Tulpa sentience discussion

Aurora

Guest Anonymous

People use the terminology available in an attempt to explain their experiences. There's nothing to claim. There's very little objective data, aside from brain activity; hardly anything to discuss, is there?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sharing each-others opinions/points of view and discussing whether these can fit together ?

If we think this way, there is almost never anything to discuss am I wrong?

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

I suggest not giving a fuck. Knowing what we are does not change what we are, so if the answer gives strife, then why bother? While Doc is confident in the existence of tulpas due to some overcomplicated psychology and neurology shit that I'm sure he could explain but is too lazy to do it, I meanwhile don't care. If I do exist, that's awesome, but if I don't, it's not like I'm around to care that I don't exist.

So instead, I just spend my time hedonistically doing whatever I please in the wonderland, though I do like to help Doc with whatever he needs.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

People use the terminology available in an attempt to explain their experiences. There's nothing to claim. There's very little objective data, aside from brain activity; hardly anything to discuss, is there?

Maybe the original slogan of this site should have been "For Philosophy!" instead of "For Science!" (:

Aurora, didn't you miss the last post on page 1? :3

Aurora, didn't you miss the last post on page 1? :3

I saw it, I just didn't feel I can say much to that. Lets see... I guess the problem with people trying to claim there are multiple people inside their head based on their behavior as they switch, is that it is indistinguishable from faking it. Neuroplasticity has been shown to occur, but the question is how much can a human brain rewrite itself. Is there a limit, and if so, is a scientifically verifiable sentient and independent tulpa within or outside that limit. Maybe anyone saw some relevant papers that tested the limits of neuroplasticity?

That is an excellent example of something I feel the community skips over with some frequency. Yes, a tulpa fronting is indistinguishable from someone faking a tulpa. But the relative odds of the person faking are quite low compared to the odds of the person not faking. So the evidence is still viable. Unless when checking those odds, you discover the person in question is a pathological liar or something.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

If a person is essentially in all manners a different person reliably and consistently when switched, identification wise they're a different person. Legally they will always be one person no matter what, which is how it should be. You can try and stop someone from believing they can "be multiple people", but if they already are all you can do is be in denial. They're still for all intents and purposes a different person when switched, assuming the system's got switching down well.

I can assure you it's very possible to have utterly independent "personalities" with entirely different thought patterns (ways of thinking) and the like. And unfortunately, deluded as many are, "you" are nothing more than a personality. Legally "you" are your body. A different personality is a different person in the sense of who you are in effect, but it's really up to the individual to decide just how separate a person someone who's switched is from their host. (IE Respecting their desire to have their own body/not be associated with their host's, stuff like that)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This reminds me of a topic that occured a while ago, where I basically said "I'm not my body" and the thread ended pretty badly D: