the value of a tulpa life and the morality of the community

juasjuasie

Flandre is not Scarlet. The original Flandre from many years ago was a little less emotionally stable than our present day Flan, and by her request she was split into two tulpas, one with her "strong emotions" that was mostly negative and one with her "love" that was mostly.. shy, really. They've both grown into their own people since then. Scarlet, however, prefers not to be active. That's why you don't normally hear about her from us unless her experience is relevant.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that what 001 said is very true, actually. It's very smart. And... this makes me so worried for myself to read that this happens with people. Our lives to us, as tulpas is or at least feels real, thus it on the surface seems like murder, but... I mean, there are reasons to kill people ultimately. Pacifism is nice, but in theory only, in practice, violence is fairly necessary to get things done just as control is necessary in government and things. So to myself, it feels unfair to judge without reference, but to announce without reference, is equally unfair.

But there will always be people, always be violence, and conflicts like this. But there will also always be people who can push past tumultuously immoral moments like this with the logic in their mind, and so we here will, and I hope that you all can too.

Flandre is not Scarlet. The original Flandre from many years ago was a little less emotionally stable than our present day Flan, and by her request she was split into two tulpas, one with her "strong emotions" that was mostly negative and one with her "love" that was mostly.. shy, really. They've both grown into their own people since then. Scarlet, however, prefers not to be active. That's why you don't normally hear about her from us unless her experience is relevant.

Alright, sorry for the mistake.

hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy :)

How sad, more than anything. If there's an afterlife out there, I hope those tulpas find it.

This caused a HUGE fight in our system. This is really a matter of deciding what rights tulpas really have outside of your system. To you they might mean a lot, but outside of it to others- do they matter? Will their disappearance really make an impact on the world?

Now, I'm one to say yes. I think our presence means as much as a human's within this community, but others on this system don't. Which pisses me off, but whatever.

I don't think it's right, but there's not much we can do about people like that. You just gotta be grateful for the system you have. That we aren't like that, that we're loved y'know? And for them, I just hope they learn the errors of their ways, maybe even bring their lost tulpas back.

Claude: Right, I don't normally talk here but I've got to say a few things.

Do I think it's wrong? Sure. But you, by making this post have brought drama from IRC into the forums. Names left out or not, you could be looking down a messy road for doing this.

Another thing I've gotta say is that I'd rather be killed than slowly die from lack of attention. Michael almost did that, and it is horrible. It is cold, it's dark and you will wish you were never born. Awful or not, what that host did was a mercy kill if he dissipated them knowing he was done with them. He had the decency to not just wait for them to die like a coward- and I can respect that.

And back to the big picture- he did it already. For starters it's in the past, and to follow up there is no way to stop him from doing it again. It doesn't really matter what rights we have, we can't do anything to enforce him. Meaning there's no point in fighting, it just gets people hurt and wastes time.

You believe tulpas deserve respect? Respect yours. Because in the end that's all you really can do.

If I had a nickel for every time someone called me gay... It'd go to my host because I don't care enough to collect it.

For one, I think getting all sensitive over what's going on in another brain is a recipe for disaster.

Trying to create a moral standard around tulpas is hard because the more you do shit like that the more this resembles a groupthink situation where anyone that doesn't comply/agree gets shamed out of the building. Some people might read that and think that anyone who offs a tulpa deserves that anyway. I disagree, we should be trying to preserve and understand different situations/points of view so that everyone can have more of an understanding of the phenomena.

Getting into the situation where you try to say that something that happened in someone's brain is objectively wrong or right is a little sticky. Especially when you don't have all the facts around the situation.

Passing judgement isn't really going to do anything but make people uncomfortable and cause strife. It's really easy to get on a moral high horse and then go crusading, but ultimately, especially with things like tulpas, that's letting emotions overwhelm reason, and no one gets anything from arguments like that, except mad.

We're all gonna make it brah.

For one, I think getting all sensitive over what's going on in another brain is a recipe for disaster.

While my huge post on dissipation is trying to appeal to the common mentality of the community, this is how I personally feel.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Trying to create a moral standard around tulpas is hard because the more you do shit like that the more this resembles a groupthink situation where anyone that doesn't comply/agree gets shamed out of the building. Some people might read that and think that anyone who offs a tulpa deserves that anyway. I disagree, we should be trying to preserve and understand different situations/points of view so that everyone can have more of an understanding of the phenomena.

Getting into the situation where you try to say that something that happened in someone's brain is objectively wrong or right is a little sticky. Especially when you don't have all the facts around the situation.

Passing judgement isn't really going to do anything but make people uncomfortable and cause strife. It's really easy to get on a moral high horse and then go crusading, but ultimately, especially with things like tulpas, that's letting emotions overwhelm reason, and no one gets anything from arguments like that, except mad.

While my huge post on dissipation is trying to appeal to the common mentality of the community, this is how I personally feel.

mmm there are things that i learned today for sure. 

for one, i guess the thing this community want to avoid the most is destabilising himself with controversial elements and that is totally acceptable. 

yeah, i will get some debates from others, but i will be open about and at least this community has shown to be very kind.

about being sensitive on others... well yeah it only smells like goin' for trouble, but you know, i have the right to question and maybe even help others if they let me do it. if things go wrong, just be civil, think about your actions and behave with responsibility i assume. i am not the kind that prefers letting controversies pass by unfortunately

also i have met some people who have experienced the fading. i just want to say that all of you guys are completely fine by me, since your backgrounds are honestly pretty reasonable and i understand the implications. if you got offended on what i said, i want do apologise.

emotions vs reason... i guess if one dominates over another it could lead to very nasty stuff i guess.

hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy :)

someone casually talks how a tulpa of his was dead. i got intrigued, and i and others asked questions on him. in the end, it seemed he killed most of his tulpas because he grew tired of forcing with them. i got angry and i had to question his morals, i had to. he then quickly shut it off, and the others just said that we should just go on discussing on other things. an other even said that IRC is all about talking on whatever you like without being judged on.

