A proposal for new terminology.

jean-luc

Also, every time i hear, 'forcing' i think of the literal meaning, like you are forcing someone to do something. I personally don't like it.

Something I have repeatedly brought up to Tulpa #1 as being an odd term for what we were doing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an idea.

Tulpology/Tulpologist where -ology is a suffix meaning 'the study of' typically a scienced based thing. It's actually pretty synergistic with the words topology and typology since we construct a 3-d person and it relates to social science.

Also, tulpa may also be a verb as well as a noun?

+1 tulpology/ist

Tulpa as a verb: as a replacement for force, or something else?

Non-sentient tulpa-like entity: I'm not sure what's wrong with servitor, but how about mindbot or neurobot?

Maggie David (she or they, birthday June 4)

Might as well don a lab coat. Yes, we know, 'tulpamancy' sounds like something edgy fifteen year old teenagers would use, but that's part of what makes it endearing.

Do agree about forcing though. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I have always referred to it as 'meditating'.

you don't have to meditate to force.. playin games with your tup or reading to them ain't meditating, but it is forcing if you're focusing on them

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Why don't we call it "focusing", then? Active focusing and passive focusing?

And J says he calls tulpa-like things "proto-tulpas" and things that are trying to become real tulpas "baby tulpas" because it sounds better.

-C

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

I wouldn't mind replacing "forcing" with "re-enforcing", because "re-enforcing" makes so much more sense and it sounds better, so +1 for "re-enforcing".

I don't know about "Tulpologist", for as much as I appreciate the effort, it still has a silliness vibe "Tulpamancer" has but to a lesser degree. The main problem is "Tulpologist" gives off the impression that we think that we're too good for real scientists to look into Tulpamancy, which is why we shouldn't use it. However, "Tulpology" sounds much nicer than "Tulpamancy", at least if scientists want to talk about Tulpamancy... the only downside there is "Tulpology" loses the "creation" meaning.

Maybe "Tulpa Conjuring" ? No, that's worse, never mind.

Dang it, I came up with another alternative to forcing - bonding. You force your Tulpa... You bond with your Tulpa... I don't know. This isn't helpful for figuring out a replacement for "Tulpamancy"...

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

+1 to "reinforcing", but why are y'all spelling it "re-enforcing"? "Enforcing" by itself is also an option: tulpa enforcing. Neither are too far from "forcing."

Personally, I think the -ology words sound even sillier, because we aren't doing this as a science. We have tulpas or are tulpas, we aren't all tulpa scientists. "Tulpology" doesn't make sense. It makes me think of Scientology, the "science of science" that is a religion.

-J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Reinforcing would make little sense for someone who was still creating a tulpa to begin with. You force them into existence, but you can't really reinforce them into existence. Enforcing is completely pointless, as it just sounds like an even worse version of forcing.

Tulpology sounds dumb, sorry. This isn't some ancient science, we mostly made it up 6 years ago. Tulpamancy remains the necessary, well-established evil.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas