Introvertive vs. Extrovertive 'Mancers

Radio Hiss

Extrovert seems correct for me because it's ekstrovertti in Finnish :D

But in any case, I'm introverted as are 3 of my 4 tulpas. Desmond is the only extroverted one. I once felt really bad about it because I was feeling like not interacting with people outside of our system at all while he was pretty much dying to do exactly that.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extrovert seems correct for me because it's ekstrovertti in Finnish :D

Lumi seems to be in the minority on this one lol.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Introvert here with ten tulpas. Most of them weren't planned however, and I didn't have the heart to ignore them either. For the last year, I've only been talking to Reah (my first) on a regular basis, but I still visit the others every week or so to catch up and hang out.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Re: This https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/the-difference-between-extraversion-and-extroversion/

Edit: What in the world... http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=extravert I literally just used this site to check etymology, and now that I've linked it, it and all related words have no definition. Google itself shows results for extraversion, extrovert, extroversion, but when I click them nothing shows up. ???

Psychologists spell it extravert. Extrovert is the preferred popular spelling now because lazy people heard "introvert" a lot and wanted to say "extrovert", which is honestly a really stupid word, because extra-vert means to turn outward. Intro-vert means to turn inside. Extro-vert means literally nothing.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I don't think it's that big of a deal o_o

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

The host is an extravert, and there are only a few of us. He doesn't have any difficulties spending time with us or anything like that, so I think we're rather close. And yeah, extrovert sounds wrong because it's wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to knock down the number of them for the sake of peace of mind. As someone who's pretty darn introverted, I am used to having a lot of my own space, and the mindspace being 'invaded' was, while interesting, also way uncomfortable.

I was not a little bit freaked out when my tulpas started arising, but that was also because I was afraid I was going crazy, even though I had heard of the concept before.

I've tried to lean towards ambivert in my own life. I think these things are flexible. (and I also think being "drained" or "energized" depends heavily on what people you are interacting with)

These are ranked by how close I am to them, first being very, last being not much.

Gaster (Issstedl) is extremely introverted, but he has tons more emotional turmoil over it (he can't decide if his backstory caused him to withdraw further from his already somewhat introverted state, and then was isolated forcibly so now craves social contact more)

Toriel is pretty introverted (in-story, she spent hundreds of years by herself. I thought this was indicative of either a hardcore introvert, or someone dedicated to a monk lifestyle- it ended up being a little of both)

Gorthorn is extroverted.

Tulip is outgoing, but also has had her own enforced isolation (actually two, since she is a fused tulpa) that she had to work through.

Amberwing is introverted, but not overly so.

Alexee is introverted *and* socially anxious.

Rain has also been forced to adapt to pseudo-isolation (of the emotional kind, mostly), and due to his circumstances it's impossible to tell what he "originally" was.

Woodwindwhistler on www.asexuality.org

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. -Eric Hoffer

"We can never achieve perfection, but maybe we can approach it asymptotically. Never give up on plugging in those numbers!" ~Me

You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note. –Doug Floyd

My poetry: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5qMnL2tDkJYOGNhLW4tRHFHa0E&usp=sharing

You know, it is a little funny. My host is one of those people I'd say one person is too many. But somehow, she is fine with me. And she is not like making an exception or anything. It does not make sense. She should hate being constantly being pressed up against another.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Another introvert here, although I sometimes feel like an ambivert. Ted isn't that developed yet, but I'm planning for him to be an extravert.

Also I agree that it should be spelled extravert and not extrovert.

seeing people repeatedly spell it extrovert in this thread is driving me crazy, so it must be an affront on a very basic level if it's affecting me too

also I'm obviously definitely an extravert, but I don't think that was in question

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas