[Game] Breaking Point

Lumanatrix

Is it time to become abandoned in a mountain retreat? With no food and 4 meters of snow outside due to global instability, and a pending zombie apocalypse that is about to kill everyone unless they're fed a token brain every day until the local militia arrives, or some other contrived story where we have to kill each other to survive?

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it time to become abandoned in a mountain retreat? With no food and 4 meters of snow outside due to global instability, and a pending zombie apocalypse that is about to kill everyone unless they're fed a token brain every day until the local militia arrives, or some other contrived story where we have to kill each other to survive?

Ever played Werewolf? I've played it at least a hundred times and moderated it a few dozen. For a group of 7-9, there are two werewolves, 1 seer, and the rest are villagers (no special ability) or other optional roles. 

In the night (we bang on the table and shut our eyes unless told to wake up by the GM/God), the werewolves wake up and confer in secret and pick someone to eat. The seer then wakes up and checks someone (The GM will say either they're a werewolf or not, nothing more). Often we play with Cupid, who will wake up in the night and bond two people together (can be themself). Sometimes there's an Apprentice Seer or Hunter. 

In the morning, it's revealed who was eaten in the night, and what their role was. Then, the town votes for someone to hang. The goal is to hang or otherwise kill all the werewolves. Unless you're a werewolf, in which case your goal is to not die and keep picking off the town until the werewolves have majority...

When someone is accused of being a werewolf (via finger-pointing), it needs to be seconded, and then it goes to trial. The accused gets to defend themselves (generally by implying they are a different role, or that they know someone else is a werewolf, or that their death would mess something up). 

If one half of the lovey-dovey pair dies, the other dies of heartbreak. If the Seer dies (being very valuable, if the werewolves discover who the Seer is, they almost always kill them the next turn), the Apprentice Seer (if there is one) becomes a Seer. If the Hunter dies, they get to take one player down with them. 

A lot of this would be hard to make work over text, but man, I've had fun playing Werewolf. Daily sacrifice made me think of it. 

Braaaains. I'm in. -J

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

That sounds really interesting Jamie, I would like to play.

If you do it over PMs, you may need to ask the Werewolves to send you their PMs. The other thing you could do is get people set up on discord, but only if that alternative is more appealing.

Just out of curiosity... can cupid pair a werewolf with a citizen? Can the werewolves kill that person?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I've played werewolf a few times before. I would be interested in playing it.

a cupid can pair a werewolf and a citizen, and the wherewolves can kill that person, but they would normally want to reserve doing that for last

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

If the heartbreak rule applies, I would think the werewolves choosing to kill the lover would also kill one of the werewolves? Or do they get some kind of immunity to that rule?

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

If Jamie or Bre GM for Werewolf, I'll play.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for the very very very belated conclusion to the story for the third breaking point game, but it's done, and I'm ready to play a new version of this game! The plan is to let Uncle Zam (Jamie) choose an ending, release that ending, and open up the new game I finished. All of the major important scripts for the new game are done, so no more waiting for another year for an ending!

If you don't remember game 3 and want to re-read the story (it happened almost year ago, I don't blame you), here's the link to the beginning- https://community.tulpa.info/topic/12880-game-breaking-point/?do=findComment&comment=239409

The ghosts shriek and surround Esmerelda. Esmerelda stands strong and curses at the ghosts. In an instant, they then thrust themselves into her body, and leave with a kicking and screaming apparition of her. The ghost of Esmerelda is then dragged into the pool, sealing her fate.

Uncle Zam lets out a huge sigh of relief. I did it! The first place prize is mine! Wait, wasn't there a second place winner?

Uncle Zam turns to the Beast. "Mi nun satus mian premion, Besto!" The Beast laughs. "I haven't heard spoken Esperanto in a long time, but I know what you desire by that look in your eyes." He laughed, again, hackling.

Do͞ ͞y̕o͞u t͠hin͠k I ̵e͟ve̵r̛ i̷nt͞enḑe̢d̀ fór y̕ou ͜t̷o ҉b͞e ͢the̴ ͏winnęr̡?͝

Uncle Zam froze. An image of the Charade Explorer flashed before his eyes. With his fists clenched, he blurted out,

"You killed him you idiot! If you wanted him to win, you shouldn't have killed him!"

"He was as good as dead when Ranger rejected the body."

"Yeah, because you had a tantrum! This doesn't even make sense, your ghost Butler was around the whole time!"

The Beast's expression turned sour. Coldly, he spoke, "He is not to be referred to as ‘my butler’. He is my closest friend-"

Uncle Zam shouted "So why don't you just talk to him?"

R̴͝á͝ng͠͡èr̵͜ á̸l͝͞w̴̷a͏ý͠s̨̀ ̛҉r̸ej̧͝ȩ̛͟cts̡ th͡e͏ ͜ò̢͠f̴f̧erin͘͜g̨̛!̵́͟ ͢A̢͜l̸w̨a͟͏͘ý̷̡s! E̴̕͏v͝e̵r̕͟y̸̕͢ ̢t͝ìm̢͝e͞͏!̶͡ ҉̧̧The͏̕͝ ̵y̷oư͜n̴̕g̡̛͟es͘͜t́ m̨á̛͡n҉,͝ ̶̀҉t̨̀͟he͘҉ c̵l҉ò͘s͢e͝҉̛s̨͟͜t r̴ep̡̛l҉i̧c҉̨͟a̵̛ ̡t͠͠o͢ h̴͟i̶̕͡s͢ ̀͘d҉r̀é̸̶a͠m͘͠ b̨̕o̴͞d̛y,̀ ̡͟b̛lóơ̸͟d҉ ̧̢t̛yp̵҉e̛ ̢an̴̨d ̧͞m̛i̡͟n͝dśe̢͝t̨̧̡ ̸m̵̡̧á̡t͏c̀͠h̀e͟͠͡s̶, ̷̡it́͠ ̧͏̷ǹ͞ę̵v͢͜͠e̕͠r̨̀ ͘m̨͟at̢̧͝t̷̢͠er̀s̵̡͘!̨̀̀

The pool of ghosts re-awaken, shrieking.

The Beast's shouting devolves into anxious banter. "...He is trapped here, every year, he never remembers, not me, not next year, not even his death, he must be let out, I have to get him out…"

The Beast, gripping his head, graphic: with his claws sinking into his skin, laughs, a terrible, timeless, and breathless laughter. The Beast chokes and wheezes at its intensity, almost to the point of collapsing.

Uncle Zam hears the words pound in his head,

Run you fool, or he will greet you with a fate worse than death by bullet

T͡҉̭̱͓͚̠̤͠h̢͖͜i̬͉͕̦̥̩̠ş̫͚̪͎̹ ͔̹̜̳͢i̴̯͕̰ͅś̷̼̘͇͈̯͇̱ͅ ̵̩̦̯y̸̳o̵̱̳̟͖͜u͏̼̯̟̱̜̭͕̳͡r̭̪̕ͅ ̣͉̖͖͇̝̠f̥͎͍͙̳͇̝̬̳͞a̹͍̙̙̳̜u̬l͏̵͖̱̭̻̤͙ͅt̸̡̘̫.̡̭̝̱͕̻̮̕͟ ̶̩̹̀Í̢̮̜͙̮̰͈̺̘t̛̥͓̖̹̰̣͈̘̗ ̨̝̰̙́͘i̢̢̢̖͓͎s̵̮̯͈̗̦͝͠ ̤̮͔̘̟̲̠͇́y͚̪̻̝͎͕̦͜o͏̹͙̞̘u̡̲͔͍͕̰ŗ̶̦̬̭̮̙͚̗ ҉̰͓͜f̦͙̣a̷͙̲̹͙͍̻̩ͅt̸̡̝͚͓́e̷̴̲͔ ̗̹̖̝̳̙̜̣͢t̗̗̤̮̭̪̯̲͠͞o҉͕̺̘́ ̶̳̹̰͇͕ḑ̤̺̲̫̻͍̺͔̕͠í̝͎̻̰͎͡ͅe̡͓͇̰͓͍̼̹.̳͉̯̰

The Beast roars, and lunges, iron claws first. Uncle Zam bolts and flies down the stairs.

The front doors. Locked. The windows. Ranger said there was a trick for these.

The Beast slides down the side of the stairwell, shredding the walls as he descends.

Click Click Click Click

Fast and heavy footsteps charge straight for the window.

Run. There’s no time.

SMASH

The Beast plunges into the window, just as Uncle Zam barely ducks out of the way. The glass shrapnel penetrates Uncle Zam’s arm as he braces. Out of instinct, Uncle Zam runs in the opposite direction and into the kitchen.

Don’t look back. Find an escape.

Uncle Zam finds small wooden door with a chain. He snatches the chain-

And the lights go out. It’s pitch black.

Uncle Zam scrambles for a door knob. After smacking his hand against it a couple times, he hastily twists the knob, opens the door, and lunges himself through it. Thanks to a dim and mysterious light source behind him, he quickly finds a chair and other objects in an effort to keep the door shut.

