Can you solve my riddle

Sebrek

So you are in a basement. You receive absolutely no indication of light from the incandescent lightbulb upstairs within this space. In the basement are three levers, and only one turns on the light. You are only allowed to go up to check on the lightbulb once. So, how do you figure out which one is the right one?

hold out your hands and fingers in L shapes, the one that makes an L is your left hand, and so the lever that isn't on that side is the right one

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's impossible; unless you pull some shit like leaving one lever half on so that the light flickers, you only have one bit of information (one check, during which the light is either on or off) which is not enough to discern between 3 options.

I don't visit as often as I used to. If you want me to see something, make sure to quote a post of mine or ping me @jean-luc

Read And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie and figure out whodunnit before the end of the book. Good luck.

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

I don't even think there was a butler

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Do you guys want to know how to solve it? I'll leave the solution here:

Solution:

Notice how I mentioned it was specifically an incandescent light bulb, meaning it heats up after prolonged periods of being turned on. What you do is you turn on one switch, leave it on for a while,  close it and then switch another lever on, and then go check. If it's on, it was the lever you left on, if it's off and hot, it's the lever you first switched, and if it's off and cold, it's the lever you didn't touch.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

knew there was probably something weird with how much detail you gave there but I didn't know anything about incandescent lightbulbs so

I was expecting a really stupid answer to that one, but I was pleasantly surprised.

I think I expect stupid answers to most riddles, because so many of them rely on misinformation, cheeky word play, or some huge leap of logic.

"If this can be avoided, it should. If it can't, then it would be better if it could be. If it happened and you're thinking back to it, try and think back further. Try not to avoid it with your mind. If any of this is possible, it may be helpful. If not, it won't be."

• 1 year later...

Riddle: Give me a friggen clue with this one.

I can't be bothered to figure it out. I want to have fun, not do a forensics report on a two year old dead thread.