manner. But I guess you did your part with those 2000 posts already, and can participate to whatever extent you want now. I appreciate your position on the GAT at least, though it might not be quite as actively contributing your ideas to current-day members it at least feels like you're keeping the integrity of Tulpa.info's "backbone" in check.

Mind you for the thousandth time that we still consider the miscommunication on our definitions of switching a miscommunication. As far as I'm concerned they're the same, ours just doesn't require the wonderland to be used explicitly as opposed to other mindspace-places. And that's because we as 'tulpas' weren't raised with a wonderland. I'm sure if we were, we would use it to switch, but as it stands it's just inconvenient to us. I bring this up because I know you'll probably read what I said about the concept of influencing others and thinking of how you do it as directly contradicting ourselves. Just noting that it's absolutely no exception, and we've paid careful attention to how we define switching since our talks on your IRC.

Though I won't bother trying to rectify that miscommunication itself here, just didn't want to look hypocritical. Because your definition of switching is exactly ours if you don't use the word wonderland, we fully agree with however you enforce it, so I suppose (for Tulpa) you can take this as affirmation that he knows what he's talking about with the definitions of switching and possession. And yes, unfortunately (for you?) "partial possession" is not the primary term, it's just possession. Possessing the hands alone is called possession. Possessing the entire body so that the tulpa is effectively in physical control is full-body possession. I still find people who full-body possess for weeks on end a mystery, but the tulpa's "state" shouldn't change as far as I know while possessing in any form. I suppose at best they may enter a trance-like state (as far as their mind-presence is concerned) to more immerse themselves in (long term?) control of the body, but I don't think at any point the host or tulpa's state of mind changes much. Maybe a "leaning-forward" and "leaning-backward" effect, but I can't say for sure, because we never went that far with possession.