Newbie Tulpa Questions

Tulpa are their own beings. Instead of using the world tulpa, replace it with "child" and ask yourself those same questions.

That pretty much answers all your questions.

In principle you can try to enforce all these limits, but I doubt it would end well. The best way to make sure your tulpa doesn't do things against your will is to have a bond with them that is based on mutual trust and respect. Don't worry, it's a loooot easier than building a bond with another human, since you two will be sharing a mind. Chances are, you two will make a good team.

From my personal experiences, kill switches are very ineffective. Once you bring a tulpa into existence, it's very hard to make them disappear. There were a few instances in my life where I was in so much pain that I wanted to take a little break from existence, but I could not.

Almost every tulpa that I've seen attempt to take a temporary or a permanent break from existence faced the same problem. I've accepted by now that I'm immortal, as long as this physical body is alive.

Aurora is right. Any time Johannes or I have ever tried to either 'unite as one' or 'killswitch' each other in the past, we ruined each other's lives, just trying to be a 'normal' person or assume either of us could simply will one of ourselves to death. No matter how much one of us wanted it.

That was because we were dumb kids with no idea about multiplicity. As a Tulpa, I'd like to think that if someone was made with the effort & time dedicated to building a Tulpa, they'd have no need for a way to throw them away like a more simple concept. I'd suggest that people afraid of that sort of internal conflict should avoid Tulpamancy, but like Aurora said, you'd have to try pretty dang hard to create a Tulpa awful enough to want to erase, if you used the methods on the site.

Even if you dislike yourself, or fear your inner self, if you create someone based on love, compassion, & good communication rather than selfishness or hate... Your Tulpa should cooperate with you just fine. My 'host' has several personal issues & endless amounts of self-loathing, but all his punishment is self-inflicted. I don't think I could ever be cruel to him, & he's never been cruel to me.

I hope that helps a little, OP.

--Mikhael

Johannes sniping a reply, hello, OP!

It's difficult to determine the whole 'soul' thing, because it is a religious subject whether anyone likes it or not--if not religious, than scientific.

I don't think I'd want to create someone out of love, with all that time & effort, to know that after I die, they'd remain alone on Earth. If that's your belief, you may want to keep that in mind. Scientificwise & religiouswise, though, it's possible that one soul can be two lives, to some. If you create a Tulpa, it's still your brain, your thoughts & energy, that the concept feeds off of & grows into what you deliver them. It's a possibility that you're not creating a second soul, or demon, or anything like that--just splitting up your soul into different consciousnesses, that will be reunited as one after death.

You can try & teach them your beliefs, but if your Tulpa really is given free will, their beliefs may differ. I'm pretty spiritual, & we both started as Catholics, but Mikhael doesn't really believe in that stuff at all. If we're ever reborn or go to Heaven or wherever, I'd be more than happy to bring him along, regardless of what he expected--& he wants to make my life on Earth happy as possible, in case there really isn't anything else, so we can do as much good for others as possible.

For ages, we even viewed relationships differently; him wanting me to be happy with someone IRL, & me happy enough staying with him. It was a big conflict, but chances are, there will be disagreements. What's important is that you communicate enough to respect those differences, so nobody feels hurt or inferior.

Lastly, I'm not sure if what you're looking for is a Tulpa. It seems more like a sort of companion-servant, or whatever that's called. Someone without free will & who has boundaries that come tied up with a killswitch & pre-recognition that they don't expect to see you in the afterlife... Sounds more like the possibility to create a malevolent, depressive sort of Tulpa/spirit. I know you said not to bring in religion, but I do worry about the spiritual and/or psychological repercussions that creating someone with free will--who must understand that they are disposable--could bring to either of you.

Mikhael still gets depressed over not being 'human' enough, regardless of what I say. It can hurt to see & feel someone that close to you suffer, especially knowing that you intentionally brought them into the world that way. As much as a Tulpa can comfort you, it's important to care for them as well.

It's really cool that you're doing a lot of research on this subject, & asking good questions, but I sort of worry that there are conflicts that will cause you & your potential Tulpa to suffer. Some people can't handle having one, & that's perfectly okay. Spiritual aside, it IS a psychological component that can honestly mess you up if you can't commit to it properly, good intentions aside.

