Question about Servitors

Curiousguy

Hi there !

So i recently found out about the phenomenon of the existence of Servitors which appeard to me in the first moment as interesting but pretty useless until i got an idea for the usage of these from which i do not konw if she is convertible what brings me to my question. Would it be possible to make a servitor for solving math problems (that functions with speed simillar to a  pocket calculator) or calculating other things such as the best move in a game of chess ? I might overestimate the theoretical possibilitys with an servitor. 

I appreciate every answer to my question.

We didn't make any (yet?) so I'm not the expert for that, but among what I red about servitors, I only saw things like "auto-walking" or other physical things, that don't require much "brain power".

I would be surprised if it was possible to make a maths servitor, but well, if someone already has, please tell us !

I will never be willing to be mean. Please tell me if I was, or if my English was wrong.

I always want to learn, and understand more things !

Floh is my "host"

Servitor can be made to do tasks, but unless you had the servitor learn math it isn't really capable of anything you yourself are incapable of.

Usually with more complex stuff you would need a lot of servitor and they would all need to be programmed. Think of an army of waiters instead of a "master waiter". One to put drinks on a tray, one to clean the tables, one to carry the tray, one to take the orders, and so on. They are more a programmed motor than thinkers. For example to decide what the best chess move was they would need to be able to judge which requires thinking or programming to judge it against. It could be done but it seems like more work than it was worth.

We have a servitor that acts as a personal radio to everyone playing music from memory. We also know people who have servitor for walking and other manual tasks that are not complex at all but just time consuming. They are usually pretty clumsy at it too.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

Never made a servitor, but we do know about math programming. It involves tables. (I assume you want decimal.)

Addition table:

200x200http://www.mathatube.com/images/addtab_1_.gif[/img]

Except it should go from zero to nine. Same table can be used for addition and subtraction.

A second copy is needed for (one more than two digits added together) basically, 9+9+1=19, 2+3+1=6, 7+4+1=12.

A slider method can also be used. Basically you have a two sticks with the numbers 0-19 on it. You push the second stick until zero overlaps with your first input, and the number which overlaps with your second is the answer.

6+7:

6  0  <--first input six
7  1
8  2
9  3
10  4
11  5
12  6
13  7 <-- answer is 13
14  8
15  9

Multiplication table:

200x200http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/computer/multiplication-tables/times-table-10x10.gif[/img]

Again, should go from zero to nine.

A multidigit addition works as several single digit additions in a pattern:

'abcd
+efgh
-------
   DH  <-use standard addition
  CG   <-standard or plus one, depending on value of D
 BF
AE
------
AEFGH     

This is a one step accumulator. You need this as a substep for multidigit mutliplication:

bcd
  *fgh
-------
'    DH
'   CH0
'  BH00
'   DG0
'  CG00
' BG000
'  DF00
' CF000
+BF0000<--  add these results all together with the accumulator.
------

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Do you think you could teach this to a servitor, like a PC program ?!

I will never be willing to be mean. Please tell me if I was, or if my English was wrong.

I always want to learn, and understand more things !

Floh is my "host"

Do you think you could teach this to a servitor, like a PC program ?!

I think it is possible. Complex servitors can be programmed with real programming laungages like a program in computer.