Personality Switching

hironori

Not sure how many of you experience this, but I'm curious as to see how many have, or identify with this in some way.

First off, my "tulpa" (who hates being called this and prefers "systemmate" or "facet", as she's sure to remind me) was created accidentally a while back. I always wondered why we couldn't switch, as in, having her take physical control of my body. I was aware she's there, we are undoubtedly separate entities. But when it comes to switching/fronting/whatever, things get a little more blurry. When she "fronts", which is neither predictable nor controllable, I feel like my identity disappears entirely and is replaced with hers. It's a switch in personality/identity/mannerisms, etc. In other words it's very similar to switching, minus physical control of the body being taken by someone else.

Did you research about other "kinds of plural systems" ?

I'm not an expert, but what you describe seems like a median system to me. Maybe it's closer to something else, soulbounds or whatever, I must confess I didn't read much about other types of plurals, but the fact that your headmate hates being called a tulpa may mean they aren't one ? ;)

Maybe wiser people could help you more, but I'd advise you to read a bit about that !

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

K: What you are describing to me sounds similar to an online friend of mine. To me, this doesn't sound like a tulpa as much as maybe something more along the lines of a type of DiD, although I am no expert on the case.

Spoiler

Members: Gemini, Raven, Jenna, Hope (Part-Time)

If you don't want that, practice imagining yourself in your wonderland (if you have one) or just the mindspace or whatever. Normally when you do stuff with your tulpa in your mind you imagine yourself there, and that's pretty much where you should be when you switch, if you want. We don't live in our wonderland and are pretty much just inactive/whatever you wanna call it when not around, and that applies to our host when switched too. But I mean.. I can still talk to him.. He doesn't just disappear when we switch, he's just in the mindspace like I was before.

Idk, just seems like a sorta-skill you could develop, your brain treating you like a tulpa while your tulpa is controlling the body/mind like you normally do. As far as I can tell you guys probably switch more or less like most other people, but you don't do dissociation and instead just directly switch which of you's doing the thinking and stuff. I guess it's not really a problem and if your tulpa's normally totally inactive when you aren't thinking about her like with us, there's no real difference. Except like right when you're switching. Since we dissociate from the body first, then switch in, we usually talk to each other at some point in the process, at least to say like "Have fun!" and stuff you know? It would seem kinda lonely to do it your way...

Also if you're not around when she switches, what would happen if you had two tulpas, and then one of them switched with the other? Seems like you just don't really have a mindspace presence. So make one if ya want. Practice imagining yourself in your mind however you wanna do that, just visualizing yourself when you do stuff with your tulpa should probably be enough..

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

[Tri] That sounds like a kind of eclipsing you are doing. Another variant of it was the path that we learned to control the body originally.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

Switchig is not about physical control of the body. There is a large amount of ambiguity in what you wrote, so you are getting a variety of answers. But rest assured, switching has nothing to do with control of the body. It is when one of you goes to sleep and the other sticks around. At least in terms of the front. The other will usually find themselves in wonderland, but they can disappear entirely.

Possession is about body control.

There are a great many ways you can be "replaced". More precise description of what happens would be useful to this community.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

created accidentally a while back....

...When she "fronts", which is neither predictable nor controllable...

"Predictable" and "controllable" aren't constructive ideas to use here.

Whether or not her creation was an accident, she is here now. It is no longer "your" head.

The mind, and the body, belong to both of you. You'll have to have some heart to hearts about this and work out a system of sharing control.

It's not going to happen overnight, so don't be too hard on yourselves if progress seems slow.

But I promise that given enough time, and enough love, you'll figure it out. And we'll all be here in the meantime to help smooth the rough patches.

(and yeah, you might find other words like "median" more empowering, as other people have suggested. Labeling isn't always a bad thing)

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian

K: To me, this doesn't sound like a tulpa as much as maybe something more along the lines of a type of DiD, although I am no expert on the case.

This sounds nothing like our experiences with DID (nor that of anyone we've met). Just saying.

I suspect predictable and controllable in this case refers to neither party able to influence the process.

I inferred some sort of power struggle from the way he wrote it. But you're right, it's more likely that neither has control.

I'll just put my soapbox away now...

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." - Carl Sagan

Host: SubCon | Tulpas: Sol, Luna, Alice, Little One, Beast and Solune (me) | Servitors: Odonata, Guardian