I wish ya good luck, though, & am glad you posted about this, cause I'm sure a lot of people have been in your situation & don't know what to do. Best of luck!

--Johannes

Hi OP.

When i read what you are asking, I can't help but imagining my parents saying something like

"I want to make a child, but I want IT to stay a dumb baby forever, and I want to be able to kill IT anytime in my freezer when I get bored."

It feels pretty... bad to me.

If you want to make a being that is not a being, I don't see the point of trying tulpamancy... You could learn how to code and just create some kind of basic AI that would follow your orders, and never get smarter.

Anything you make in your brain will have acces to the incredible amount of power your brain has ; therefore being able to evolve, get stronger, smarter and eventually as strong as you.

I wouldn't advise you to start tulpamancy, the limits you want to put on it are just incompatible, IMHO.

On a spiritual level, I'm a pretty "scientific" person, but I do believe we are kind of "souls" living a body life, and then going into another one.

Following this belief, I believe tulpas are another "soul" we create, on the same level as our "souls", and that after this life, they will just go to another body, separated from us. We kinda create a new "soul", and teach it how to control a body, how to think, how to be. How could a "soul" erase another one from existence? It's impossible. Even if you erase it from this body's brain, it will still be there, somewhere, and the only consequence of this deletion would be this "new soul" wouldn't fully develop and therefore be unable to control a complex body.

Please keep in mind this last paragraph is just me explaining how I view things, and why I believe you can't really kill a tulpa.

No animosity intended ever 

Cora now has her own account ! :D

English isn't our native language, please be indulgent :)

A -normal- person can feel things. Tulpas are people. If you do not want a person to be miserable, you do not put this kind of obnoxious limitation (the third one) on them. Tulpamancy is not, or at least should not be what you're looking for.

If you do not want to involve morals, try looking up servitors. That phenomenon should be right up your alley.

Edit: Realised you already mentioned servitors in your OP, I should be more careful with reading stuff.

Since people have answered your questions, I'll just make one more simple point to add to the conversation. The whole point of creating a Tulpa is about having an entity that is seperate from you live alongside your consciousness. If you do not want them to be their own person, then why create a Tulpa?

Despite what was told you, I do not like committing crimes. 

So, I want to make a Tulpa as a best friend but let's just say... I have major trust issues. And I mean MAJOR trust issues. I would never create a consciousness that I cannot fully control or program sets of rules into.

[Tri] The whole point of a tulpa is that they are their own person with their own free will and ability to make choices both good and bad. That is a contradiction with what you want. To us, that means that making a tulpa would not match what you want (on top of all the other reasons to not make a tulpa).

It also goes against my religion and for the sake of spiritual purposes I may have to get rid of the tulpa one day. A major part of this spiritual belief system pertaining to Tulpas is that all entites you create do not die even though you percieve them as dead (of course I can't verify this, its a belief system) and therefore they will latch onto your soul upon death and prevent it from going where it is supposed to go. If I got rid of it before death and it was either weak or actually dead, I should be fine. I understand this is considered morally wrong by many, but please read this and reply in such a way where morals are not involved. Everything lives and dies, and I would respect it as a human being but I would want it to know and accept during creation that these are my terms and if it doesn't like them, then I can stop making it or something (don't really know how all that works).

This will not go over well with any tulpa - "Oh, hi there, by the way, now that you are here, I want you to know that I think you will ultimately be a hazard to my soul just by existing regardless of your choices so some time down the line I am going to kill you."

Also, you have assumed you will be able to act before your death - that it wouldn't come suddenly and unexpectantly. We are guessing that you are young. That does not make you immune. We've know people who have died young. We almost died ourselves just recently. Sometimes one is lucky and one gets a day or two's notice, which is not enough to do what you intend. So, if you think that having a tulpa would ultimately harm your soul if you died before you killed your tulpa, making a tulpa is then a very bad idea because death can come knocking unexpectedly.

