Passive Forcing?

I've been working with my tulpa for a little over a month now using only the supposed "Passive Forcing". I've read all the guides and gone through just about every piece of work provided by this site and beyond; yet, I still have many questions. I know PForcing isn't very well known, so I'll put up my understanding of it (definition) on the bottom of this post for those who are clueless.

--How should one go about passive forcing?

Say what you will, but this is my second attempt at making a tulpa with little success. The first attempt was made via Active Forcing; but due to little progress, I gave up (sue me). Since then, however, I persisted to decide on having a second go at it, this time with a little more research involved. I started out originally with Active Forcing and almost immediately started getting responses via head pressure. It was the kind of hope I needed to continue, so I did. Eventually, life caught me by storm and took away all my time for Active Forcing. That's when I discovered Passive Forcing and began to use it everywhere I go. However, as of lately, I've noticed I've come to a bit of a cross. All my friends who have developed tulpas are already hearing first words (they use Active, a forcing I've since forgotten how to do) while the best I can sense are warm "patches" indicating where my tulpa is standing. It's amazing, yes; but after so long, I figured there'd be a bit more progress with interaction rather than imposition. For those who have done Passive Forcing as a main, how can I get my tulpa to talk? I've read the guide dubbed, "Coaxing your Tulpa to Talk", but it mainly percists to those who've taken Active Forcing. This leads me to my second question:

--How far can Passive Forcing go?

I've seen a few people say they've created "complete" tulpas out of no more than Passive Forcing and a bit of Parroting (I'll touch on that in a second); but as I continue to speak and interract with my tulpa, I've noticed some "caps" that block from further progression. Things like talking and personality development appear to be out of the picture; should I switch to a hybrid of Active and Passive to fill in these gaps? 

--When does Parroting become too much for Passive Forcing?

Parroting gets a lot of crap these days and I can see why. It's taking all control of your tulpa without any consent. This, however, seems to a norm for Passive Forcing as you really can't get any movement without it. Still, I feel as if I've worked myself into a corner. If I let go of the "controls", will my tulpa be able to take them back? If I continue parroting, will she ever truly think for herself? When I do stop parroting, how can I be sure she's "thinking for herself" and moving at her will? 

--Do tulpas know the language? Or am I having trouble hearing? 

I've had this question since day one, but I've never really asked. I've read some people say they spent an entire day teaching their tulpas to speak and I've seen others say they simply "weren't listening" to what they had to say. Either way, I've been seeking some clearification on what I should focus working on: Her voice, or my hearing. Do words simply appear from nowhere? Does she, the tulpa, say whatever's floating around in the blank space of your subconscience? Does it only happen during Active Forcing? 

--Should I start over? 

I know the answer is, "no, hang on and it'll come", but this cycle of waking up to a blank canvas has become tiring. I don't want to give up and I don't want to quit; but it's been a while since I've seen any kind of progression. I'm the kind of person who likes to figure things out on his own and seeks others only when necessary. Well, I've taken my step back and analyzed every possible angle; you know I'm helpless when I come to a forum for answers. Thanks for all your help; I'm eager to hear your answers!

-RePub

*Passive Forcing is the instance of placing your tulpa in the world around you and interacting with it as though another person or object. It requires no concentration, unless performing visualization, other than a redirection of your thoughts and feelings to the being. It is a slower process than Active Forcing, but has been proven to hasten the progress of imposition.*

First of all, let me clarify a bit of a misconception you have here. Active forcing and passive forcing aren't two separate methods of tulpaforcing. They're literally both the same thing, except that passive forcing is forcing at a lower intensity than active forcing. Maybe you already understood that, but I just wanted to be sure.

As well, passive forcing isn't only limited to how you defined it. I guess it could be defined as developing your tulpa while at the same time being preoccupied with real world stuff (or passively "active" forcing). So, visualizing and interacting with them in the world would be one way to do it, but you can also talk with them (without visualizing them), do activities with them in an imaginary place, and pretty much anything else you can do while active forcing, but just passively doing it. 

1. Just like with tulpamancy overall, there's not "right" way to passive force. If you're spending time with your tulpa and giving it attention, that's good enough. Again, active forcing would be giving it a lot more attention than passive forcing, which is most likely why your friends had more progress with their tulpa. I guess you can sort of think of it like an RPG. Active forcing would be higher level enemies meaning more experience points, and passive forcing would be lower level enemies, meaning less experience points. At the end of the day, though, no matter which ones you decide to farm, you'll level up eventually. 

If you'd like to get your tulpa talking, then talking to them would be a good way to start. In my experience, talking to my tulpaware taught her how to speak, and being more and more exposed to words got her going. Talking to them can be a form of passive forcing as well.

2. Following my previous analogy, passive forcing definitely can fully develop a tulpa. Yes, you can also do active forcing sometimes as well. Again, it's not one or the other, it's two different forms of essentially the same thing. 

3. I've had some experience with parroting and I'd say if it helps you you can use it as much as you like. There will be a point when your tulpa is able to act and think for themselves. But it is human nature to doubt ourselves. I'm only about 90% sure I'm not parroting my tulpa anymore, and it's been a pretty long time (thought if it is me then I'd be fooling myself pretty well; she feels very real). You just have to realize that parroting can only be a conscious act. If you know you're not controlling the tulpa's actions, then it's safe to say you aren't. And if it is you but you think you're subconsciously controlling her, then that could pretty much be her free will, right? There's not definite advice on parroting, so the best thing to say is take all her actions with a grain of salt. Don't blindly believe it's all her, but don't completely disregard their actions. 

