No friends? No problem?

OceanStrider

Hihihi, I was just wondering if anyone without any friends made a tulpa and how that made them feel? Did it feel that big ol' cold, gaping void in the core of your being or do you still need to interact with a people now and again? Or maybe you were one of those lucky few that don't need no peoples to feel fine :)

tumblr_momjd0NfhW1r2en1ko1_500.gif

This is a sad question.

Everybody needs human interaction unless they're insane.

I don't trust people so I don't make friends. People don't like me so they avoid me. I don't have friends so I feel lonely.

I hope a tulpa can help fix that.

Which is something I aspire to do, and perhaps experience life in the process.

I don't see why this needed to be asked.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

I suppose I kind of have. I did and do currently have one friend, but she's an online friend and while we are pretty close, her being a few thousand miles away only allows for a certain degree of intimacy.

But otherwise, yes. Meti has done a wonderful job of filling the gaping void in my heart. I feel significantly less dead inside with her around.

Doc: Childhood friend turned servitor gone rogue turned host who's bad at feeling emotions.

Meti: Overly lewd Tupper.

CT, who is also called Jeremy: Original personality whose default emotion is anger.

This is a sad question.

Everybody needs human interaction unless they're insane.

I don't trust people so I don't make friends. People don't like me so they avoid me. I don't have friends so I feel lonely.

I hope a tulpa can help fix that.

Which is something I aspire to do, and perhaps experience life in the process.

I don't see why this needed to be asked.

I'm sure you don't, that's why you didn't ask it. I'm still very curious about the whole thing and want to see if its right for me, have done for years. Some people are happy in their own company, I most certainly am not. Clearly some people are happy with just their tulpas, and I know some who are happy without anybody.

tumblr_momjd0NfhW1r2en1ko1_500.gif

Tulpas can definitely help with loneliness. Tulpas cannot take the place of other humans in your life entirely, because in the end they're still part of you, but the "other perspective" effect and their ability to use your own mind in ways you didn't know how or didn't want to can go a long way. There's a lot of potential "people" you could be/could've been in your mind, things you've learned over your whole life but forgot or decided not to make part of "you". Apparently somewhere in my mind, I knew how to see the world as a better place than I thought it was, because Reisen did just fine and thereafter helped me see more like her.

But they aren't another human. In some people they can stave off loneliness indefinitely, in most they can decrease the amount of interaction people feel like they need. Some consider them totally separate (which they kind of are). But even if they do give you that feeling, remember you can't technically get the same experience with social skills and general unexpectedness as you would otherwise. And they can be unexpected, but you'd have the same problem if the only person you interacted with was the only person you interacted with. The implied "And also some interaction with others" is important. But unless you're in a strange scenario, that shouldn't end up being much of a problem.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Before I created her I almost had no friends. Friends is not a necessity in my life, but I had social frustration, difficult with socialization. Well, one day I felted that I needed someone at my side, so I created her. She fill the gap totally and more, made me feel things that I never had felt in my life; Taught me many things... Made me more social too. But I want to say something, having a tulpa is having a friend, because he is a person in my vision. So no problem in my opinion. But I still talk to other people, it is normal anyways, but with no necessity.

Honestly, I had very few friends, and those were only online- I have no friends in real life. I could have made some, but I suppose in a way I didn't see them as "worth" it as much as I wouldn't be worth theirs. Not that they weren't wonderful people, but that that bond wouldn't benefit either party. It bugged me before, but I'd gotten over it even prior to Tulpamancy.

That said, Tulpamancy didn't fill a void, per se, but it is an amazing feeling unlike any other. One that I wouldn't trade for the world. There's this special kind of bond that doesn't replace outside bonds by any means, but instead creates a new one you could never imagine with anyone else. In a way, it spoils you in ways friends couldn't.

I will say I'd be perfectly happy having nothing but my tulpas around, more than likely. But that's just my introvert side talking.

Hiya. Member of the Horrible Hosts Club (HHC). If you wanna learn about my system, here's my PR.

Think about it this way: when you put people in jail, they're stuck in a cement box with violent criminals and no rights. And still, the worst thing you can do for a prisoner mentally is putting them in solitary confinement for extended periods of time. This should tell you how important being social is to functioning in general.

I bet if someone spent time with only their tulpas for too long, they'd emerge from that even weirder than they were to begin with. Even though being social conventionally and talking with a tulpa are both like, feedback loops, I don't think one can effectively replace the other.

We're all gonna make it brah.

I am a person who had no friends who ended up making a tulpa. The question does not motivate me emotionally. I also happen to know that I am one of the few people who could survive long winters with no outside contact whatsoever completely sane. This simply is not important to me. Not so long as I can study things and work on my stories.