Should we?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we?

• No! IRC forever!
    • Bad idea.
    • I'm conflicted.
    • Meh.
    • Good idea.

There's the IRC for realtime chat. I personally don't like discord for real discussion, it's better for gaming and posting pictures and videos and such.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

This is true. Posting pictures, videos, and voice chat are all easier on discord. Text chat is equally easy, but you can't be faulted for thinking the layout is gaudy. You can make the image avatars go away by changing the layout.

I don't know how you'd use the service for gaming.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

"Discord is a modern free voice & text chat app for groups of gamers." It's literally made for gamers. Only chat I've been a part of is the Touhoucraft one though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one.

The original purpose of the chat was for people to be able to jump in with quick questions/discussions in real time. Say there's a new person interested in creating a tulpa and came across our site. If they wanted to quickly discuss it with people, they could click on the Chat link, go into web chat, and start the discussion. No registration, no apps, no third party software. I would like to keep that going for simplicity's sake.

At the same time I know that there's some other platforms with tulpa community groups -- I'm in one for Telegram, and there's often new members going in there to ask questions.

I suppose I'm not against a discord channel, but I'm also not for replacing IRC with it.

EDIT: This is also sort of the reason I was never fully on board with the Tapatalk app. I like to keep things as "native" as possible so people can jump right in on any platform.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

There are still going to be people on the IRC if we had a Discord chat. Many people will use both, I imagine. I understand the desire to not break up the community, however.

Perhaps we could do a trial run? If it ends up causing issues, just delete the Discord server.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112

Discord is easy to use after the first time. It never required a download, and hasn't asked me for my password or credentials since my first login. It currently operates in browser the same way kiwi IRC does for me. (but kiwi IRC asks me for my password every single time.)

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.