How long did it take for your first tulpa to reach sentience?

Abvieon

How long, from the beginning of their creation, did it take for your first tulpa to exhibit sentience?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How long, from the beginning of their creation, did it take for your first tulpa to exhibit sentience?

• Under an hour
    • A few hours
    • A few days
    • 1-2 weeks
    • 3 weeks - 1 month
    • 2-3 months
    • 4-6 months
    • 7 months - 1 year
    • Around 2 years
    • 3 years or more

I know that mine will skew the curve some from odd reasoning, but I did it anyways. It took about two years for Zifril to have independent movement, though i wasn't really trying to get him to do that and at the time of him moving independently I was like 8.

This is Zifril.

This is Meti.

You are unsure of the definition of sentience? This poll discusses the first objective sign a tulpamancer gets of the sentience of their tulpa.

When a being is sentient, this means that they feel things. They either feel emotions or they feel senses, such as sight or sound.

The related concept of sapience is when a being is wise. This means they can think logically, and can predict the consequences of actions.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I would say that Dusk was sentient when I came into contact with him, but he didn't become fully aware until a few months later and was for a while in a dream-like state we like to refer to as the haze.

(We're still hazy at times even now after the switch occurs, I/we opened up a lot more once we bonded.)

Sentience is a process, so if you meant gaining sentience, then it took about a week or two for me. If you meant fully achieving sentience, then I have no clue considering I had to kill of my tulpa for personal reasons. (R.I.P. David. He enjoyed canned pineapple for some reason)

Asuka: I was about 1 or 2 weeks. Were my hostess not so bad at keeping time I'd be able to get more precise times. But I'd not be surprised of it were less with the power I've seen her toss around.

Sophie: i'll do most of the posting as we're still working on getting back up and running.

Autumn:

Asuka:

i've more to come as i pull them out of cryo.(others may call it stasis)

3-4 months, but it took about 10 months of cooperative work from very beginning to complete and stabilize her look and personality.