How to do active forcing with a non-vocal tulpa?

Merilde

Good evening, everyone!

I started creating my tulpa about two years ago and still haven't seen any progress (what I mean by this is that we haven't hit any of the "traditional" milestones yet, like vocality). I believe that one reason I'm failing so hard at this is that I don't know, and have never really known, what to do during active forcing. 

I've read a thousand threads about activities to do during forcing, but most of them seem to be geared towards at least partially vocal tulpae. What am I supposed to do when my tulpa and I can't really interact yet? I think that we have managed to achieve a very primitive form of non-verbal communication, meaning that when I'm in a "forcing state", focusing completely on her, I can see her do stuff, but I'm not really sure if it's happening spontaneously or if I'm parroting.

Maybe at the beginning my skepticism played a part in slowing us down, but after two years, I've become really open-minded about the whole concept. Here's the thing: despite having never received any hint of her existence (not even the famous head pressures and emotional responses), I've spent two years with her, whatever she is; I've grown attached to her and I don't feel crazy anymore when I talk to "myself". I think that I'm ready (or, as ready as one can be) to accept her into my life; I just don't know what constitutes a good forcing session with a non-vocal tulpa! Maybe I've missed something really simple, so I'd appreciate a really basic, step-by-step guide on what to do in the "prae-vocality" phase. Thanks in advance! :)

I wonder if a feeling of not knowing what to do during sit-down forcing sessions can lead to trouble.

There are a few things to keep in mind. first, long forcing sessions are primarily recommended because concentrating on any one thing for an hour or more will knock you into a trance like state (ingredient one)

Second, you need to get in to the mind of your tulpa. There are lots of ways to do that. I don't mean directly into your tulpa's mind, but rather, you must see them as a person, and essentially imagine or think their thoughts and emotions into existence somehow (ingredient 2)

Third, you must relax, and experiment.

But this is for just getting your tulpa started.

Going from the start of a tulpa to vocality is mainly just about them learning to use a mind voice the way you do. Though, sometimes tulpas are just mute. Rare though this is. Learn sign language.

You can sometimes get a tulpa to jump straight into possession, which solves the whole communication problem.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

doing possession before vocality is a pretty new development and still seems super weird to me

Lumi wrote a post once for someone that was also 3 years in with no results, but it was very focused around doubt and mindset and basically being completely conditioned against their tulpa being able to talk in the first place. Sounds like that stuff doesn't necessarily apply to you! Mindset might be a problem (just how you're so used to the lack of results being normal really) but not in the same doubty kinda way. Anyways most of this post still applies for you I think https://community.tulpa.info/thread-sentience-time-3-years-so-far-i-don-t-know-what-to-do-i-need-help?pid=166257#pid166257

(Mainly the quote and last paragraph and whatever you feel like applies to you)

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 1 month later...

You could try doing the activities WITH your tulpa. A good rule of thumb is that parroting is 100% intentional. If you're not trying to make her do anything, then assume that she's doing it. If you're running into that old trap where you 'know' what she's going to do before she does it, then it's a GOOD thing. It means that her thoughts are being successfully transmitted to your mind. Try reading to her. The more language she learns, the better her ability to talk will become.

System Members: NaVi (Host), Clarissa, Lily, Aoi & Haru, As of Yet Unnamed aka "U"

Familiars: Northern Goshawk, Raven, Genet, Clouded Leopard, Siberian Husky Pup, Chimpanzee

Hey, it's me again, Lumi and Lucilyn... 4 years now... It's a technicality to say that I've had no results so far, but that's how it feels...

"There is no abiding success without commitment." - Tony Robbins

"Commitment is an act, not a word." - Jean-Paul Satre

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

Hey lunaclipse again. I'd like to help if I can.

That would be very much appreciated... We know each other from elsewhere, so I could just message you through that client instead...

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans." - Peter Drucker

I was planning to make an imposition guide that could be a form of active forcing, more intensive then the image streaming guide I made that was inspired from the Win Wenger guy who coined it. Though, I find myself only, for the time being, being able to do it for at least 2 hours, or so. And that's just doing it verbally as the non-verbal might get a person getting a little maniac.

• 9 months later...

Ha... Really great when you're looking for advice on developing Vocality after almost 5 years, and you run past posts _from yourself_ about exactly the same thing.

I don't know how to describe it. It's no different, and after this 5 year length, I'm finally succumbing to crippling doubt.