Onion Layer for Personality Forcing

DuckLord

Question

Well recently I started creating Nana, my first tulpa but I've been having some trouble on concentrating, so apart from meditating(that helped me) I made a  method for describing the way I wanted the personality I initially wanted and forcing it. 

DISCLAIMER This method is aimed towards people who prefer images, visual media or symbolitzation(aka imagination) over plain text.

So here's the result:

544505642_Tulpapersonalityitself.thumb.jpg.f8cb116d6dfba2d374ff6cbfcd5c9960.jpg803261103_Tulpapersonalitychart.thumb.jpg.662e192034c4e7e5793a14f568022395.jpg

DESCRIPTION OF THE METHOD

The actual method is composed of two variations, if you want the easy one, less complex one you might want to choose the first one and if you want the more complete one you might want to choose the second one.

1. The first one, the one on the left, is the most easy and rapid one but it doesn't compare to the complexity and explaining of the second one, this one is best used for users who want the brain to fill in the gaps and take less time.  Here you'll only be explaining the trait, the motivations and how both impact the personality, if you want to expand to the origin the sinergies between traits and reactions to situations and emotions you can go to the second variation( the second one is more lengthy) .
  2. The second variation is composed of the first and the shapes in which you'll be explaining the origins, the reactions of situations and emotions(apart from what you explain in the first one).

HOW TO AND EXPLANATION

So when you've read until this part, you'll be asking yourself "WHAT'S THE METHOD AND HOW TO DO IT?!" well first off calm down.

When you've chosen which of the two variations (or made a new one by yourself) then its time to explain the method and how to do it.

NOTE:I used the shape of a triangle because in my head it made sense as to peeling layers and  layers of traits and a personality, but you can perfectly make it a another shape.

1. Here I'll be explaining the first variation and the center of the second.If you didn't notice by now the first variation is composed of a triangle inscribed in a box divided by several horizontal lines and one large big vertical line.

• Let's start with the core personality in the lower center of the triangle you can see a small triangle .That is the basic requirement of the personality you are describing and it's where you put the trait or role that explains the main aspect of your tulpa, the one that is the most important one.
  • The vertical line that goes through center of the triangle is the essence, the role that you want your tulpa to be and which can be seen even from the first impressions. The essence in itself is like what makes yourself the person you are, if for example the core of your personality is active you could have the essence be nervous, for example someone who likes to go on trips and climb mountains could be a very restless person who need to move all the time. The essence is very subjective to the desires of every person.
  • The horizontal lines are the levels of understandal or knowledge of the person . For example between line from up to down 3 to 6 would be ordinary friends, 7 to 8 might be intimate friend and 9 to 10 might be couple, best friend or life companion, meaning which more deep you go into the relationship the more you will know the traits of the person, its motivations,its essence and core.
    Seems this part is not very understandable: The horizontal lines are   the levels that a relationship can take, for example a  life companion relationship would  be the 1rst line starting from the bottom. It essentially represents the understandal of the person . These are marked in black and are perfectly horizontal in the example. Each horizontal line represents a level deeper into  the personality. This is just for reference. If you don't want to, you don't have to make this step, just remember that the more you approach the bottom means that you are going deeper into the person.
  • The layers, which are NOT made, need to be put in correlation of the depth of the triangle (deeper means that its a trait which cannot be seen in first impresions and one needs to explore more of the person to know that trait) and importance(the size of it depending on its role or impact on the person). The method is named after the way the traits need to be put, by layers, as an onion for example in a introverted person you might first see: 1rst level(1rst impresions)= shy, bookworm, strange/5th level(friends)= gentle, caring, justice holder, friendly.... The lines marking the separation between layers are marked in red in the example.
    To separate the layers just draw lines starting from the vertical line and design as you want.
  • The motivations, which are  NOT listed, can be put at the sides of the triangle as any shape you want, I haven't put any because as the traits, that would restrict the choice of the creator putting them too superficial or too big. I recomend putting them in correlation to the size and importance , depth and deep motivations example: Eating candies would be very little sized and superficial meanwhile paying the debt of its family would be very deep and big sized.

2. Now comes the second variation or the external part, here we will be covering the origins of the traits or motivations you want to             explain, the sinergies between traits, how does the tulpa react to emotions and situations. Let's start.

