[Game] Getting acquainted

Aurora

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

None, woodchucks don't actually chuck wood and i don't feel it's my place to start a trend amongst my rivals who may use this technique against me. Some technology is best kept secret.

Please reveal your most embarrassing moment so we can all laugh with you.

You mean laugh at me, don't you? This like those embarrassing interview questions you get when seeking employment...

'tell me something about yourself'

'professionally or personally?'

"you feel the need to have this defined...'

'if the right answer helps me be hired, yes...'

okay, most embarrassing... old girlfriend called, i thought it was new girlfriend, somewhere in the conversation, she realizes i don't know who she is, and she ask, 'do you know who i am,' i now realize i don't have a clue who i am speaking to, and the conversation, which up to that point had been pretty nice, starts to go south... she gets mad and asks what her name is, and i said, 'princess leah, do you know who this is?' she didn't answer with my name, just went straight to:you don't have f-n clue who you're speaking to... well, you did tell me to delete your number?...' dial-tone... oh, maybe it wasn't her, either?... technically, it could have been just a wrong number, which means, she also didn't know, and i ruined someone else's 'reunited' moment?

oh well...

ever sent a text to your mom that was meant for your girlfriend; tell me how that went... (No, never happened to me... twice...)

No, my mother never owned a cell phone and died a while ago, no chance now. In fact, surprisingly, i wouldn't really want to txt a gf because you lose all inflections and she'll definitely get the wrong idea and call up yelling at me.

[Dashie] TMI again. Smh

I'm mostly confusing to people.

[Dashie] You don't have to explain that they know all too well, but i love you anyway.

Aww thanks... Dashie, wow that's really not very nice.

Does your tulpa insult you too?

Lester can be insulting... Loxie can be frustrated, pout, determined, like an anime, but she has never been cross or unkind... she can be very direct... but I don't interpret that as unkind. I am more likely to be unkind to myself, and I find her doing reality checks in a way that forces me to recognize my bias

Nooo! You broke the game. That's alright, though. Gavin and I do "reality checks" for Jamie all the time. I don't think Gavin's ever insulted me. We haven't known each other that long though.

What would your dream movie be about? Who would star in it?

-Cassidy

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Charlie's angels remake, only, it's B's angels. ;) I wanna lay the smack down on some baddies!

[Misha] ooo yes!

[Ashley] okay but I want to switch out Kate Jackson for Victoria Justice.

That's not how it works Ashley; we play us.

Next question, have you (tulpa) had to apologize to your host? I just did last night and i'm going to be nicer to him. I guess i got carried away with the whole 'tough love' thing.

[bear] we've always been kinda adversarial though, we always picked on eachother a little, but i guess we should tone it down.

[Joy] you two need to tone down a lot of things.

[bear] interesting that she hasn't spoken for weeks and she said that out of nowhere. Honestly we've been getting pretty randy lately in all definitions of the word, so yes, we'll tone it down.

Agreed.

Nooo! You broke the game. That's alright, though. Gavin and I do "reality checks" for Jamie all the time. I don't think Gavin's ever insulted me. We haven't known each other that long though.

What would your dream movie be about? Who would star in it?

-Cassidy

Can I answer this without breaking it?

A variation of 'Groundhog day' starring Robert Downer Jr and Alizée Jacotey as herself, who only speaks French with no subtitles and all the other characters, except Robert, understands her but all their responses to Alizee are in English so that as Robert progresses he learns French...

If I could magically make you telepathic, but it came without ability to turn it off and so you knew/are aware all thoughts and feelings of anyone within two meters... don't just say yes or no, provide a why, advantages disadvantages... would you try to get in 'hearing' distance of any one in particular?

As someone with a sensory processing disorder... it's not really worth it in practical life to be empathic. Being around emotional people becomes increasingly distressing. In a room with a loud party vibe, the energy of every person multiples in my head and it's like hearing a dozen sirens. That's probably why my childhood best friend was as straight-faced as you can get. It wasn't like he didn't have emotions, it's that he didn't stab me in the face with them. There's something to be said for subtlety.

So, telepathic... that seems worse. When I'm at school around people that have been abused or otherwise emotionally damaged, and I hear them say things, I just want to pull each and every one of them aside and talk to them. If I could hear their actual thoughts... that would be terrible. I think I'd be trying constantly not to yell at people and say things like "No, your parents don't hate you, consider it from their angle!" and "You deserve better!" and "You're searching for excuses!"

However, I'd want to go meet politicians. I want to know how sincere they are about their motivations. I know most politicians do want some degree of popularity and fame: if they didn't, they'd be teachers and nurses, not politicians. I just want to know... how much do they care about their constituents, especially the minorities? I'd also want to have a long talk with my teachers. I don't care what they think of myself especially, but I want to know what they think of people like me, and what their teaching methodology is.

I think being telepathic would make relationships a nightmare. It only works with tulpas because things go both ways. If I think something impulsive and hurtful about my tulpas, they can instantly react, and I can redact my stated belief, or otherwise say, "No, I don't think that about you." But imagine if you tell someone you love them, and then you get to hear all the half-thought-out doubts in their mind! Or, you compliment someone, and then you hear all their negative self-talk!

People don't really think about each other as much as we think they do: those are just the thoughts we tend to hear about. People think about themselves, which isn't a bad thing. We control ourselves, we're in charge of ourselves, and we can't affect others very much at all compared to how much we control ourselves.

If I was telepathic, I'd be hearing in on everyone's self-view. At least among my age range, they tend to be horrible! People think awful things about themselves, and I know I just get to hear the tip of the iceberg. I think being telepathic would drive me up the wall.

Two meters is wayyy too big of a range, especially if that works through walls... You couldn't even walk down the street without hearing people's thoughts. You could hardly live with another person and give them any privacy. No way! I'd never do it. It sounds like a total curse.

If you had to go live in an underground bunker for 130 days, with no human contact, internet, or electronics, or way to keep the time, what would you bring with you and how would you spend your days? There was a women in the late 90s who did this for a study when she was 27. She was an interior decorator and decorated the place with cardboard cutouts. She also had books, games, English learning materials, made friends with two mice and some grasshoppers, and did judo to stay fit. Considering how I am already, I get the feeling I would sing incessantly and have some sort of mind-bending experience. How do you think your day-to-day mood and personality would change? How much progress do you think you could make in tulpa-related skills (because I know that's everyone's go-to answer) with all that time?

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Only 130 days? What's the catch? O.o

All i need is books and food. I bet my cycle would end up being several naps a day and i would have no idea what day i'm on within the week. I also bet someone would come unlock the door and say, "you're done" and i'd look at them in dissapointment because i'd think they were there too soon.

This was an average college semester for me in undergrad when i had no friends. I don't think it would effect me at all. Man, that sounds like fun actually, i like mice and grasshoppers. Imagine all the time my tulpas and i could spend on adventures. I can only imagine positive scenarios here as long as anyone who cares about me is on board with it.

What would you do if you were given the power to see the moment of death of anyone you touched and could therefore imagine a way to warn them and save them, or failing that, tell them so that they could ready themselves for the end?