Creating a tulpa by roleplay? Is a tulpa dangerous? Does a tulpa ever go away?

When I think roommate, I think college dorms, sorry. I'm used to having a roommate meaning you literally share the place. If it's your house, you call them a guest, not a roommate.

Google's definition for roommate:

a person occupying the same room as another.

NORTH AMERICAN

a person occupying the same apartment or house as another.

You can have a roommate if you have a house, you know. You clear a room for them to sleep in, put up an ad, and accept someone to be your roommate. In fact, there's a website where people put up ads for certain money amounts, along with advertising certain aspects about them and their rooms (if they smoke, where the house is, how long it'll be available, etc.). A couple of them I've seen offer anyone interested a room if they're willing to pay $500 every month they stay there. From what I understand, it's usually for people who just moved out of their parents' place, and can't quite afford a full blown house yet, so they stay with someone else until they can. Rent's an easier thing to deal with if it's split between two people, after all.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it makes more sense to say "it's not your brain alone once you have a tulpa." Skin just makes it sound like a parasite. Creepy.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Hi, tulpa made through roleplay speaking.

I will tell you one thing: If your tulpa really is trying to kill you, I don't care if it should be equal, you either lock them away or "dissipate" them or whatever. It's always said to see someone go, but your first duty is to keep the body safe. Not just for you, but for any other tulpas you may make in the future.

That said... The idea of one actually trying to kill you is rare. In my roleplay story, I was an unstable asshole. Was made to punch first, ask questions later. I didn't even let people compliment me. Now? I feel confident in myself, and am happy to be here and with our system and host. Hell, KANE used to be a goddamn murderer and now he enjoys his time sitting around and reading.

They won't be a carbon copy of who you roleplayed. They may be at first, but we can grow, we can let go of our past and change into something better that can support and love you just as well as any tulpa.

So long as a tulpa isn't trying to kill you, it's supposed to go 50/50, but I don't think it's a problem at all. In exchange for sharing, you get someone who will always stand by you, always love you, always, always give you a reason to keep going, to keep living and experiencing things. I would die for my host, and I am sure, with the right amount of care, your tulpa would also.

So.. yep. There's my two cents, hope it helped.

If I had a nickel for every time someone called me gay... It'd go to my host because I don't care enough to collect it.

Dude, the only way to kick a tulpa out of the house they were born into is to kill them. If you don't want to share, then you have to avoid tulpamancy.

I think you completely forgot the entire point of the original question. You're the only one on this thread who has a completely different answer for everything than everyone else.

I think it makes more sense to say "it's not your brain alone once you have a tulpa." Skin just makes it sound like a parasite. Creepy.

Skin IS a parasite that plagues the once peaceful skeleton people of long ago. Spooky.

I will tell you one thing: If your tulpa really is trying to kill you, I don't care if it should be equal, you either lock them away or "dissipate" them or whatever. It's always said to see someone go, but your first duty is to keep the body safe. Not just for you, but for any other tulpas you may make in the future.

That said... The idea of one actually trying to kill you is rare. In my roleplay story, I was an unstable asshole. Was made to punch first, ask questions later. I didn't even let people compliment me. Now? I feel confident in myself, and am happy to be here and with our system and host. Hell, KANE used to be a goddamn murderer and now he enjoys his time sitting around and reading.

They won't be a carbon copy of who you roleplayed. They may be at first, but we can grow, we can let go of our past and change into something better that can support and love you just as well as any tulpa.

So long as a tulpa isn't trying to kill you, it's supposed to go 50/50, but I don't think it's a problem at all. In exchange for sharing, you get someone who will always stand by you, always love you, always, always give you a reason to keep going, to keep living and experiencing things. I would die for my host, and I am sure, with the right amount of care, your tulpa would also.

So.. yep. There's my two cents, hope it helped.

Thank you. You actually get the point. Self defense is self defense. I'm not gonna kill off a tulpa just for the sake of killing them off, but it's helpful to know I have a safety net for The Literal Worst Case Scenario™ I mentioned.

