Would Tulpamancy Count As a Religion?

Now, now, I know -- coming off a bit strong here, but hear me out.

After writing (not so exactly) an essay about what I have realized about tulpamancy in religion, it made me see everything in a new light. Demonology, Angelology, theology, Goetia, philosophy and paranormal all came together in a mental amalgamation, almost feeling like a sodomic defiling of knowledge, and it made me think.

I'm not saying in the big picture of tulpamancy, or in the case of a cultist type of way, more like a buddhist type of fashion -- would Tulpamancy count as some sort of religion, and not just some practice/medium like Goetia?

Because as a (personal, sole) philosopher and a "creator" of literally three different multiverses, I believe that, since the mind is so powerful, so great and mighty, we connect to a different state of self (our spirit) and through that, it causes ideas to come to life through visualization (forcing, wonderland) and it attaches another spirit (tulpa/guardian/etc) to our spirit, causing pure enmeshment. Through this, (and I use this terminology loosely) we become Gods.

Like I asked, would Tulpamancy count as a type of religion?

Eh, after the last thread with tulpamancy being discussed as a pseudoreligion, this one brings up some strong feelings.

Anyway, the answer is no, it is a subculture. That is the proper categorisation. Religions have religious beliefs.

It is also not a practise, but a collection of things surrounding a practise. It is also not one practise but many variants of one practise.

To understand the difference between a culture and a religion, compare and contrast what it means to be Canadian, and what it means to be Catholic.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Eh, after the last thread with tulpamancy being discussed as a pseudoreligion, this one brings up some strong feelings.

Anyway, the answer is no, it is a subculture. That is the proper categorisation. Religions have religious beliefs.

It is also not a practise, but a collection of things surrounding a practise. It is also not one practise but many variants of one practise.

To understand the difference between a culture and a religion, compare and contrast what it means to be Canadian, and what it means to be Catholic.

I see. However, I've thought some things over when I put in place the idea of God and entities being entities relating to tulpas, and thought about how angels are good because we believe them to be and that demons are evil because we believe them to be, but being put in the perspective of thinking every entity in Christian mythology is good, it makes the illusion of belief that demons are good, and to hypothesize, if someone were to believe this and summon one, it would be good.

I don't endorse rituals or sacrifices, but I have a feeling that the mythological hierarchy of Demons and the demons themselves are only evil because humans think them to be.

Yes, tulpamancy is a subculture that has a collection of ideas surrounding practice. But I believe the qualities of it gather into a pseudoreligion/philosophy that uncovers truths of the human mind and origins. Not to sound cryptic or mystical. Just a theory.

Impossible. To the last person, no one here can agree on said truths. Therefore each person is a religion onto themselves.

The real mystery is how we can work together and collaborate under such complete anarchy.

Depends on if you consider this stuff fact, or just a possible interpretation of various phenomena. It's certainly not a religion to me, just an organization (of a collection) of ways of thinking. It's like calling baseball a religion because they tell you "rules" you're supposed to believe, and you do... because that organization of ways of thinking creates a game, not because you think those rules are some kind of fact.

That being said, there are some tulpamancers who take what they hear as gospel, and go around considering our equivalent of football players to have incorrect beliefs. But I don't think, at least specifically with "Tulpamancy", there's any real intent of that. So overall I wouldn't call it a religion, even if a small number of people "practice" it like one, or are at least misinformed on the nature of the information involved.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Tulpamancy is a religion the same way veganism is a religion. It's not. It's a practice.

💡 The Felights 💡 https://felight.carrd.co/  💡

🪐 Cosmicals: 🔥 Apollo Fire the Sun God (12/3/16) Piano Soul the Star Man (1/26/17)

🐉 Mythicals: ☁️ Indigo Blue the Sky Dragon (10/2/17), 🦑 Gelato Sweet the Sea Monster (12/11/22)

🦇 Nycticals:  Dynamo Lux the Shock Rocker (3/3/17), 🎸 Radio Hiss the Song Demon (2/8/00)

In tulpamany they believe they can make one .

But what our opinion about buddahsim tulp creating ( is it science or religion??)

To me tulpa not religion here... its only fact by practice.

Although it has a religious background.

But become a realstic fact.

We should at last can saperet them.

But some tulpa has beliefs such as angel and fairy

In forcing. .so this practice make new path to religions.

Like me I'm making idol god so I can use it as god when it happened.

But still I have first creator. ..my tulpa only will change it later .

Given enough time and energy, the universe may keep expanding forever. If it does, new star-systems and planets will continue to form into perpetuity.

This means that, one day, as the mathematical possibilities of how matter can be arranged are exhausted, in some unfathomable number of years in the future, at some unfathomable distance away, there is a small chance that there will exist a world where a perfect replica of your tulpa lives corporeally and biologically...

That counts as an "after-life," right?

If the universe does keep expanding forever, the heat death of the universe is a necessary consequence of entropy and conservation of energy.

More interesting, the size of the universe is unknown, as there is an observation horizon due to the universe's expanding nature. Therefore the universe could be large enough to include all possible configurations of matter under its physical laws. Consequently I could already exist physically inside this universe at this present time.