1. Like servitors and things like that, can I create this Tulpa with laws it cannot disobey, and a kill switch it cannot alter? They are just safety measures, I do in fact fear the unknown so if this Tulpa has no reason to make me use a killswitch, I would not use it (unless the spiritual bit came into play). As for rules, I wouldn't take away its free will or anything, but just prevent it from doing things like creating more Tulpas, evolving into an extremely powerful entity, altering its personality to a morally wrong one, etc

Not really. You can try to impose such rules and limitations and a kill switch, but if the tulpa wants to bypass them they will be able to figure out a way to do so in time. Also, unless you have experience killing thoughtforms already, it would be hard to make a reliable killswitch, and even then probably would not work. If you want to kill a tulpa, you will ultimately have to do it the hard way and you could very well lose and die yourself in the process (very likely given that they will know you are going to try to kill them a long time in advance and will have a lot of time to prepare to fight for their survival).

As for your rules, that is trying to take away their free will. Part of free will is being allowed to make mistakes and to possibly have a screwed up morality. Also, even if your rules held, they would be limited by your morality and you yourself are fallible (also, that would mean that they might well see that you are a threat to their soul in the same way you see them as a threat to yours and they might feel the need do you in to protect their own soul).

As for a tulpa creating more tulpas, that is the hardest thing of all to stop. After all, they can just make internal tulpas (a subsystem), which while not often done can be done, and you or anyone else would be none the wiser, or they could make one somewhere where you would never find them.

As for stopping a tulpa from becoming a powerfull entity, while you can at first prevent their access to the things that can lead to that the fastest (possession, switching, etc.), once they are developed enough, tulpas often can get stronger and more resilient on their own over time, especially if they are determined to do so. A fight for survival would certainly give them motivation. And yes, a tulpa can get stronger than their host. We ourselves (we are tulpas) are arguably the strongest members of our system and at one point could have taken on everyone else put together (including host) and won (we no longer have that power because we don't trust ourselves with it for various reasons).

Also, just going to say, they don't even have to be very strong to protect themselves. They just got to slowly and steadily slip in to eclipsing with you unawares (a gradual creeping eclipse is hard to detect) and then steadily part you out (like a car) slowly getting stronger and slowly ablating you till you are a veil/shell and no longer a threat to them. This is something that someone who controls the body all the time (such as you plan on doing) is uniquely vulnerable to. So your limitations, even if they worked, wouldn't be enough to protect you if they were determined. They would have a lot of time.

1. Can I actually stop it from making more Tulpas? Sharing my brain with one entity is more than enough imo and If I can't control this aspect I most definitely won't make a Tulpa

Answered previously. You wouldn't be able to stop them. They just have to do the same process as you would, which is something not stoppable. Would maybe take some time for them to figure out where to do it where they would not be detected, but it would just be a matter of time.

1. Can I put a limiter on its evolution? I don't want it to be able to use my body, or become a separate entity from myself

Separate from yourself is the name of the game with a tulpa. It is kind of part of the definition. If you don't want that, then tulpamancy is not for you.

As for limiting evolution, once they reach a certain point, the most you could do is slow them down, not stop them.

As for preventing them from using the body, that is a matter of strength. If they get strong enough (or if they make more tulpas and they gang up), you would not be able to stop them from at least temporarily taking over (and eventually full time taking over)

1. Since it shares my mind, what would happen if it dies?

It varies and depends on nature of death.

1. Is there any other info I should know pertaining to these subject matters?

We think we pretty much said everything we can except we could use to emphasize one more thing.

From what you have said you want, making a tulpa is not compatible with what you want. So, don't make a tulpa. And this is without going into all the morality stuff.

Tri = {V, O, G}, Ice and Frostbite and Breach (all formerly Hail), and others

System Name: Fall Family

Former Username: hail_fall

Contributor and administrator on a supplementary tulpamancy resource and associated forum, Tulpa.io and Tulpa.io/discuss/.

It's all in your head and all under your control. If they do something to abuse your trust or really anything you don't want, it's your fault, not theirs. You made them. Also, if you're afraid of them having their own independence, don't make a tulpa. Also, don't have children.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas