My new adventures with Chrysalis

Stingray

No I haven't played that mod yet, but I've been absolutely glued to Call of Chernobyl which puts all three games together. Shadow is my favorite of the three as well. CoP was nice too. I hated Clear Sky. I'm an even bigger fan of the source material, the novel Roadside Picnic and the Andrei Tarkovsky film Stalker. In fact I'm actually writing a script for a film set in the Roadside Picnic universe, in one of the six zones. It's going to be very similar with the philosophical themes of the Tarkovsky film while being more true to the book. It's gonna be a fun project to shoot and I've already made some promising connections.

--

New PR coming tomorrow. Hopefully my focus will improve tonight...

DeviantArt FurAffinity YouTube1 YouTube2 YouTube3

Tulpa name: Chrysalis

Form: Queen Chrysalis character from MLP with minor alterations

DOC: 03/24/2013

Stage: Minor vocal

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Stingray

I like the Tarkovsky film quite a lot. The part where they get to the Meat Grinder anomaly and one of the characters has to stop and tell the others to wait rings clear in my mind still. Seeing the atheist journalist don the crown of thorns, the meetup at the bar, the acquisition of the jerry cans, the owl fly over the room of sand dunes and the psychic girl at the very end move the glass of water are still there too. I haven't read ROADSIDE PICNIC besides its various synopses (the guide's newborn daughter being a simian creature who shrieks at all hours makes me wince and frown) but like with other extraterrestrial ramification novels I concentrate on how the perceived treasures sought are little more than just trash or scattered useless pieces of waste left behind by lifeforms more complicated or otherworldly than what we currently understand. One reason why I like LOST ALPHA is because the makers wrote in little connections to ROADSIDE PICNIC, like how some of the Ecologist faction theorise that artefacts are just nothing more than plainly residual exotic matter, like excretions given off by anomalies in the Zone after blowouts.

We can imagine Chrysalis in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. setting where she's wearing a modified Sunrise suit and waving an artefact detector around a field of springboard anomalies, with some caught artefacts in a tiny knapsack. Does she enjoy the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise as well?

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

We can imagine Chrysalis in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. setting where she's wearing a modified Sunrise suit and waving an artefact detector around a field of springboard anomalies, with some caught artefacts in a tiny knapsack. Does she enjoy the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise as well?

Lol, that gave me a great idea for a drawing.

She's not a big fan like I am, but she thinks it's cool.

--

So much for a PR update... too many distractions to focus on active forcing at the moment. Will update soon though.

• 1 year later...

Wow, looks like I'm not the only one who changed after being absent for so long... love the new forum look!

Lots of things have been going on in my life so progress with Chrys has been slow as usual, but she's still here and as happy, cute, and playful as ever, lol. The only thing majorly noteworthy so far is myself; I've finally come to terms with my gender identity after years of confusion and denial (which is why I never mentioned it before) and have now begun my transition (my name is now Rei). Chrys has been immensely supportive, even through the negativity I face from my parents and others. We both are looking forward to a new life as the real me.

Edited by Stingray