First of all you should number each trait and motivation because you'll have to link it to the shapes outside the triangle inscribed box           without arrows.

• First of all are the origin squares which are the most proper with discontinuated lines are the ones in which you can explain why does the trait exist. Faqman explains it better in his guide.
  • Then there are the sinergies of the traits where you can explain how a trait affects another one. The diamonds.
  • The emotions where you should explain how does the tulpa react to certain emotions caused by situations. This one pretty much suplements the situations. The panels.
  • The circles are the situation. How does your tulpa react to certain situations?

Now that I've explained the variations here comes the how to.

1. To describe the personality you can either, write it in the  corresponding category, number the trait to categorize it and make a  recording with its number , or just narrate it and memorize it. Obviously you can change the method as you like, this is just a chart to better explain the personality.
  2. When you've ended describing the personality you can either simbolize it by making the shapes in your imagination and building like a city or something by the style or simply narrate it.

[align=center]The photos are just examples, you can take them as charts or just make one yourself by drawing it in a sheet of paper, make it in a computer software or just imagine it.

[/align]

This guide is just so you can understand the method and then do it for youself.

GUESS THAT'S ALL

Thanks to all the repliers.

[align=center]

Here's a quick and random example I made about the core personality:[/align]

http://imgur.com/a/ZUzLl

Note that personality is fluid so if you want to keep the scheme up to date you'll have to do a lot of work.

PS:English is not my native language so please pardon me for any grammatical errors.

Thanks for reading.

1ST EDIT:Simplifed optimized and made overall changes.

2ND EDIT:Made some optimitzation and changes, thanks to sand.

I liek gaems.

While this seems like a good template for putting together your tulpa's personality in a specific way, I don't know if it would actually work with reinforcing a tulpa's core sense of self over time. Is the point that you're meant to memorize the template which would then force a personality while having something to refer to?

Attaching very specific meanings to all the different lines strikes me as having an issue that symbolism can have in general. I could make a template out of cheeto dust and ascribe meaning to different lines in that. The level of specificity you have going on here doesn't seem helpful for anyone that isn't too lazy to just do their own thing.

You've still got some spelling mistakes kicking around too. The word you're looking for is symbolism, and somewhere lower you've misspelled the word impressions.

Grammar-wise, starting off a sentence with "Well" is unnecessary.

Also this:

The first one, the one on the left, is the most easy and rapid one but it doesn't compare to the complexity and explaining of the second one, this one is best used for users who want the brain to fill in the gaps and take less time.  Here you'll only be explaining the trait, the motivations and how both impact the personality, if you want to expand to the origin the sinergies between traits and reactions to situations and emotions you can go to the second variation( the second one is more lengthy) .

The repeated use of the word "one" here instead of the actual nouns you're looking for (template? diagram?) makes this really clunky and hard to read. Also I'd shorten some of these sentences, they're very run-on.

We're all gonna make it brah.

This makes personality forcing unnecessarily complicated. I don't see anyone making any actual use of it. Really, it would be more effective for people to simply come up with their own way of doing it. I don't necessarily think extensive personality forcing is a good thing anyway. Simply writing down a list of traits and thinking on them a bit works perfectly. I could go through and revise the grammar of your own guide for you, but really, this does not appear to be something actually helpful. "Tips and tricks" and Resources are supposed to make tulpamancy easier and more effective, not longer and harder to understand.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

Sands and tulpa001 covered a lot of my thoughts already.

I want to understand this guide, but after reading through it a few times, I still find myself unsure about it. I feel like this is something that has worked well for you, and I get that you want to share it and help others. Honestly, though, I feel like something like this is so subjective, that you'd be better off simplifying this guide down to, "If you're a visual person, try using shapes that correspond to different personality traits, and arrange them in a way that's coherent to you." Don't get me wrong, I do think this is an interesting way to go about mapping out the general personality.

At the end, you said that maintaining this as the tulpa grows will be difficult, so is there a reason I should go through all the trouble to do this? It would be helpful for maybe the first few weeks, but then I'll just end up tossing it out, right? Also, I'm willing to correct the largest spelling, punctuation, and grammar mistakes in a Google Doc, as well, if you would like.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112