POUND

A horrible screeching sound emerges, Uncle Zam tightening his body and clenching to the perceived pain.

Immediately Uncle Zam realized it wasn’t him but the door before him being torn apart, and quickly. He turns to find the mysterious source of the light- a lit torch mounted on the wall. 

͌̋́̾̍ͨ̆̒̅̓̆̈͘͘͡͡҉͉̞̝̟̯͓̗̩̳͔̙͕̘ͅY̢͊̂ͭ͗ͩ̄̈̎ͨͥ̚͜҉͏̜͚̦̣̫̞͕̥̠͕̲̹͎̝̪Ǫ͈̜̖͔̣̩͓͎̓ͪ̐̋̓ͣ̈͋ͧͪ̿́ͧ̓́U͋̓ͬͯ̓̐̌̌͌̚͏̶̡̣̫̼̰͟ ̬̟̮̟̰̤͎͓͚̖̬̇ͧ̈̈́̎̚͘͝ͅW̏̒̉̄͐͛́͐̇͏̨̛̟̮͓̘̹͙̱͕̥͓̲̠̘̤͈̠̱̕͢Ȋ̾ͫ͛͡҉͚̜̟̦̗̹̥L̵̶͖͈͇̬̗͈̙̫͕̺͓͈͓͕ͥͫͮͥͧ̔͘͝͞ͅL͌͑̀̒̓͗̚͠͏̦̱̻̘̫͕̙͉͉͓̮̝̤̗̲͉̫̰͔ ̷͔̭̜̞͉̭̌̀ͬ̽͒ͥ̈́̓ͮ̈̅ͮ̉̉͐̓͒̍ͧ͠͠N͌ͧ̊̑̓̽̒ͯ̉ͩ̾̆͋ͤ͋̀̚̚͜͏̖̖̣̹̘̻̱̦̦͚͉̯̞̯̲͙̺ͅǪ̷̵̸̠͕̬̪̖̫͚ͦ̑̓̏̏ͩ̑͛͐̋ͮ́ͮͬͪ͒̚̚͝Ẅ̨̨͋̾ͩͥ͘͠͏̝̞̫̣̬̦͙͙̯̹̯ ̟̺͕̜͕̜̜̘͚̙̻̙̖̱̲͚̗͙̭̐ͦͤ̃̅ͮͦͩ̓͋͆̑ͦ̉͆̍̀D̴͐̌̏ͪ̌̃ͦ̋̀͑ͩ͌̓̚̕͏̵̱͈̤͓͝I̴̹̙̪̱̥͕̪̖̬̫̪̞̓ͬ͋͑̀͂̓̏̏͟E̮̗͕͍̟͔ͥͭͧ̾̾ͣ̌͗͑̓͒̂̍̚͜͝

Uncle Zam firmly grips the torch, only to jerk at the sight of the monster in front of him. He instinctively thrusts the torch infront of him.

A͡H̀҉́̕͡H̵҉H̡̀̕H͟͟͠H́͜͏H̸̴̛͡

The Beast's hair and clothing burst into flame as the Beast's face is scalded by the fire. Uncle Zam bolts into the darkness, only to quickly discover there is no more basement to run to. The Beast grabs and crushes Zam's shoulder only for the other to guide the torch directly into the Beast’s eye.

A͡H̀҉́̕͡H̵҉H̡̀̕H͟͟͠H́͜͏H̸̴̛͡

As the Beast loosened his grip, Uncle Zam struggles for the basement door and runs back into the mansion. Kitchen, dining room, balcony- the window the Beast smashed into is only a few feet away.

THUD THUD THUD

Uncle Zam jerks his head. The Beast is no longer on fire, but blinded and crawling straight for him, his metal gloves beating against the floor. There’s not a big enough hole in the glass window for Uncle Zam to crawl out of without tearing himself apart.

The trick

THUD THUD THUD

“COME ON!” Uncle Zam screams. Click Click Click Click 

THUD THUD

Click

The window is violently thrown up, and Uncle Zam jumps out.

It's dark outside.

It's raining.

You can't see a dang thing.

It's pitch black.

THUMP

Uncle Zam hears the Beast’s body and metal fists smash against the ground.

The torch is out. RUN. RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO. ESCAPE.

It's too dark outside! Where am I going???

Uncle Zam limps in the darkness and finds light.

The mansion’s light. again. The only lit place in the darkness of the woods. The screams of ghosts and vengeful spirits are smothered by the roaring rain.

All of the other paths lead to darkness. Run in the darkness, and it leads to the cursed light of the mansion. There is no moon for guidance, the wet road disappears in the darkness, not a single spooky tree to guide one out. Nothing to indicate you left the mansion long behind you.