4. I don't have much experience with this, since I could hear my tulpa really early on, but I'd say it's probably the tulpa's voice that needs some working on. I've heard of cases, though, that it was the host's hearing that was messed up. This usually happens with parroting, more often when they believe everything the tulpa says is them. Which again exaggerates the importance of having that balance when parroting. 

I would probably say to work on her voice, since I don't think there's a method to randomly start hearing what they say. Do note that they can happen to speak in a random voice in your head, and that you might have to ask any random non-parroted voice if it was them. This can happen randomly, yes. I don't think they'd say whatever is in your subconscious, but then again I don't have much experience on this part. 

5. I would advise you not to start over. If your tulpa does have self awareness, then you'll be depriving them of their energy. I know I felt like a real piece of crap when I stopped paying a lot of attention to my tulpaware for months on end. 

I'd say if you really want to make some more progress, you're going to have to do a bit more active forcing. Just 10 minutes a couple of times a week, if you can find that time, will help. You don't have to meditate, you don't have to get in any state of mind, you just have to sit down somewhere and devote all your attention to doing some activity with your tulpaware. As well, it's good to narrate a lot with your tulpa. You don't have to visualize him/her all the time - just talking will help for vocalization. 

At the end of the day, no one can say for sure when your tulpa will become sentient and vocal. But no matter what you do, to visualizing them to talking to them, to arguably even just thinking of them is invested a bit more into your EXP bar. 

Hopefully that helped.

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

I don't think that you spent enough time reading up on this. Passive forcing doesn't always include open-eyed visualization. It still requires concentration, although you're not going to be putting in the same amount of effort that you would be with active forcing. Whether or not it's faster is dependent on the prospective host, as everyone's rate of progress differs. Because of this, try not to compare yourself to your friends, and don't get discouraged when your stuff doesn't line up with theirs. If you want to make an impact, interact with your tulpa by talking to them regularly - active sessions (for most people, at least) tend to help more because you're focusing solely on your tulpa without many distractions. There are plenty of guides and other resources on this site that can give you ideas of what to do for these sessions if you really don't know where you're going with this. Narrate regularly, visualize them around yourself if you feel that it helps, etc.

If you're not going to be doing personality work, which is completely optional thing, your mind will fill in the blanks. "Talking" comes naturally as your tulpa becomes more developed. If you don't feel comfortable with skipping personality, read up on it, make a trait list if you need to, and drill that in until you're familiar with who you want your tulpa to be. There's no definitive way to go about creating a tulpa, which is why there are so many different methods and perspectives on here. Take the time to find out what works for you, obviously.

Parroting/puppeting doesn't seem to get a lot of hate these days, as most of the active members see it as a useful tool for early development. There's no such thing as "unconscious parroting", so your tulpa will have full control when you're not doing this. Keep in mind that this is also optional and that your tulpa will still be able to move/speak without you doing this, provided that you're willing to put in the effort.

You don't need to teach your tulpa a language or anything like that. I've seen people talk about that and I still think that it's pretty stupid. Your tulpa is able to communicate with you outside of active sessions, and you can work on their voice if you want to (this is where parroting comes in for a lot of people - again, it's optional). Some people say that they just weren't able to "hear" their tulpa correctly and had to work on that, but I don't think it's something that you should be actively focusing on. Not as much as working on their voice or interacting with them in general, at least. If you ask your tulpa questions to coax answers out of them, which you should be doing regularly,

If you know the answer with the give up bit, was there really a point in asking it? Starting over isn't going to get you anywhere.

Overall, it sounds like you need to do some more research.

I don't think anyone currently recommends just active or passive forcing. People who get results do both daily.

You can't get partial tulpas. Once you get interaction going, they continue to grow on that just fine.

It is more important that she get interacting than you not parrot. She will be able to think for herself eventually. But if you don't parrot, she might disappear with little progress.

However, I wonder why you are using a lot of it in passive forcing? That's just talking to them.

Both. Both of you need to work on getting voice up. Getting voice up is a process of figuring out how your mind works. I can't currently see into your mind to answer that one.

You really shouldn't start over. But why haven't you drawn anything on that blank canvas? Personality forcing is usually done during active forcing. You need to imagine that she has thoughts and emotions, and get a feel for the responses she'd give. Or she won't give any.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Like one of your friends, i too is the same. I only did passive forcing and parroting and created my own. It takes patience, full confidence , little doubt and trust (Especially trust). But everything still revolves on how responsive the tulpa is and how you handle everything. I can multi task easily so passive forcing really the preferred one for me.

I'll try to answer your questions as short but as informative as possible (because i do not want to drag the thread).

1) Passive forcing is the same with active just make sure you are sensing his/her presence for interaction and you are good.

2) It can go either way. A full developed tulpa or to a more aware tulpa.

3) parrot and passive forcing are two separate things. But the moment when parroting becomes too much is when the tulpa can talk on their own. Once they can speak on their own it will be more easier for you to distinguish who's who.It is somewhat difficult to pinpoint whats yours and hers/his on the start but it will be noticable. 

The moment i stopped puppeting is the moment when my tulpa talked on her own without any assistance.

4)Yes, she say on their thoughts but you use your mindvoice to speak out those thoughts throigh parroting.

5 and no do not start over ;)

I hope this helps Good luck! Oh another thing, if you have time try to squeeze in some active session it is a great way for a little boost. Also, try to find a method that is the most comfortable for you.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

• 2 years later...

if you can do a little bit of open eye visualisation then try to see their blurred form in the corner of your vision. if not project their presence behind you. it takes a while but the constant awareness of your tulpa should solidify their existence in your mind. but dont feel bad if you zone out or think about other things. its not a race honey, mine took 5 months to develop faint vocality! so i feel your frustration. keep at it and dont feel bad. our minds just need an extra push to recognise their existence