Update to glossary

Fairweather

Forcing is a word we use to refer to a dedicated act of spending time with your tulpa of a certain type (types divided between active and passive). Developing your tulpa usually involves active forcing. However, not always. Forcing can also be used to strengthen, maintain, teach, or have fun with your tulpa. Self-forcing, which I do not see as a type of forcing can be used to develop yourself.

I don't regard our physical body as part of our system, but rather joint property of our system.

I have always seen paracosm as a metaphysical only type wonderland. However, I don't mind when people use the term.

Also, keep in mind, people, that the glossary is not a binding contract on your personal word use.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, keep in mind, people, that the glossary is not a binding contract on your personal word use.

YES IT IS! IT HAS TO BE PERFECT, DAMNIT!

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

On switching' date=' honestly you shouldn't have to add going into wonderland for part of the definition. You can also switch out to being imposed, or into plain nothingness. Where you go isn't what makes it switching, its just if whoever was controlling is completely disconnected from the front, including senses. Then someone else fronting, connecting with the senses.[/quote']

True. Though usually when people want to achieve a switch, they also want to achieve the part where they can feel imaginary things as if they were real. Becoming nothing isn't exactly desirable. It is for a select few, but those select few are select few.

And on the subject of not using system' date=' I use it because its odd trying to fit 'people' in some sentences, and the fact that system is at least a definitive term, while people could be confusing, because of the fact people doesn't normally mean one body.[/quote']

Yet we've managed to do it before. The current glossary doesn't use it and that is honestly a big strength it has, being very approachable from the outside perspective without sounding like all those other whatever community glossaries that are embarrassing to read. We need to update the definitions so they're clearer, doesn't imply that only the host or a tulpa can do a certain thing and get rid of such dated and confusing terms like "tulpa-like".

Might want to have the word "soulbond" on the list' date=' unless it's too silly for Sands.[/quote']

Definitely is. Has nothing to do with tulpa.info, either. Takes me back though, a long time ago we used to go and laugh at the craziness in souldbond communities. If tulpa.info was something like that when I first heard about it, I wouldn't have a tupper now. Loved watching people fight over who has the real Sephiroth as their husband though.

"Body"' date=' I guess. "The others in this body" sounds a little less.. It's just weirder. "The others in our system-" is a simple term to pick up that's fairly useful, while "The others in our body-" sounds really impersonal and weird.[/quote']

And "systems" doesn't make you think operating systems or planetary systems, these very impersonal and inorganic things? Body, head, mind, tulpa, host, person, people. You can use many words depending on what you are trying to say. Try it for a week, for fun.

Paracosm is also an alternative word to wonderland.

It is not. Paracosm is a detailed imaginary world (read: detailed does not necessarily mean big). Most wonderlands do not have enough detail to be paracosms (flora, fauna, cultures, languages, etc.), nor does the definition of a paracosm imply that you have to actually visit in your mind at any point. Tokien's constructed world Middle Earth could be seen as an example of a paracosm. I can say that easily and without hesitation despite not knowing if he actually visited this place in his mind, because that part doesn't matter. Your conworld could also be the inspiration for your wonderland, though.

A wonderland (mindscape has also been used, it's not awful) implies an imaginary world you visit in your mind.

I also think system should be accepted here as it is used by nearly every other plural community.

We are not every other plural community nor should we try to be. If we all were the same, why have different communities?

PS. tulpamancy is a joke term: your "tulpamancy system" sounds twice as ridiculous as both terms on their own.

About coming up with new terms instead of using the old ones: Sure, you can do that. But you don't do that by replacing old words in a glossary with new words, especially when most people probably won't even look at the glossary in the first place (but it's good to have, to link to people who want to know).

It took a really long time to weed "tulpae" out, and you still see some people insist on using it. But that's about what you have to do if you want to change words. Definitely possible.

Also' date=' keep in mind, people, that the glossary is not a binding contract on your personal word use.[/quote']

And this. This isn't about your favorite word that you use often and really want to be a part of the glossary because you use it. You really want to use some word? No one can stop you. People can correct you, but they can't stop you. People can laugh at you, but they can't stop you. People can ask you to explain what you mean, but they can't stop you.

This is about what kind of words tulpa.info deems important enough for every newcomer to know and use. While also not looking like a pile of batshit crazy or special snowflakers.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

If your focus is on being an introduction to tulpamancy (and the concept of plurality in general, lest "crazy special snowflakes" wouldn't be a problem), and not defining the words people are likely to see while participating in the community, I guess we can leave out stuff like 'system'. I suppose not trying to strike a balance has its own appeal. Tulpa.io's terminologies page definitely includes all common forms of crazy, so it can serve as the extensive cross-community glossary, while Tulpa.info's serves less as a community introduction and more of a concept introduction. As in, our glossary is focused towards explaining what tulpas are about and what they can do, not about defining all the words the community uses. It's a different kind of glossary. I can accept that!