Uncle Zam looked up at the horrible light. A clock revealed the time- one minute before midnight.

It is always one minute before midnight.

Staring at the light, Uncle Zam becomes entranced, walking towards the mansion.

Uncle Zam can now see the grass and blood covered Beast slowly crawling up the stairs towards the balcony.

There are guns upstairs. There must be at least one loaded one up there.

Uncle Zam walks around the mansion and finds a back door. Uncle Zam slowly turns the knob and quietly enters the mansion. As he quietly tiptoes towards the stairs, he can see the Beast dragging his body towards the back door, where he entered. Uncle Zam climbs up the banister to prevent sounding the squeaky stairs.

Uncle Zam carefully makes his way to the third floor. One of the doors leads to a wooden staircase into the attic. There’s nowhere left to go. 

Uncle Zam turns on the lights. Cases and cases of guns. Hundreds of magazines of bullets. Extra metal gloves with claws. Night vision goggles. Several copies the mansion's floor plan. Several smashed old skulls litter the floor.

A loaded handgun rests on a desk near the door. Uncle Zam grabs it. One more shot, and this time-

A stinging sensation sinks into his leg. Uncle Zam looks down to see the Beast squeezing his leg. Suddenly, it was as if the floor was slid from under him. Uncle Zam falls to the floor, face to face with the eyeless Beast. He raises the gun and points directly in between the scorched burns on the monster's face.

BANG

The gloves thud and hit the ground. A large gaping hole had consumed most of the Beast’s forehead. Uncle Zam gasps and scrambles to his feet.

A soft chiming can be heard from downstairs. Uncle Zam looked at his leg. graphic:

Spoiler

The lashes in his leg were significant, but it appears the Beast didn’t squeeze very hard. Blood had drained from his leg and stained his shoe.

Uncle Zam took off his shirt and wrapped his leg. His arms didn’t look too bad. graphic:

Spoiler

Some painful small shards of glass remained in his arms. Some continue to trickle blood, some didn’t.

Uncle Zam leans over the dead body. Dead at last.

He removed the gloves and notices in the Beast's pockets some peculiar items. One of them is a smaller blueprint of the mansion, a miniature journal, a rigged clicker to act as a light switch, his wallet, and a small golden key. Reading the blueprint, Uncle Zam learned the mansion's safe is underneath the pentagram room.

After limping downstairs and making his way to the pentagram room, he turns on the lights to see a small wooden log cabin-like room with a post, left over rope, and the painted pentagram in the center. Out of curiosity, Uncle Zam lifts the trap door behind the pentagram and discovers another safe room with a valve. Referring to the Beast's journal, he enters the code and enters the room.

Beyond him is a room with an astonishing glow. The room was warm, filled with beautiful lights reflecting off of the treasure. The room had everything- gold, jewels, artifacts, suitcases full of cash, everything. It was mind boggling how much gold this mansion withheld!

When he went back to the pentagram room, he noticed a small shelf with old dusty books. I don't remember these he thought. He vaguely recognized one of them- the black magic book the Beast used. Bellow, he saw a portrait of the mansion and a tan, faded paper sticking out. He grabbed it, and after carefully unfolding the old document it read in cursive:

"This family shall hear my verse,

For I will place a terrible curse!

For all of your material wealth and greed,

This mansion shall repay for your erroneous deed!

In praise of your greedy reign, 

These old walls shall bring nothing but pain! 

The whispers of the deceased will madden you,

And all of your secret fears and nightmares will come true!

If you wish to break this curse,

Do as I recommend in this verse! 

Burn your prizes and treasures to ash and debris, 

And this will set the eternal souls of this house free!" 

At least it wasn't cryptic. Not a future poet though.

He went upstairs and returned to the foyer. The lit torch flickered. He sighed, grabbed the torch, and opened the doors. It was still raining outside, so there was no use in walking in the rain with the torch. However, there were several flashlights laying around he could use. He went inside, grabbed one, and returned to the doors. It was cold and dark outside, but the umbrella the Masquerade Ranger used earlier was within arm's reach.

Uncle Zam took the umbrella, put the flashlight in his pocket, and then grabbed the torch. He walked out through the front doors, shielding the torch with the umbrella. He took one last look at the Mansion, it's ominous and eerie presence reminding him of the voices of the ghosts and of his fallen comrades. He gripped the torch, and gazed into the burning flame.

(Uncle Zam, the fate of this mansion and the souls within it are in your hands! Will you burn the mansion or inherit its riches?)

Edited by Ranger
Re-written and with better formatting