Visualization vs Dreaming

Romm

So there's basically 2 things I mistook eachother with for some time. Visualization is when I "draw" or "see" a thing with my eyes, even thought there's nothing and it's treated as key element to tulpaforcing.

Dreaming or daydreaming is when I "imagine things in my mind", I don't really see them, but I know what they look or feel like and so on. I also tended to do it a lot in early sessions, when I had only vague idea what visualization meant to be.

I'm much more prone with dreaming, since I'm done it my whole life so I wonder if anyone successfully completed tulpa with dreaming instead of visualization and how does it feel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoughtform#Modern_perspective

'I say 'soul making' Soul as distinguished from an Intelligence- There may be intelligences or sparks of divinity in millions- but they are not souls until they acquire identities, till each one is personality itself'

-John Keats, 1819

How exactly is daydreaming not visualization? You're using your mind's eye to see what isn't there. Unless I have some ridiculously overpowered mind's eye, I don't understand why it's not the same thing.

I was under the impression that it just takes time to climb the ladder. When I first started visualizing her with my mind's eye, I could only get 2 (I don't understand how somebody could get 1), then it quickly progressed to 4, then slows down at 5 and 6. But I don't do that "tracing and drawing" thing.

Well, as for your actual question, I've personally never heard of anyone doing the visualization process entirely through dreams, but it could work. There would still probably be some work to do outside of dreams, but the dreams would launch you forward.

Well I don't feel like I'm progressing with actual visualization at all and that 'seeing through first person view' generally hard, maybe it's lack of experience though.

I don't think it matters whether you view it from first person or third person. It's all the same thing.