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

Definitely is. Has nothing to do with tulpa.info, either. Takes me back though, a long time ago we used to go and laugh at the craziness in souldbond communities. If tulpa.info was something like that when I first heard about it, I wouldn't have a tupper now. Loved watching people fight over who has the real Sephiroth as their husband though.

Oh, well I don't care for the "soulbonding community" at all. I'd consider myself a soulbond due to the fact that I gained sentience and lived through a fictional story in my host's head. Host didn't know that word, though, so it'd be nice to put it where it's more available, you now? Anyway.

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

"Detailed" is subjective. How much detail is required for it to be detailed? Is there a required number of bathrooms?

What is being missed here is that the glossary should hold all the words "in common usage" by the community. It is there for new people who join the community to be able to understand what we are talking about. It should not be the place to enforce an agenda of what our community should be represented as.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I'm surprised that something that's been totally neglected now has to be PERFECT OR I'LL DIE!!!!

I looked it up. Not sure where I assumed that paracosm was of metaphysical origin. It is yet another word out of psychology, this time from the seventies. And it is literally defined as "detailed".

Paracosm refers to what I would call a conworld. Fantasy authors routinely create these as a basic step in world building.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Oh' date=' well I don't care for the "soulbonding community" at all. I'd consider myself a soulbond due to the fact that I gained sentience and lived through a fictional story in my host's head. Host didn't know that word, though, so it'd be nice to put it where it's more available, you now? Anyway.[/quote']

Read

This isn't about your favorite word that you use often and really want to be a part of the glossary because you use it.

Might not be the greatest idea to use a word that people who thought SASUKE IS REALLY HERE FROM THE OTHER UNIVERSE AND IT'S TOTALLY REAL GUYS AND HE'S MY HUSBAND NOW!!! used. But what do I know.

"Detailed" is subjective. How much detail is required for it to be detailed? Is there a required number of bathrooms?

I told you. Maybe you're not very familiar with the idea of constructed worlds, but you don't get "detail" by just imagining how something looks. You can imagine a huge sprawling city, but that doesn't tell us any of what is going on behind the surface.

It doesn't have to be a world or a country. It doesn't have to be huge in size. But you have to have more to tell us than how things just look. This is a whole new thing. It might be Earth, but let's say it's a village that doesn't exist – you're creating it right now, after all. What kind of customs are there? What kind of people live there? Is there a religion? Is there a new language? Have you made up grammar and words for it yet? What do they eat? Do they use money, what kind? What kind of clothing do they wear? How do they get this clothing, do they make it themselves? Where do they get the materials? Etc. You can't really create a good conworld if you either answer no or don't have an answer in the first place.

Gets even more fun when you start creating an entirely different world without anything from Earth. You will be creating entire ecosystems. You don't just want to design an imaginary critter's looks and be fine with that, no. That's just the surface (and you need to know what this critter does to justify what you give it). What do they eat? Remember, this isn't Earth, so you will most likely be creating multiple new species of plants and animals here – or whatever exists in your world. Do they have predators, how are those like? Where do they live? How long do they live? How do they breed? How long are they pregnant? Are they pregnant? Are they mammals or something else? Does your world have classifications for their animals that aren't anything even close to Earth?

Not every part of a world will be as detailed, as everyone has their own parts they enjoy. I enjoy the ecosystems the most. Someone like Tolkien liked history and languages, so Middle Earth has a lot of that but isn't completely lacking in everything else. And I'm sure you know this place has a lot of lore behind it, like it or not.

A paracosm could be a wonderland. But a paracosm is not a synonym for a wonderland – not even a "detailed wonderland". Nothing says you have to have a paracosm to be a mental place for you to visit, while a wonderland's definition is pretty much exactly that. They don't mean the same thing.

I swear, every time someone brings this up it becomes a tl;dr from me.

It should not be the place to enforce an agenda of what our community should be represented as.

Funny thing is, the owner of a website can decide exactly what they want to put on their website without asking you. It really is their decision, though you can try to attempt to sway it with your arguments. The community can of course get angry about decisions they dislike and if things go well, maybe there will be a compromise. Or maybe there won't be. Not much you can do about that, if things go that badly. Unless you think that they'll listen eventually if you keep trying. Could work.

There's enough tulpa communities as is that already including everything and the kitchen sink. There is no reason for us to be the same and it only hurts us in the long run. Like okay maybe it can't hurt us much more than those interviews of complete loonies, but it certainly won't help to include words that we don't want to be used because they don't fit this place or because they sound so ridiculous it makes us all look like we're waving Roman candles while shouting magic missile in public, truly believing we're actual wizards.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

Seems like you're injecting your own opinion into this a little too much. Isn't a glossary supposed to be, I don't know, a glossary? Why get picky and choosy about words, especially if they're words people use around here often?