Aphantasia

Am I able to create Tulpa when i have no vizualization abilities ?

Already trying for several months with one Tulpa but there's no results

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you mean just thinking in silence then I'm able to .

But if it's something i have to do in my head then I can't do it . I never was able to remember taste of smh , voice etc

If you really can't imagine anything at all, not even general senses, I'm not sure making a tulpa is really possible. Possible, maybe, but not traditionally and I think how you do it depends on the person. For example blind (from birth) people can still make tulpas, just without the visual aspect, assumedly deaf people could too, etc. But I don't know the extent of your mental abilities at all, could be the very concept of tulpas is counter to your situation. Or not, we can't know.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

"Certain people are unable to create any images, sounds, tastes, smells or touch within their mind. This is known as Total Aphantasia."

That's exactly what I meant by Aphantasia

Well so there's no point of it I guess yet it helped me a little becouse when i have lucid dream I "summon" it .

Btw. how it is to change with Tulpa ? I'm wondering if "you're in " Wl or still in body just with changed personality

Just because one may be afflicted with a critical lack of imaginative sensation does not (should not) preclude any efforts to make a tulpa, inasmuch as being blind oughtn't dispel one's efforts of painting. It may sound wildly counter-intuitive and even impossible at first, yet this is simply not the case.

It took me more than several months to achieve success, and I am glad that I made what effort I could. While I sympathise with how you feel, remind yourself that patience is a virtue. Making tulpas isn't a kind of game, as you may already know. You are taking care of and making a way for someone else who will share life with you, another person you will know closer than most any one, if not every one you know of and meet.

I don't have aphantasia (I've something of the opposite, really), so I can't factor in how this inability limits one's creative powers...yet have you considered looking into different modes or mediums of expression? For instance, stream-of-conscience writing exploring how you'd spend a typical day with your tulpa, or listening to a particular song that evokes feelings similar to those you'd have towards said tulpa? If you can't harness your imagination normally, why not pursue something that could inspire you or provide a sufficient basis for what you desire?

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Well it's more like doing smh alone. Even if I try to talk there's any kind of response. I can't hear any words which aren't mine. It's hard to see face. exactly I can do it in some kind becouse i remember shapes etc. I made a Wl but its only words builded thing . What medium do you said about ? . Nothing like inreal built wont help. tried somewhen chakras and other things based on mind yet it doesnt work

This is interesting All the various senses are processed in different parts of the brain. So I just assumed aphantasia was always limited to one, or maybe two senses.

Oh wait. You can still dream?

Dreaming implies an imaginative environment that a tulpa can be made in. Lucid dreams are perfect for this.

The following communication methods cannot be affected by aphantasia: possession, certain types of tulpish.

When it comes to visualisation, if you want to look at visualisation still, you don't actually need to see anything. It is possible to work off impressions alone, if you still get those.

Indeed, you can do all the personality work for a tulpa, by simply writing them a story. After their personality is established, you can face the harder problem of communication.

Your question about what it is like is confusing. What you are describing vaguely sounds like switching, but that is a rare and small aspect of the experience of tulpas.

Anyway, there is no change in personality, even when you stay in the body. You are still you. What you experience is another who starts controlling your body.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

I see. Well aphantasia doesnt affect dreaming but i had some problems with Tulp or even I can say still I have them. When i try to "summon" ( its how I try to get contact but I can just say her name and she comes... sometimes. More times she didnt came by some reason even trying few times . She never said a little word and has diff shapes. Yeh I gonna make some notes about Tulp to have clear vision of her . I should be able to "have" Tulp in dreams yet not sure if Im able to do it besides dreaming