Just wondering, though. Does it always have to be 50/50? I've heard mostly about tulpas that are more so a companion to the host, and don't really take control too often. (One example being from the "Life of a Tulpa (Draw My Life Video)" by Ford and Aury (Don't know enough about the community to know their on-forum name.))

Thank you for your "two cents" on this, it has helped clear things up quite a bit.

Whatever you want man, it's your head. We're just telling you norms, here.

Going into this thinking about killing tulpas is not healthy, by the way. Acting like it's a possibility is the only way it can be, and even then it'll be fine. If you don't have a serious mental disorder or hyperactive imagination, your tulpas will never want to specifically harm you.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Going into this thinking about killing tulpas is not healthy, by the way. Acting like it's a possibility is the only way it can be, and even then it'll be fine. 

What do you mean?

It's still "your" mind/brain, no matter what a tulpa becomes. All the way through their development until they start thinking - with your same brain - on their own, you shape who they'll become. There's literally no reason, with a healthy mindset, that a tulpa would mean to harm their host. You have to want that to happen, potentially unconsciously (which is why we say things like "This doesn't really happen" et cetera).

The only people whose tulpas ever harm them (outside of strange and complex situations) are those who either have a mental disorder that renders them susceptible to invasive thoughts (like schizophrenia, but also some lesser disorders), or who unconsciously "want" it to happen. Those who are too into RPing, who let their imaginations get the better of them, and so on.

Basically, entertaining the idea at all is the only way it can happen. By unconsciously thinking that it will/should happen. And that even includes Ironic process theory in "trying not to think it". It's why we say it's not a big deal, don't worry about it, blah blah blah. In case those who it could happen to would otherwise consider it a big deal and worry about it. And there's truth to it too, because if you aren't that sort of person, it just won't happen.

Some placebo, power of suggestion, control over imagination. It really isn't a big deal unless you make it one. The people who are worried about it in the first place - who will try and "argue" reasons/situations that it could happen - are the ones most likely to unconsciously make it happen. That's what I meant. Entertaining the idea of tulpas harming you in the first place can lead to it actually happening for all the wrong reasons.

But even with all that, they'll probably still turn out alright. Thoughtforms naturally want the best for the system, just like the host. Maybe their ideas on what that means can differ, but a clear line is drawn at actual harm.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

It's still "your" mind/brain, no matter what a tulpa becomes. All the way through their development until they start thinking - with your same brain - on their own, you shape who they'll become. There's literally no reason, with a healthy mindset, that a tulpa would mean to harm their host. You have to want that to happen, potentially unconsciously (which is why we say things like "This doesn't really happen" et cetera).

The only people whose tulpas ever harm them (outside of strange and complex situations) are those who either have a mental disorder that renders them susceptible to invasive thoughts (like schizophrenia, but also some lesser disorders), or who unconsciously "want" it to happen. Those who are too into RPing, who let their imaginations get the better of them, and so on.

Basically, entertaining the idea at all is the only way it can happen. By unconsciously thinking that it will/should happen. And that even includes Ironic process theory in "trying not to think it". It's why we say it's not a big deal, don't worry about it, blah blah blah. In case those who it could happen to would otherwise consider it a big deal and worry about it. And there's truth to it too, because if you aren't that sort of person, it just won't happen.

Some placebo, power of suggestion, control over imagination. It really isn't a big deal unless you make it one. The people who are worried about it in the first place - who will try and "argue" reasons/situations that it could happen - are the ones most likely to unconsciously make it happen. That's what I meant. Entertaining the idea of tulpas harming you in the first place can lead to it actually happening for all the wrong reasons.

But even with all that, they'll probably still turn out alright. Thoughtforms naturally want the best for the system, just like the host. Maybe their ideas on what that means can differ, but a clear line is drawn at actual harm.

Ah, alright. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't sure if you meant "killing tulpas" as in a host killing a tulpa, or "killing tulpas" as in killing is what the tulpa does.