Update to glossary

Fairweather

There's enough tulpa communities as is that already including everything and the kitchen sink. There is no reason for us to be the same and it only hurts us in the long run. Like okay maybe it can't hurt us much more than those interviews of complete loonies, but it certainly won't help to include words that we don't want to be used because they don't fit this place or because they sound so ridiculous it makes us all look like we're waving Roman candles while shouting magic missile in public, truly believing we're actual wizards.

While that end part is debatable, the tulpa community is actually pretty insane looking from the outside, I will say something that I do believe. Being different just for the sake of being different without anything new to add to the table just ends with the site looking like it's trying to be trendy and also doesn't help in the long run. Changing terminology just because we are trying to not be like other communities is very much like trying to start a trend that won't at all matter later, especially if .info is the only place using it.

Hi, I am Sam. LostOne's (Or Kelly's) tulpa, first one, started back March 16th of 2016. - https://community.tulpa.info/user-lostone

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea....

....wait for it........

TWO GLOSSARIES!

One for people who are new to tulpamancy, "Basic Glossary" "Beginner Glossary" and one that's the all-encompassing glossary that goes into more detail and includes more words and phrases. "Advance Glossary"

Eh? How does that sound? Or is Sands going to take issue with that idea, too.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

*Joke inbound*

We can't have two glossaries because that would include other terms we don't use here and we are going to keep isolated from anything that isn't specifically here.

*End joke*

Hi, I am Sam. LostOne's (Or Kelly's) tulpa, first one, started back March 16th of 2016. - https://community.tulpa.info/user-lostone

[rebuttal]

Only if we wanted it to have those terms.

[/rebuttal]

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Being different just for the sake of being different without anything new to add to the table just ends with the site looking like it's trying to be trendy and also doesn't help in the long run. Changing terminology just because we are trying to not be like other communities is very much like trying to start a trend that won't at all matter later, especially if .info is the only place using it.

Yes, being different and trendy as the first big modern tupper community using the words we've used for like, the past 5 years and more now.

Here is the glossary if you have forgotten. These are the terms we are wanting updated definitions on. Some wish to change the terms, but I'm not arguing for changing of terms because they have been used here since the beginning and I don't feel fine with changing terms of a community I came into later. Someone wants to do that, sure, they'll have to do it the long and natural route, which is fine. But we're not changing them for the sake of changing them, we just want to update the definitions.

Should we have every single term that has ever existed listed? No. Why should we? We don't need to use every single word someone comes up with or uses. No one wants a glossary that tries to include everything, getting definitions and words from multiple communities that might not even share the same definitions between them. Imagine what a clusterfuck it is for someone to see that and be expected to not only learn all those words, but to try to use them to communicate. Put them in the glossary and you're saying "yeah we use these words, you should learn them".

But we don't need most of those words. More is not necessarily good.

You want your everything and the kitchen sink included, you are free to browse the tulpa.io glossary that is exactly that and a huge mess because of that. Seriously just look at how many words there are for everything unnecessary.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)

As an offhand question, who else is on the GAT? I have only seen Sands. Not to derail my host's thread or anything.

Here's a link to the about page, which has a list of the current members. Sock requested a permanent ban, so disregard him.

The only terms (from the .io glossary, at least) that I could see being added are dissociation and merging, and even then, I don't know how important it is for us to have those there. It'd be better for us to focus on making sure that what has already have is clear before we consider adding or removing things, anyway.

About the "multiple glossaries" thing, that's just going to lead to more confusion and disagreements. I don't know why being inclusive by adding terms from other communities is so important.

About the "multiple glossaries" thing, that's just going to lead to more confusion and disagreements. I don't know why being inclusive by adding terms from other communities is so important.

Other communities? Want to know how many communities I use?

One. This one. No others.

I don't care about including words from other communities. I'd like to see a glossary that includes words that we, tulpa.info members, use. The glossary we currently have skims the surface.

This is part of the reason I am pushing for an updated wiki. It can act as a glossary including the current glossary (updated). We can make sure the definitions between the two match on shared terms, and then the wiki can include pages for "everything and the kitchen sink" related to tulpamancy terms.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

I don't care about including words from other communities. I'd like to see a glossary that includes words that we' date=' tulpa.info members, use. The glossary we currently have skims the surface.[/quote']

Looks like most of the useful ones are there already to me. No overlapping, no terms that have nothing to do with tuppers in the first place (like why does tulpa.io's tupper glossary have "otherkin" in it, exactly?). Users of other words tend to be coming from the other communities and these communities might have conflicting definitions for things, while tulpa.info should be using tulpa.info terminology of course. So, if there's a conflict, what would be the right definition if the word doesn't have any existing tulpa.info definition?

Honestly, most of the words coming are useless and could be explained much better by you know, stating what you mean. Do we need to be systems? What if we should be plurals? Are the rest singulars or whatever that extremely condescending term for people without any mind buddies was? Or maybe we could just be people regardless of if there's many of us in a body or not. I dunno.

If you only want to use one tupper community, seems to me like it would be the best to keep that one as simple as possible and avoid the snowflake terms. It's pretty crazy to look at tulpa.io's terminology page and see like 10 links to different terms in one definition.

But we won't be that, you might say. We'd just pick the ones in use, right? I dunno, everyone uses every one of whatever word related to these communities somewhere eventually, do we have to add those in too? Vos probably had the best suggestion as to which terms the glossary of tulpa.info could use.

This is part of the reason I am pushing for an updated wiki. It can act as a glossary including the current glossary (updated). We can make sure the definitions between the two match on shared terms' date=' and then the wiki can include pages for "everything and the kitchen sink" related to tulpamancy terms.[/quote']

People could also write articles explaining certain things or different points of views from other communities, especially appreciated when there's sources and such posted. The wiki might never take off as it takes effort to maintain and opening it for everyone to edit doesn't sound like the greatest idea, but everyone's free to submit articles on the forum and people would be able to talk about those things in the thread. More open than a closed wiki page, I think?

Okay not many pay much attention to that stuff, but maybe people can fan the excitement a little to see if it takes off? I'd be interested to see that, at least.

The THE SUBCONCIOUS ochinchin occultists frt.sys (except Roswell because he doesn't want to be a part of it)