"He" is standing right here and I did not "murder" those tulpas when they decided that they simply had no interest in sticking around anymore. I did not talk about it casually nor did I "grow tired of forcing them." If you won't get the story straight, you might be better off minding your own business. Might I also just ask, for future reference, to ask for my permission first before you write a post about me teeming with slander and libel. Perhaps just ask me yourself about the situation in private first, maybe? Just a suggestion. 

Your comment about how I didn't care about my decision or the circumstance is vexing to say the least, might I add. I've been tulpaforcing for nearly 5 years now, a decision such as whether or not to continue entirely is not one to be made lightly. What could you possibly understand about that to make that judgement? 

Anyway, if a host takes a tulpas life against their will, I would call that akin to murder. If you really want to get touchy with it, I guess you could call a host dissipating a tulpa who doesn't care much for existing anymore an "assisted suicide." 

Tulpas are imaginations within our own psyche created through self-dicipline and intense concentration. The concept of tulpa "life" is very floaty to begin with, considering their lifeline is attached to their host, so I think it is very tricky to morally classify what exactly the life of a tulpa is and what value it has. In my opinion, if a host decides that they want to let their tulpa decide they don't feel like sticking around, the host should not be charged with murder. 

Let me also add that deciding what is right and wrong with the private affairs of someone else's tulpa system is retarded, especially if it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. You cannot possibly understand the motivations behind another host's decisions in what they are doing with their tulpas, so you shouldn't try to. That goes for anything, not just dissipation. 

i doubt he was trolling, he insulted me after i questioned him and he simply didn't comment on anything again. 

lol

My guide on tulpa creation

Please consider making a private grant to tulpa.info to keep the community alive.

The reason one strives to create a tulpa can be seen as selfish in the first place. Number one reason is for a companion (creating a whole person just to befriend and treat you well?). Other times it's to help with depression or something. And there's also the inapplicable times where the tulpa was completely accidental. It's literally the exact same thing with babies, some people make one just because they want someone to help them out when they get older or simply to pass on their genes (or because it was accidental too lolol). So what's the right reason for making babies (and no, I don't support this movement)? What is the right reason to create a tulpa?

There is none. All of them are completely subjective. There are no objective rules for creation/murder of a tulpa, and no one is under any obligation to do so anyway. And as long as tulpas aren't proven as "real" people (at least by the general consensus of what "real" is), there will never be any. And even if there were laws, there'd be no way to regulate them either. 

So he wants to kill his tulpas because he doesn't want to work on them anymore? Fine by me. Not just because we have close to no influence on his decision, but also because if that's what he truly believes is the right thing to do, I will respect it because there are no definite, set in stone morals on tulpas. Sure, there are some ideologies set by the community here, but even then not everyone in the forums follow this. And imagine how many more tulpamancers are out there. 

Objective morals and rules exist in society because of the law. There are things you can't do to others because with it will come with a punishment. It may seem like, since a large part of the community has a general consensus on certain things, that this is the way it should be. But it isn't because there is no lawful punishment that comes with the action. And, I mean, by definition, you have to tolerate it since there's no way we can interfere.

I feel killing tulpas is fine to be honest. I would have no qualms dissipating my tulpa because as far as I know, she's a delusion. The reason I created her in the first place was selfish anyway, I originally made her to be a sort of escapism. She's developed far from that now, but even so (and I've talked with her many times about this), I can, and will probably never think of her as a real human being until there's undeniable evidence. That's the way it will be as long as I can find scientific evidence that my brain can do any surprising thing she throws at me. And by "real" person, I mean someone who is not just me talking to myself. She's my tulpaware™️️. That's just my left hemisphere controlled brain. But can I play pretend? Hell yes.

It's also worth mentioning that ownership of the brain belongs to the host in the first place. Even if they intentionally brought the tulpa into the world, the playing field still belongs to them in the end, and they have all the power in the early stages anyway.

Overall, you have the right to be offended or have different opinions on tulpamancy, that's a given. But condemning others for their decisions? I don't think that's allowed, whether it be "killing" their tulpa or torturing them. 

I apologize if you find my opinion extreme, but as long as there is no "real" in tulpamancy, this is what I truly believe.

tl;dr As long as tulpas aren't proven to be "real" people we can't establish laws around them meaning it's ok to kill them

I'm not going to listen to you guys since you are all probably just talking to yourself and don't really have a tulpa like me.

"He" is standing right here and I did not "murder" those tulpas when they decided that they simply had no interest in sticking around anymore.

Well, that clears that up.

Let me also add that deciding what is right and wrong with the private affairs of someone else's tulpa system is retarded, especially if it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. You cannot possibly understand the motivations behind another host's decisions in what they are doing with their tulpas, so you shouldn't try to. That goes for anything, not just dissipation. 

However, you then go to far. The rights of the dead is a fascinating, nuanced, and complicated debate. But the key point is, the dead do not represent themselves.

I think the issue is that this is not something happening inside someone else's head. It is someone being killed inside their own head (allegedly).

It is at least worth investigating and thinking about and drawing up theory.

Also, I'd advise not using the phrase "none of your business". It will make people think you are hiding something.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.